Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/27/2012 03:40 PM CDT
>>People in Plat are currently unaware of what they can/can't post about in the Prime folders in regard to 3.0

In general we are encouraging Plat players to watch what they post simply because so many aspects of 3.0 are in a state of flux and balance tweaking. It does not do the community any good to provide # of hits to kill, or time to mindlock when they might change tomorrow in response to player feedback.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/27/2012 04:11 PM CDT
>>In general we are encouraging Plat players to watch what they post simply because so many aspects of 3.0 are in a state of flux and balance tweaking. It does not do the community any good to provide # of hits to kill, or time to mindlock when they might change tomorrow in response to player feedback.

Makes sense.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/28/2012 08:43 AM CDT
>>Not what I've heard from people in plat<<

I'm curious as to which people he's referring to. Most of the barbarian community, at least from what I've heard in chat, is pretty satisified with new barb abilities, although I do admit that I'm a bit dissappointed that I'll never get a chance to dance <old> dragon.

-57th barb in plat-

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/28/2012 09:48 AM CDT

>>120th -
Inner fire: 390 ranks
Augmentation: 323 ranks
Debilitation and Warding: 420 ranks<<

Not sure how you are getting such high numbers at 120. Using the chart on elantipedia that was posted at 150 I added 1st supernatural to 320. Here you have it already at 320 but the barb is only 120. By 120 my math shows augmentation should be 230s. What am I missing? What is the actual rank value for 150?

For you noobs out there asking for my sources, you obviously don't know me.

I don't name drop
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/28/2012 10:22 AM CDT
>>Not sure how you are getting such high numbers at 120.

Probably because he wrote the system and guild reqs and conversions.

Just a hunch.

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/28/2012 10:27 AM CDT
yes- i realize that....

However - if the numbers changed, I didnt see any update.

I wouldn't be arguing about the numbers if we were updated with a new formula.

But we haven't been (to my knowledge) and I'm basing my posts off the chart on elanthipedia that someone posted.

So - going by those number, it doesn't add up.
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/28/2012 10:44 AM CDT
>For you noobs out there asking for my sources, you obviously don't know me.

Which means you have less than zero credibility with me until you establish yourself.

Being extremely hostile, and condescending, and insulting does not engender this.

Saying you have 'confidential' sources and don't 'name drop' after you've said 'I know people and they say' and then are called to say who 'people' are, just makes it look like you were simply fabricating things to go along with your gloom and doom chicken little about numbers.

As I said, no one in plat, on the boards, on IMs, or on Plat chat forums has said anything remotely like what you're stating.

And they certainly haven't said it here.

But Kodius (the guy who wrote the system?) and players (the guys using the system?) have. And they don't hold your 'it's going to ruin barbs' attitude.

So the most simple assumption is that you don't know jack, or you're talking to perhaps the single person who I will not have any communication with for any reason. And if you're basing your opinions on that single person, I can't help but feel a lot of pity for you.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/28/2012 01:08 PM CDT
KROONERMANREVENGE -

I know far more about this game than you ever could. I'm not going to elaborate on. It is just a fact.

So accept it.

I posted a bit ago about the numbers - If you want to keep finger pointing and crying that's up to you.

However - if you want to pull out a calculator and show me where my addition doesn't add up. That is fine and I welcome it.

I added the numbers a few times and it seems like Kodius example of a 120 barb's "magic" is way off.

I would welcome his numbers though because they are far better than mine.

As for credibility - my character's name is Jondong. If you want to stop by sometime and learn something. Be my guest. I'll set up a desk for you and a pad of paper with a pen so you can take notes.
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/28/2012 03:08 PM CDT
>I know far more about this game than you ever could. I'm not going to elaborate on. It is just a fact.

You know what? I'm totally sure you do. Congrats! I clearly know nothing about Barbs and just made it all up, and deeply apologize before the overwhelming awesomeness. I've never even played this game before man, this is my first day. How do I make a character?

Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/28/2012 03:44 PM CDT

hah way to delete your old post.

tricky tricky -

whatever buddy. One day you may be as good as me.

Until then - lol @ u
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/28/2012 05:19 PM CDT
<<For you noobs out there asking for my sources, you obviously don't know me.>>

there are exactly 4 barbarians over 50th circle who currently play in plat. I'm one of them.

Arathael,Talmarin,Gonifa, and Talo. None of us have said anything like you are describing over plat chat, or on the plat forums. So... whatever. In this instance <and if you have read my posts you'll know this is not habitual> I'll have to agree with Ucu's player and call shenageens.

