Ferocious
Merciless
Malevolent
Combatant
Overlord

-Bishop

"Strength and Honor"
Re: titles 05/11/2006 08:29 AM CDT
Haven't read any other posts on this so some of my ideas might be overlapping.

Vengeance
Neck Breaker
Plague Bringer
Barbarian King
Dragon Slayer
Barbarian Lord
Chieftain <--- I WANT THIS BACK PLZ :(
Kamikaze

- Galren "Better than You" Moonskin
Re: titles 05/11/2006 10:48 AM CDT
I forgot to add: Eviscerator

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." -H. Simpson
Re: titles 05/11/2006 10:56 AM CDT
How 'bout Cannibal?

mmmmm halflings.

Caraamon Majerye,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: titles 05/11/2006 11:04 AM CDT
I like calamity and reaper.

Dretch
Inflictor
Misery
Harrower
Ruination (might want to save it for the Necromancers)
Desolation

mfberg
Re: titles 05/11/2006 11:36 AM CDT
How about barbarian titles based on offhand weapon skill, any thoughts?

I have a whole lot of other titles that I'm working on, none for offhand yet.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: titles 05/11/2006 11:42 AM CDT
Duel Wielder
Southpaw
Left Handed warrior/savage/chieftan/grunt/etc
Double Swinger
Double Tosser
Blade Savage
Ambidextrous (sp?) Warrior/Beast/Grunt/chieftan/etc

-BishopRuettiger

"Strength and Honor"
Re: titles 05/11/2006 12:08 PM CDT
I like Southpaw a lot, what about simply Lefty?

I had a friend we called Lefty a long time ago. He was a great guy, great sense of humor.. missing his left arm.

Yeah.. I'm a bad bad man.
Re: Mage, I mean Barbarian titles. 05/11/2006 01:00 PM CDT
Arcane Warlord? Arcane Slayer? Well that pretty much ruins those titles completely. I understand the mages taking Arcane Wraith and Arcane Skulker etc, the general req ones. But they directly stole some of the best barb only titles. How did that possibly fly by QC/Solomon with an okay? I mean it's an ongoing joke to some of us how magerealms DR is, but this last one is really pretty funny. Straight stealing the barb titles and adding Arcane? Nice.
Re: titles 05/11/2006 01:09 PM CDT
How about for everyone that isn't a barbarian has the "Wheat" or "Chaff" title under generic to go along with the barbarians getting Reaper.

I am --- Navak
Re: titles 05/11/2006 03:17 PM CDT
Switchhitter

Caraamon Majerye,
Re: titles 05/11/2006 03:29 PM CDT
I know!

We can steal all the other guild's titles and just put Barbaric in front of them all.

You see Barbaric Storm Maiden Caraamon, a male Gor'Tog Barbarian

Caraamon Majerye,
Re: titles 05/11/2006 04:44 PM CDT
>How about barbarian titles based on offhand weapon skill, any thoughts?

Double Dragon!

more lefty titles:
Right Minded
Cant find a desk I can comfortably write on
My teachers tried to force me to use my right hand
I elbow righties at the lunch table
Handy
Switch-hitter
Gauche
Twice Handed

Question on titles 05/11/2006 06:41 PM CDT
Okay, I know shield doesn't count as highest armor when circling, my quesiton, does it count for highest armor for titles?

Just curious, as my shield is 20 lessons higher than any other armor skill.
Re: Question on titles 05/11/2006 07:02 PM CDT
On titles, it generally refers to highest worn armor not highest armor skill.

Shield can be used as a primary armor to circle though I thought.

I am --- Navak
Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 10:30 AM CDT
Yes, I have a problem with the yoinked titles. I've been looking up to a lot of those barbarian-only titles for a long time with the starry-eyed belief that someday I'd get to use them. That pretty much just walked over a lot of hopes. I'd be perfectly willing to help brainstorm some replacement titles for warrior mages. This time, I do mind sharing.
-Phii
www.phiiskeep.homestead.com
Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 11:59 AM CDT
The problem I have is that nearly all of the titles with "arcane" in front of it is a terribly vague descriptor and can be used with any title available. If WM's used Arcane magic I could almost agree but they do not, even the "elemental" titles are extremely vague. Any guild could use the term "arcane" in a title because the defintion is 1)Known or understood by only a few 2)requiring secret or mysterious knowledge. As far as I know, only Thieves really have secret knowledge.

Our titles should give us distinction from other guilds, not blend into a uniform blandness like our weapon choices. These new titles are nothing more than adding 'War'mage to a few of our unique titles in an attempt to take something that was rightfully ours in the first place and whats worse is that they have succeeded. If this release sets a precedence for further releases, then we can expect other guilds to start tacking on their own 'guildism' to another guilds title such as Singing Warlord, Holy Warlord, Lunar Warlord, Shadow Warlord, Divine Warlord, Empathic Warlord, Survival Warlord, etc.

