1 2 4 Next Next_page
Re: Dread Titles sugggestion 01/02/2009 06:16 PM CST
>>Dred Scot was a freed slave.

Dred Scott... and yes, I know. That's why I added the bit about persecution and indignity or whatever terms I used were. Not sure whether you were trying to correct me or just add a bit more to the general historical trivia. Either way, just to be clear, no offense was intended in my previous post.

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Idon Raider - www.idonraiders.com
"Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?" - Walt Whitman
Re: Dread Titles sugggestion 01/03/2009 11:25 AM CST
I don't think it fits because I don't see Barbarians as indigified or persecuted. If that makes sense? Don't mean to tread on toes here. Just explaining why it didn't quite fit. Of course if you mean you do that to others...perhaps a different coinage? That particular title isn't in genre since there are no Scots or Scotts in the game, that I know of.

Just my two kronars.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Dread Titles sugggestion 01/03/2009 11:29 AM CST
haha. I see what happened now.

Sorry, the first part of that post was intended as a joke, not a serious suggestion. I suppose I should have made that a bit more clear. :)

Sorry for the confusion.

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Idon Raider - www.idonraiders.com
"Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?" - Walt Whitman
Re: Dread Titles sugggestion 01/03/2009 02:49 PM CST
<<That particular title isn't in genre since there are no Scots or Scotts in the game, that I know of>>

perhaps so, but there are kilts, and tartan items. On ratha.
Re: Dread Titles sugggestion 01/04/2009 11:20 AM CST
There are a lot of items in DR that make no sense (i.e. kimonos and saris for one), but I don't think we need titles that refer to that ooc-ness.

Of course if you used something more racial it would probably end up in the racial folders.

Like Skulksadabru which means 'Fear the Dwarf' in Haakish, if I have the syntax right (there is no Haakish word for dread).

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Dread Titles sugggestion 01/07/2009 06:19 PM CST
I was being facetious.
WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/11/2009 10:40 AM CDT
51 ranks- Death's Disciple, Death's Student

101 ranks- Death's Usher

~Mammoth Rider Maulem Akavame, Death Dealer in training
Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/11/2009 12:08 PM CDT
>>Yeah, this would be nice. I'm not going to worry about Death Dealer till I at least have Dragon Dance, but it would be really neat if there were stepping stones on the way to Death Dealer. I'd only be a few ranks of staff sling shy of the first one, would get that right away.<<

I would suggest anyone thinking of going for this title to stop, it is way too hard and long to get it...
...read I want it to myself :)

>>weapon master titles for 50 and 100

These would be nice and I requested them quite some time ago as well.

Aurdurn, I know you're extremely busy but after the actual selection of appropriate titles, wouldn't this be a pretty simple and quick add on? ALOT of people want this...

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/11/2009 12:28 PM CDT
I'll try to fit something in where I can.

~GM Aurdun
Barbarians' Guild Advocate
Gor'Tog Co-Champion
History Guru

"Don't use logic on scientists. That's just mean." ~ GM Zeyurn
Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/11/2009 01:21 PM CDT
>>I'll try to fit something in where I can.

Nice, thanks Aurdun!

So does anyone want to offer up possible titles?

50:
100:
150: Death Dealer
200: Death's Messenger
250: Weapon Master
300: Master Of Death! :)

Going along the same lines as dealer and messenger, there could be:

Death's Agent
Death Bearer
Death Dispatcher
Death's Prophet
Death's Precursor
Death's Hand
Death's Voice
Death's Breath
Hand of Death
Breath of Death
Voice of Death
Death Whisperer
Death Bringer
Officer of Death
Death Director
Death Overseer
Death Foreman
Death Taskmaster
Death's Pupil
Death Follower
Death's Adviser

Maulem's
Death's Student
Death's Disciple
Death Usher

I would like to add that weapon master titles could open multiple titles per feat. For example getting 100 in all weapons could open up 3 titles etc.

Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/11/2009 01:50 PM CDT
While I love those title suggestions for a weaponmaster.

And I hate to be off topic, but can Paladins get the "White Knight" title and Barbarians get the "Dark Knight" title?

We all know which one survived in the end of the movie, too. :P

- Simon
Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/11/2009 07:29 PM CDT
If you want to see a neat little vein start to pulse in Aurdun's forehead just mention brawling heels with gouging damage and Femme Nikita type titles. No love for the skirt wearing barb chicks, I'm telling ya.

On weapon master type titles the first ones that actually come to my mind are Insanely Disciplined and Fanatically Patient. I am sort of skilled at backtraining due to constantly changing my mind on weapon and armor choices but I can't bring myself to actually start training all the weapon classes so yah I think anyone that does it deserves a title for it as low as 50 ranks as well.