As for the numbers of ranks for Inner fire and the rest of the supernatural skill set, they've changed since the guild reqs were originally posted. What exactly they are now though I'm not certain, nor am I certain whether they will remain at the current ranks. That's why its still in a sort of flux, and tested out so that when it hits prime, it will be a fully robust system. The way I'm seeing them as I'm playing my barb though, doesn't seem as if I'm lacking for anything when utilizing the inner fire ranks I have, they don't seem to handicap my character.

The roars & debilitation ranks, I have to play more with still - as certain roars are harder to pull off than others. <at least vs critters, I haven't tested them pvp-wise> - which isn't a change from 2.0 - everyone knows that Edgee roaring is much more powerful than some "newbie" barb that just got the roar. :-)

Warding ranks have been grandfathered, but I haven't seen which abilities we have that teach this skill yet, nor is the "expertise" skill yet "live", nor has it been grandfathered, although it is "listed" under exp weapon 0. Nor do I know yet how it will be trained. I'm assuming in combat somehow, as most Barbarian abilities/skills/lore-fu are in some way combat-related. So there's still much to be done.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/28/2012 06:16 PM CDT

you know what?

I deleted my post too. STOP THE BICKERING

Ok - so whatever whatever...

I just want to know how Kodiu's calculated those numbers.

They look at lot better than grandfathering to minimums.
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/28/2012 06:38 PM CDT
>>There was a real chance of not grandfathering anything and letting Barbarians train skill back up from 0 just like Rangers and Paladins had to do with TM skill, and how some people will have to do with Lore Crafting skills post-split.

There is a difference between Rangers and Paladins losing some disablers and Barbarians becoming commoners at the flick of a switch. I know that is a rather sore subject for some people but it really isn't comparable.

>>The design is to have you be roughly as effective at circle as you are now.

I'm not sure people quite understand where 150+ Barbarians are right now.

150+ Barbarians have literally mastered/capped/perfected the usage of our abilities. To grandfather us ranks but leave a 500+ rank gap for improvement is not gonna allow us to be as effective as we are now, unless the improvement is virtually unnoticable. And that would be bad scaling to me. Or, more ranks would make us overpowered and we all know that isn't happening.

These are some pretty big changes for everyone. I don't think it's realistic for us to expect to function as good as we do now. However, the more ranks we are grandfathered the closer we are to capping our ability usage, which is what some has done ages ago. Doesn't really matter to us that there is no real way to determine how many ranks each character would have; we still want to come out of it as close as possible to what we are now in terms of performance. That is something a 50th, 100th, or even 120th Barbarian might not fully understand.

Anyway, my main concern was indeed the fact that Inner Fire was not functioning well at all, and I'm glad to hear it is better. I'll have to re-test it all again (something I'll definitely enjoy doing), and thanks for lending an ear Kodius. People can go back and forth on the numbers forever but as long as we are effective then everything else will come with time.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/28/2012 08:08 PM CDT
>To grandfather us ranks but leave a 500+ rank gap for improvement is not gonna allow us to be as effective as we are now

Doesn't that depend entirely on how the system is set up and what those ranks do, along with how the rewritten forms function and interlock with IF?

I guess my question is: why is it not possible that at 300-400-500 ranks of IF, you're going to be just as good as you are now, and at 1000+ ranks, you'll simply be better.

Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/28/2012 08:35 PM CDT
Are all the new boosts percentage based? And do they have a hard rank cap AND a hard percentage cap?

For example, let's just say the boost hard rank cap is 100 ranks. And the hard % cap is 15%. Therefore someone with 300 ranks would get a boost of 45 ranks (they hit the 15% cap), meanwhile someone with 600 ranks would get 90 ranks, and someone with 700 ranks would get 100 ranks (capped), 800 ranks you still get 100 Ranks boost, but you also can do ability Y at the same time?

Is this how the new abilities work in general? (except with different numbers?)

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/28/2012 09:22 PM CDT
Some bonuses are static #s, and some are %s. Generally speaking you'll cap the bonuses quicker, and the durations slower.

If you look at a form, there are two skill contests for Inner Fire skill. You have the passive regen reduction, which is an easier contest. Then you have the IF pulse cost reduction that is a much harder contest. The pulse cost isn't quite as big a deal, so it doesn't penalize you as much for doing poorly at it. However, reducing it still benefits you when dancing multiple forms at once...

