Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/30/2005 07:17 AM CST
my wifes little cousin's family....(heh, had to reread that make sure it was right) well i cant remember if they were actually eating rabbit or not, maybe it was a joke. but the story goes.....
(insert little girls name here) you want some rabbit?
(shakes head) no no, I want some bunny.

hehe

Verbal
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/30/2005 01:51 PM CST
I find the whole eating bunnies thing sick. When I was about 9, I went outside to feed Mr. Little Big Foot, my rabbit. When I got there his cage was empty. I ran crying to my uncle who told me I hadn't been taking care of the rabbit so he sold it.

The next day after eating fried chicken for dinner, by older sister who prepared the meal said to me "did you enjoy Mr. Little Big Foot?" I said I missed him and couldn't believe my uncle sold him because I knew I had been taking care of him, then my sister said "sold?", no you just ate him for dinner.

It's a sick, cruel, sick world. Lesson Learned: if there's a question, always ask for a wing.

Tish
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/30/2005 03:27 PM CST
>It's a sick, cruel, sick world.

<snort> My rule ... if you can't kill it yourself, don't eat it. And yes, I most certainly have.
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/30/2005 03:34 PM CST
When I was young I ate a fried frogs leg, tasted good until my brother laughed at me and said "You know thats not chicken". Ahh early childhood traumas...

~Entyy
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/30/2005 03:38 PM CST
Argh... speaking of trauma.

I had gotten back from dance class. I was wearing danskins and my older brother thought it would be funny to stick a night crawler down my back. I was horrified. Looking back I recall just screaming and running with this wiggly thing down near my butt. To this day, I cannot pick up a worm. I see them squiggle and I freak even though my mind tells me its harmless.

Daxlynn's Energizer Bunny
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/30/2005 04:57 PM CST
Harmless bah! They are slimy and just eww!!! I hate bugs. ::shudders::

Tish
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/31/2005 08:57 AM CST
>To this day, I cannot pick up a worm.

Funny you would mention worms, I found a HUGE nightcrawler in the garden yesterday and my oldest daughter was chasing away the neighborhood boys with it.

Ebil Cleric Bambina
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/31/2005 09:56 AM CST
Ok guys, I swear my kids are as nutty as I am. This just happened last night and this morning.

My daughter, Sarah age 8, lost her tooth last night. So of course she is planning on doing the toothfairy thing. She woke up this morning complaining that the tooth fairy never came and I am thinking.. oh rats.. I can't believe I forgot. Then I notice she is holding a note she wrote with her tooth taped to it. I read the note and it said only the words. "GIVE ME 3 DOLLARS." So I said to her (and thinking phew!) Thats why! You are asking for too much money. She did the pouty thing and I give her a lesson how its better to let the tooth fairy give you what she thinks is appropriate and not ask for gifts. She takes this fairly well and I think she understood she was really asking too much. Good lesson learned.

So I needed to leave for work and I go to her and give her a hug n kiss and I notice she is trying to scotch tape her tooth to a drinking straw. I said, what is that? She said.. I am making the tooth fairy a new wand so she can save money. LMAO..

Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/31/2005 10:51 AM CST
That's priceless!

I can't wait until my daughter gets older, I'm just baby proofing the house at the moment. Can't believe she's nine months old already.

Crory's diaper-draped brain
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/31/2005 11:17 AM CST
My daughters friends are starting to lose teeth now, and my daughter is soooo jealous! She keeps asking why she isn't losing any teeth yet. We do the good parent thing and explain how differant kids lose teeth at differant ages but that still doesn't solve the problem- she really wants to leave a tooth for the tooth fairy- because as she told me not long ago- "You know Daddy, fairies aren't real- except of course the tooth fairy."

Then there was the conversation she had with her friend in the car as I drove- as her friend explain her strategy to save up all of her teeth and put them under her pillow all at one time so she could get like $10.00!

Flavius
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 04/25/2005 02:58 PM CDT
My kids are funny..

Yesterday, my youngest said to my older daughter. (Ages 8 and 10) "When you are an old grandma I will be taller than you."

I strained to listen to make sure I heard that right and just cracked up. We spend a lot of time with my parents and my Mother is always remarking how she is shrinking with age.

Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page