1 3 Next Next_page
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 05:58 PM CDT
Just that there is the limiting factor of the power source being depleted, so you can only stack so much for so long, etc... It's not a limitless pool, and would grow over time so I just think learning would pace a little slower than a single skill that isn't powered by anything really.

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 06:05 PM CDT
>>I could be missing something but the idea that anyone would have them all training all the time seems a bit unlikely.

I would wager you're wrong on that one too, flip that to it is extremely likely that most will have them all going at the same time.

>>It's also a gigantic difference in total TDPs dropping out of the air.

Let's not go there hehe, seeing as I and some others are having a giant mass of TDPs way more than that drop into oblivion heh. That gigantic difference would be a small dent in the number some of our going in the hole with.

I am sure (if we were training these skills all along) there would be SOME skills that we would have slightly less of, but not enough to really matter, probably a a few ranks over several skills less from starting barb abilities over the last several years. The only thing I am really arguing is that if we did have the skill since the get-go pretty much every barb would have it at seriously high levels. Sort of a pointless discussion though unless it was up for change which I don't think it is.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 06:28 PM CDT
<<but most of what I've seen in Plat is that learning augmentation means not learning others since no ability teaches all of them -->>

True that no ONE ability teaches it all, but you CAN use more than one ability at a time <unlike 2.0, where you could only dance one type or either dance or berserk, etc.> If i throw up a few forms at once, or a form plus a berserk - I'm learning augmentation, plus if I roar at the same time - a lot - to learn debilitation I'm learning all 3 skills inside of combat. The only non-combat ones <where you can't start them in combat> seem to be a few of the mediations.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 06:31 PM CDT
It's definitely possible, my experience with 3.0 is that it's forced a bit more tradeoffs and decisions about what to focus training on even within skillsets. That may not transfer 1:1 with barbs for IF stuff it seems.

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 06:32 PM CDT
I see what you're saying now, Ryken. I highly doubt that'll be a limiting factor when all you need to do is reach optimal learning states. Keeping those skills at 3/34 should not require me to go balls out with every single possible buff and deplete my inner fire.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 06:38 PM CDT
Yeah, I imagine some folks would be diligent enough to keep them optimized, I've seen some of the Genie scripts people can create to overcome obstacles to learning!

I'm curious to see how IF pool works for non-combat related usage though, and if they really are trainable for the duration in the background while lore training.

Player of Ryken
---

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 06:40 PM CDT
Essentially what we're saying is barbs stay in combat typically unless they are dead or conflicting and even then we're in use ability mode.
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 09:01 PM CDT
>>>
Training them to that level would have reduced your training time for other skills along the way, should the conversion shave off a % of the other terts to make it more accurate to what would have happened if the skills had really been available?>>

NO, Bad troll, BAD troll.
- Buuwl
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 09:26 PM CDT
>NO, Bad troll, BAD troll.

Just because someone says something you disagree with does not make him a troll. His statement makes factual sense; the more time you spend locking more skills, the less bits you have. Now the specifics of why it's a 'bad' statement are that you'd be fractionals of percentages lower, almost unmeasurably so.

Also, I still want to know who and where all of these people who 'really dislike' the new barb stuff but 'I won't see them anywhere I travel' are. Aside from the FB plat page, I hit up all the sites I know and haven't seen anything.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 10:25 PM CDT

I don't just "disagree" with the statement, it's entirely false.

- Buuwl
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/02/2012 05:29 AM CDT
It was a question not a statement, to help me better understand how a potential tradeoff for more grandfathering might make sense. Which some other people actually provided helpful info in response to to make it clearer.

Player of Ryken
---

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/02/2012 09:57 AM CDT
>>Just because someone says something you disagree with does not make him a troll. His statement makes factual sense; the more time you spend locking more skills, the less bits you have.<<

No it doesn't. Not in the slightest. You don't get less bits in passively learned skills just because you are training other skills. If I'm humming and training foraging, my vocals experience isn't slower because I'm also learning foraging. Our abilities will train IF/Augmentation just by having them run, so his statement was blatantly and completely false.
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/02/2012 11:21 AM CDT
Well, it was tied to the thought that people would be doing things out of combat, like forging, where IF would limit their ability to have all skills learning (particularly debilitation). Other people have been helpful, the whole trolling/getting worked up on it is comically in character for berserkers I guess.

Player of Ryken
---

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/02/2012 11:56 PM CDT
>>Some of us have 1000-1200 in tert skills. Saying that if we had our supernatural skill all along and we would have similar ranks in that as other tert skills seems appropriate. Not targetting their decision of grandfathering that seems set in stone pretty much, but targetting your failed argument. :/

I outright said that many of my own lore skills match or exceed my weapon skills, I'm not sure why some of you keep on insisting that we're disagreeing on this point. I never said it was infeasible to have skill ranges that high, because people already do, so clearly it is not infeasible.

>>You're saying being tert should suck twice. (using your terms)

Err.... no. Not suck twice, just suck once. These skills did not exist before, it's existentially impossible for them to have sucked a previous time.

I had created a multi-paragraph post again reiterating all the points I feel are being ignored, but I'll just ask this instead: how exactly would you propose we go about grandfathering the ranks if not tying them to circle requirements? If you actually think through all the alternatives, I don't find many of them attractive. They're either incredibly unreasonable or outright impossible.
1 3 Next Next_page