For the Augmentation challenge you have one challenge for the potency (strength of the buff). It is an easier contest than the one for the duration. This allows us to front-load the benefit, and works identical to the spell system for the most part.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/28/2012 10:36 PM CDT
Krooner JD is right there have been a lot of complaints platsde RE: 3.0, you won't hear about them here for various reasons. I'm not trying to start a problem, just saying. It also worries me that in the "test" instance there isn't a 150+ barb that I know of.

Gonif, the characters you listed don't run a spectrum, I'm sorry but a circle 50 barbs opinions are worthless to me. A 50th circle barb is as similar to my character as a 50th circle war Mage.

- Buuwl
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/28/2012 10:55 PM CDT
Just had a post but my phone screwed it up. I'll get to it eventually but a maxed out Barb in terms of ability usage (generally around when they hit 150th) right now will not be that way in
the new system.

Look at what a capped Barb can do with Dragon dance right now (use it indefinitely without killing). There would be something very wrong with the new system if a Barb could come close to achieving maxed out duration with only 300 or 400 ranks, when effectiveness scales up to 1000 ranks. You can't simply get better after maxing out or hitting the cap, and unfortunately Barbs that have done that years ago won't even be close to that in 3.0.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/29/2012 07:17 AM CDT
<<There would be something very wrong with the new system if a Barb could come close to achieving maxed out duration with only 300 or 400 ranks, when effectiveness scales up to 1000 ranks. You can't simply get better after maxing out or hitting the cap, and unfortunately Barbs that have done that years ago won't even be close to that in 3.0.>>

Exactly, it simply doesn't make sense. Now lets add in the fact that to get from 400 to even 900 ranks in a tert skill your talking about what? 2 years?

- Buuwl
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/29/2012 09:01 AM CDT
At 995 ranks of app, a full day of hunting(15-16 hours) will get me about .7 ranks. Terts move fairly well now, which is why I didn't like the initial proposal. This one is a bit more fair, but I do feel the numbers are a little low still.
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/29/2012 10:31 AM CDT
<<At 995 ranks of app, a full day of hunting(15-16 hours) will get me about .7 ranks. Terts move fairly well now, which is why I didn't like the initial proposal. This one is a bit more fair, but I do feel the numbers are a little low still. >>

So to get from around 400 ranks to 900 ranks it will take you about 1-2 years, which is exactly what I said, and that sucks, not to mention 15-16 hours is not feasible for most.

- Buuwl
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/30/2012 12:14 AM CDT
I don't think the relatively low granfathering numbers will have any detrimental effects. Keep in mind that in 3.0 durations are increasing drastically, and capping an ability now and in barbarian 3.0 are very different concepts.

2.0: dances have a fixed boost to offensive factor based on skill level, duration increases based on stats up to ~22 minutes
3.0: many forms have a fixed boost to skill level much like current dances, duration increases with skills up to almost an hour

In 3.0 you can actually cap (to use dances/forms as an example) two different things, whereas in 2.0 duration was the only factor you could influence, with stat choices. I imagine the goal is to give you the boost times and strengths you're used to seeing now with your grandfathered ranks and then letting you drastically increase duration with more skill.

In other words, quality of life isn't falling with the relatively meager grandfathered ranks, it's actually improving in multiple ways: duration, ability to stack buffs as you see fit, reduction of ridiculous berserk restrictions, etc.

Some of the nerfs we have coming (passive BMR dying, no more dragon dance hax giving a 300% increase to... everything) are coming regardless of how grandfathering is decided and more free ranks of augmentation will not change that.
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 10/30/2012 02:58 AM CDT
>>In other words, quality of life isn't falling with the relatively meager grandfathered ranks, it's actually improving in multiple ways: duration, ability to stack buffs as you see fit, reduction of ridiculous berserk restrictions, etc.

Switching Barbarians from an ancient system to a new one has nothing to do with the 'complaints' in this thread. Everything you listed is a result of this dramatic and much-needed change and has nothing to do with top-level maxed out Barbarians wanting to transition to a similar state in 3.0.

Even if not similar, you can't blame us for wanting to get as close as we can. Obviously that will ultimately be decided by the GMs.

Also, Dragon dance's potency is within global caps right now. I imagine the 300% comment was an exaggeration. The only problem is that it boosts so many things at once (or at least that was a problem with Dartenian's philosophy, not sure if it still stands now).

-GM Abasha
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 10:38 AM CDT
>>Switching Barbarians from an ancient system to a new one has nothing to do with the 'complaints' in this thread. Everything you listed is a result of this dramatic and much-needed change and has nothing to do with top-level maxed out Barbarians wanting to transition to a similar state in 3.0.

I think we're both in agreement that grandfathering them only to circle minimums, even with a level cap raised to 200, seems low.