For a system that started out so colorful, titles are becoming a washed out shade of grey.

Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 12:21 PM CDT
Grrrr. Arcane Warlord.. Conqueror, Bully, Slayer? Does tacking on Arcane before it even make any sense?
Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 01:21 PM CDT
I think in a spirit of one-upmanship, all Barbarian titles should have one of the following or any comination thereof tacked onto the front: Ultra, Mega, or Hyper. That way, anyone else could take their titles and slap whatever they want onto the front of them, but it would be obvious that Barbarians are still the best.

Ultra Hyper Mega Warlord Fuquois

Milgrym asks, "How does 666 coins strike you?"
Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 01:46 PM CDT
Additionally, I would like to resuggest a title for Barbarians I put up quite a while ago.

CRY BABY
Knowledge of any Battle Cry
or
Take a survey about WM titles:
if score is right, you get the title.

-Fuquois-

Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 01:53 PM CDT
Thank goodness I don't have a battle cry.

But I AM a crybaby.
Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 02:00 PM CDT
<<Additionally, I would like to resuggest a title for Barbarians I put up quite a while ago.

CRY BABY
Knowledge of any Battle Cry
or
Take a survey about WM titles:
if score is right, you get the title.

Arcane Cry Baby is just around that corner.
-Phii
www.phiiskeep.homestead.com
Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 02:02 PM CDT
>Arcane Cry Baby is just around that corner

Hahaha.. nice. I knew there was something I liked about you other than the sprite costume.

-Fuquois-

Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 03:14 PM CDT
<<Hahaha.. nice. I knew there was something I liked about you other than the sprite costume.

Just

Plain

Creepy

Trebber

It is intended to be a game, and while it never made sense for me to be able to bounce across the rainbow road or whatever it was called when I played Candyland, it never stopped me from doing it and enjoying the game.
Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 03:52 PM CDT
>>Just

Plain

Creepy<<

I'm glad I'm not the only one who kinda shuddered.

-Wighten
Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 04:00 PM CDT
It's okay, he played a warmie in prime so you knew he was no good anyway.

I am --- Navak
Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 05:24 PM CDT
Okay, I'll state why it bugs me. Because it implies the only difference between barbarians and war mages is warmies have magic.

Grrrr.

Caraamon Majerye,
Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 05:26 PM CDT
My complaint is that Arcane Bully doesn't even make sense. A bully that dabbles in the Arcane Secret Knowledge? The ONLY reason the title exists is because barbs have it.
Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 05:33 PM CDT
>My complaint is that Arcane Bully doesn't even make sense.

You've obviously not met some of the war mages I've met.

Warlord and Conquerer, while awesome titles, admittedly do not strike me as necessarily war mage-appropriate. What about suggestions for replacements of similar destructive magnitude? In the titles that have gotten changed, they've been replaced with titles with similar connotations.

-Durnil
Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 05:49 PM CDT
>Constructive input is always good (and helpful for me), so please do post what titles cause you the most concern and why (if you are up to the why bit).

You mean other than being really tacky?
To give a real life example, it would be the same as if Homecoming Queen Rayje (the pretty and popular girl) goes to the Homecoming Dance with a date and takes along Fuquois (Rayje's ugly, unpopular friend) who are both wearing the exact same dress except Fuquoi's ugly butt has a fudge stain on her chest. Now Fuquoi chose this dress knowing full well that Queen Rayje had already bought and paid for the exact same dress in a pitiful attempt to leech off the lavish attention given to Queen Rayje and will likely end the way it always ends for the ugly friends of a Queen... passed out in the back of a pickup, semi-comatose and still licking the long gone remains of Hagen-Daaz ice cream, as her tongue slowly scrapes against the carton lid. Poor Fuquoi, she had a good personality too.
Lastly, since Fuquoi is not Queen of the Dance, she should be the one forced to change her dress...

Ok, so its kinda the same as going to an ex-friend's wedding and wearing a birght white dress and to show up the bride.

The dresses should make it perfectly clear.

>I'm just going to clarify that we are taking steps to address the title issue. Statements to the contrary are incorrect.

Thank you for looking after us, Iayn.

Ooh, better analogy. Insert the word "Toasted" in place of the word "Arcane" in the titles. They still sound crappy, but there is a reason:
Now that Subway Sandwiches, maker of Jared's sandwiches, give you the choice of a regular sandwich or a toasted sandwich and claims this option doubles the size of their menu, but you know damn well that their turkey sandwiches, made fresh and ready to eat, are the same damn turkey sandwiches whether you toast them or not. Say "no" to false advertising and "Toasted" Warlords.