My entire point was that maxed out then and maxed out now comprise entirely different concepts, and it is unreasonable to expect you to be grandfathered to "maxed out" in 3.0 when there are multiple dimensions built to scale to 1000+ ranks. It's like turning a line into a cube, only when all the laws of physics are chaning at the same time.

>>Even if not similar, you can't blame us for wanting to get as close as we can. Obviously that will ultimately be decided by the GMs.

No one's blaming you, I also think they are low.

>>Also, Dragon dance's potency is within global caps right now. I imagine the 300% comment was an exaggeration. The only problem is that it boosts so many things at once (or at least that was a problem with Dartenian's philosophy, not sure if it still stands now).

Dragon's magic resistance boost is actually pretty close to that, from my estimates.

Also, "global caps" doesn't mean much in relation to dances. I have found that the term usually falls under two dichotomies: the first kind, most often used by GMs, to indicate skill-boosting or stat-boosting caps universally applied to any buff across all guilds or items, which falls in the 90-100 rank range. The second term, most often used by players, simply means that the GMs are aware of the present strength of the boosts and have no tangible plans to decrease their strength at the present time. Dances and high-level predictions are the most notorious members of this second class of "global caps," though khri have their moments in the sun too.
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 11:46 AM CDT
>>My entire point was that maxed out then and maxed out now comprise entirely different concepts, and it is unreasonable to expect you to be grandfathered to "maxed out" in 3.0 when there are multiple dimensions built to scale to 1000+ ranks. It's like turning a line into a cube, only when all the laws of physics are chaning at the same time.<<

It's not entirely unreasonable. Mages could theoretically be grandfathered enough to cap out the new spells(not saying it would happen). Not trying to start anything GVG here, but barbs didn't get a skill to train. I can without a doubt state that if I had the supernatural skills all along, they would be at least as high as my appraisal if not higher simply because I could always keep them going after a certain point.
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 12:22 PM CDT
>>My entire point was that maxed out then and maxed out now comprise entirely different concepts, and it is unreasonable to expect you to be grandfathered to "maxed out" in 3.0 when there are multiple dimensions built to scale to 1000+ ranks. It's like turning a line into a cube, only when all the laws of physics are chaning at the same time.

Right, I agree with this. I logged into test and we were no longer grandfathered bare minimums which made me 10x happier on the whole subject. I don't mind putting in work to get back up there. I just didn't want to be set back to a skill level that an 80th Barb would likely achieve in no time. Of course I'd like more (greedy and selfish), but I think anyone arguing in this thread will be much happier with their Inner Magic and Augmentation skills when the system is released. ;)

>>Dragon's magic resistance boost is actually pretty close to that, from my estimates.

I thought you mentioned that it gave a 300% boost to... everything. Guess not. :P

BMR is so crazy I find it impossible to test, because there's too many varying levels of it. But, I wouldn't be surprised if it did give that kind of boost, or even did more than that. BMR however has long been deemed an insanely OP beast at higher levels (I would say the most OP system in the game) so I've sort of not included it in discussions on Dragon. I do get the feeling if a Barb with 100 in defenses was magically given the BMR of Pendus he could dodge someone with 800 TM.

>>Also, "global caps" doesn't mean much in relation to dances. I have found that the term usually falls under two dichotomies: the first kind, most often used by GMs, to indicate skill-boosting or stat-boosting caps universally applied to any buff across all guilds or items, which falls in the 90-100 rank range. The second term, most often used by players, simply means that the GMs are aware of the present strength of the boosts and have no tangible plans to decrease their strength at the present time. Dances and high-level predictions are the most notorious members of this second class of "global caps," though khri have their moments in the sun too.

There has been some disputing on what 'global caps' mean. Remember, it also applies to percentage boosts as well.

In the current system, GM Zeyurn said that Dragon dance falls within global caps (this was years ago). GM Dartenian also confirmed it much later on but said that the only problem Dragon has is that it boosts too many different skills. That is an implication that the stat/percentage boosts does fall within acceptance of the current system. At the same time it has been shown that 400-500+ rank boosts from combining a lot of different boosts (such as what Rangers can do with their bonus) is not accepted in the current system, but they will wait until 3.0 to address it.

In the new system it's all changing which is a good thing. I don't think percentage boosts will receive as much love/favoritism as they do now.

-GM Abasha
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 12:31 PM CDT
>>It's not entirely unreasonable. Mages could theoretically be grandfathered enough to cap out the new spells(not saying it would happen). Not trying to start anything GVG here, but barbs didn't get a skill to train. I can without a doubt state that if I had the supernatural skills all along, they would be at least as high as my appraisal if not higher simply because I could always keep them going after a certain point.

I am a barbarian primary, and I totally see your point and would love to be grandfathered even more ranks, but objectively we should realize that you're basically asking to be grandfathered enough so that it doesn't suck to be magic tertiary. And moving our forms to ranked skills in the "magic" skillset is rather the whole point, I believe.

My appraisal and mech are both right up there with my weapons, and I'm sure I am not the only one, so with dedication high tertiary ranks are of course achievable. But you're asking for something like 1000-1200 ranks in a tertiary skill to truly "max out" some of those abilities, if they will scale to the same level as spells.
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 12:50 PM CDT
>>I thought you mentioned that it gave a 300% boost to... everything. Guess not. :P

Okay, I admit it, I was using hyperbole. Take me in sheriff, I done got caught :D
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 01:44 PM CDT
>>but objectively we should realize that you're basically asking to be grandfathered enough so that it doesn't suck to be magic tertiary.

>>But you're asking for something like 1000-1200 ranks in a tertiary skill to truly "max out" some of those abilities, if they will scale to the same level as spells.

Some of us have 1000-1200 in tert skills. Saying that if we had our supernatural skill all along and we would have similar ranks in that as other tert skills seems appropriate. Not targetting their decision of grandfathering that seems set in stone pretty much, but targetting your failed argument. :/

You're saying being tert should suck twice. (using your terms)

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 02:53 PM CDT
Training them to that level would have reduced your training time for other skills along the way, should the conversion shave off a % of the other terts to make it more accurate to what would have happened if the skills had really been available?

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 03:50 PM CDT
>>Training them to that level would have reduced your training time for other skills along the way, should the conversion shave off a % of the other terts to make it more accurate to what would have happened if the skills had really been available?

You are completely wrong. Without a doubt, most barbs would have more inner fire skill than any of their other terts. I know I would. I have terts that are over 1000 ranks. My Inner Fire would be higher than those easily, and those skills would still be just as high. The skills are going to be trainable inside and out of combat.

I am fine with the grandfathering, sure it's unrealistic and low, but whatever everyone will get it back up and everyone is getting grandfathered with the same rules. But other players arguments against what the skill would of been are silly and lack any sort of logic.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 04:29 PM CDT
>>You are completely wrong.

You realize it's a set of skills that you can't train concurrently without investing time in actually training them... time you can't do other things?

Player of Ryken
---

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 04:34 PM CDT
I don't think warding, etc... fall into lore.

Player of Ryken
---

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 04:35 PM CDT
>You realize it's a set of skills that you can't train concurrently without investing time in actually training them... time you can't do other things?

What other tert skills would a Barbarian be training out of combat?
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 04:38 PM CDT
What are some skills you can't train much out of combat? Some of the skills like debilitation.

Player of Ryken
---

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 04:38 PM CDT

Are you even a barb?

Any barb would know that a dance currently takes 5 seconds to start then runs till it wears out

Dances are done during combat, mostly

Why would you have to stop to train it?

That's like saying a magic user has to stop combat to train tm
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 04:39 PM CDT
Okay then, I was not aware barb dances taught without contests or anything in 3.0 -- I'm not sure that's true though.

Player of Ryken
---

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 05:26 PM CDT
You might want to read up on what the Augmentation skill does for every guild. The inner fire skill as well since that's essentially a Barb's version of PM. These skills can be trained without virtually any limitations, in and out of combat for every guild. Vocals even have limitations and I got to 700 in just a few years. These would've been much much much easier.

-GM Abasha
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 05:40 PM CDT
Inner fire would make some sense, but most of what I've seen in Plat is that learning augmentation means not learning others since no ability teaches all of them and they use a resource like mana/if to power them. I could be missing something but the idea that anyone would have them all training all the time seems a bit unlikely.

It's also a gigantic difference in total TDPs dropping out of the air.

Player of Ryken
---

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Inner Fire Boost/Storage 11/01/2012 05:51 PM CDT
I'm not so sure you understand what limitations are in regards to training skills? With vocals, there are certain actions you cannot perform. You should be able to reasonably train both Inner Fire and Augmentation. Sure, at early ranks it may be a bit difficult but as you are able to stack more forms, berserks, and meditations it'll be easy.

If you are arguing debilitation then you have a point, since that can only be trained in combat. People are arguing that they'd have 1000 ranks in skills that have no limiting factors and that's a fair argument. Never once has Augmentation learning stalled learning of other skills for me. Not sure why you're saying it would.

-GM Abasha