For a system that started out so colorful, titles are becoming a washed out shade of grey.
Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 05:54 PM CDT
>What about suggestions for replacements of similar destructive magnitude? In the titles that have gotten changed, they've been replaced with titles with similar connotations.

For mages: Warmaybe or Conquered should work

You would think that with all their magic, they could magically think of their own titles.

Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 05:58 PM CDT
The title Arcane Bully should be solely reserved for Ragran

Strangeguard Prayermaster
Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 06:09 PM CDT
I think you misunderstand. A War Mage can be a bully, sure. If they wanted to open up Bully to all guilds... that would be something. The adjective Arcane makes NO sense in that context. Contrary to popular belief, Arcane != War Mage. I mean, if they want Arcane titles that have to do with Blackfire, or the like... that's one thing, but there's nothing Arcane about being a bully.

-Wighten
Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 07:11 PM CDT
Yeah I think Wight nailed it...they're just throwing the word Arcane around as much as they throw around DarkShadowNight and MenacingDeathlordUberkiller titles. One person thinks that the word Arcane "sounds cool" without bothering to look up what it means and decides to throw it into 3 dozen titles that don't make any sense.

-Teeklin

This post (including the signature) is in no way meant to offend anyone nor is it an attempt to troll or be "cute". Hopefully my opinions do not conflict with yours in any way.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Re: Warmage titles... 05/12/2006 11:32 PM CDT
From a WM's perspective, for what it's worth.

I could care less, take them or leave them. If some of the titles upset people, then I see no reason why a consensus can be reached. These titles were released to increase the enjoyment of people. Sure, you can't please everyone, but if you can please a majority of the people, then why not?

The WMs will be pleased because of the new titles, and the other guilds will be pleased because some perceived stealing of titles can be changed. Such an accomodation benefits the majority.

Trebber

It is intended to be a game, and while it never made sense for me to be able to bounce across the rainbow road or whatever it was called when I played Candyland, it never stopped me from doing it and enjoying the game.
Re: Warmage titles... 05/13/2006 02:14 AM CDT
I'm not a barb or warmie, but I can see arguements both way. On the other hand, I can see a few titles being able to go more ways then two. Bully would be a good example for everyguild. (The req should be having thumped 5 people, lol.) While, I think some titles could be a little overlapped (I'd love to see a Nature/Forest Wizard title), I dont think it should be done how it was handled with the warmie guild. It really looks like they took existing titles and just slapped Arcane in front of it. Now if it was 1 or 2 titles, it might not have made a huge difference, but it seems like there was a lot of titles that had that happen. I think Wythor said he has 44 more titles that he is going to try to get approved really soon. This tells me that they arent hurting for title ideas, and probably shouldnt be trying to take other guilds' titles. Someone already stated this, and I agree completely, "Titles are a way to set apart the guilds as well as the players." Taking another guild's title and adding a word to it is a lot like everyone driving the same car with a different color, which doesnt really make anything special. I think people need to be driving different cars with different colors.

Falker
Re: Warmage titles... 05/13/2006 08:04 AM CDT
What I told Iayn, I now tell you. I have an issue when it comes to stealing our titles that were ours before SBT. Any title after SBT I see no problem with sharing, given reason. A friend added on to my comment and said make them have higher reqs for getting a shared Barb title.

Gladiator Maulem~
[Lystid] Do you know the two most important words a married man knows?
>think Itwasn'tme, IsweartoKuniyo?

Come join the werewolf legions!
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=12199
Re: Warmage titles... 05/13/2006 08:33 AM CDT
>What I told Iayn, I now tell you. I have an issue when it comes to stealing our titles that were ours before SBT. Any title after SBT I see no problem with sharing, given reason

Think how the Thieves feel.

>A friend added on to my comment and said make them have higher reqs for getting a shared Barb title.

As a War Mage, I'd have no problem with this.

-Fuquois-

Re: Warmage titles... 05/13/2006 04:19 PM CDT
I'm not arguing one way or the other, I don't care either way... just directed at ye that keep saying Arcane isn't Warrior Mage domain.

Since day one when ever any warrior mage prepared any spell they see this...

pre es 4

You trace an arcane sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Ethereal Shield spell.

Arcane does equal warrior mage elemental magic.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Warmage titles... 05/13/2006 11:48 PM CDT
>>You trace an arcane sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Ethereal Shield spell.
>>Arcane does equal warrior mage elemental magic.
>>~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-

Sorry, gonna have to disagree with ya, my friend. That no more makes arcane your domain than having green skin makes green Gor'Tog domain. Its a discriptor, adjective, etc. that happens to be on your spell preps. Depending on how the origional warmie coder wanted you could have ended up with "mind-bending" or "painful-looking" or any number of others, and you wouldn't own (so to speak) those either.

However, I still graciously will deign to allow you to make my that axe. :p

Caraamon Majerye,
Prev_page Previous 1 3