Thank you for being willing to look at more titles and add it to your ever growing list, Aurdun. You know we love you.

===
There are those that invest large amounts of time into bragging about what they do. Then there are those that use that time to do more.
Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/12/2009 09:36 AM CDT
Codi,

1) Nice title suggestion list.

2) Good to see you back. Hope all came out ok with your boy.

Aurdun,

Thanks for the consideration. I know your current "honey-do" list is longer than Simon's back hair.

~Mammoth Rider Maulem Akavame, Death Dealer in training
Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/12/2009 09:54 AM CDT
>>2) Good to see you back. Hope all came out ok with your boy.

Thanks Maulem, Things are going as well as can...His bone marrow transplant is scheduled for the 22nd. I actually play a decent amount from the hospital room now. (I live there...probably for atleast another 2 months) But since I get pulled away alot I haven't really done many of the funner things in DR...I almost was going to make the trip to Crossing for pit night last night but I didn't.

Anyways, my foraging and swimming are soaring!

Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/12/2009 10:06 AM CDT
Here's hoping for the Baby Barb, Codiax!

Anyway, I've got a feeling you'll have a reason to love swimming soon. Imagine never shelling out for ferries again unless you want to!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/12/2009 10:38 AM CDT
<<unless you want to!>>

That part was a joke, right? ;)

Maulem exclaims, "Stop shootin da wimmins!"

Gene Police! You, outta the pool!
Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/12/2009 10:40 AM CDT
>>That part was a joke, right? ;)

Nope. At the last Estate-holders meeting, the GMs told us they were working on a Swimmable Segoltha.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/12/2009 10:47 AM CDT
I meant the part about wanting to. No one wants to take the ferries.

Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/12/2009 10:54 AM CDT
I actually want to take the ferries. I think the ease of travel in the game has gotten well beyond nonsensical. But.. that's just me. ;) (And way off topic.)

GM Jaedren
Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/12/2009 10:57 AM CDT
::chuckles:: I understand the swim will be difficult- and sometimes, after all, there are your traveling friends to consider.

But yeah, the difficulty part at least can be overcome.

Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/12/2009 11:06 AM CDT
<<I think the ease of travel in the game has gotten well beyond nonsensical.>>

How so?

And to make sure this is on topic also, how about a title for those that have certain ranks in climbing, swimming and certain rank in weapons:

Wandering Warrior, Nomadic Hordesman

- Simon
Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/12/2009 11:06 AM CDT
Oops! Sorry, Jaedren!

Back to the titles-

Death's Apprentice?

Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/12/2009 11:19 AM CDT
No one wants to take the ferries.

unfortunately, some folks <traders> have to at times.... can't convince the caravans to cross the ropes at rossmans. :-)
Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/12/2009 12:33 PM CDT
<<can't convince the caravans to cross the ropes at rossmans.>>

You trader-types should band together and fund a bridge then. Preferrably one WITHOUT RT.

Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/12/2009 04:13 PM CDT
>I actually want to take the ferries. I think the ease of travel in the game has gotten well beyond nonsensical. But.. that's just me. ;) (And way off topic.)

Have you been to Muspar'i?
Re: WeaponMaster Titles, low end 04/12/2009 10:49 PM CDT
I dunno, I enjoy the downtime of traveling on barges and ferries. It gives me a moment to reflect on the titles I'd like to have.

===
There are those that invest large amounts of time into bragging about what they do. Then there are those that use that time to do more.
Forging Titles... 12/29/2009 03:44 PM CST
It would be nice to see more titles associated with Weapon Forging... or just Forging in General.

Forge Guru,
Forge Master,
Forge Expert,
Forge Apprentice,
Bladesmith,
Bluntsmith,
Axesmith,
Weaponsmith,
Blacksmith,
Blade Crafter,
Grinder,
Smelter,

...etc.

Just a couple for fun.
Re: Forging Titles... 12/29/2009 04:05 PM CST
Me Likee!

Re: Forging Titles... 12/29/2009 04:11 PM CST
Yeah, and some kind of advanced requirements would be fun... such as forging factor... (Forge Apprentice vs. Forge Master.. etc).
Re: Forging Titles... 12/29/2009 04:11 PM CST
And here I was debating power-circling, so I could over-train my agility higher than everything else to get the "Forger" title in the Criminal category.

-Master Ndin
Re: Forging Titles... 12/29/2009 04:57 PM CST
Agreed. It would be cool if this was based off of the forging counter kind of like astrology titles for moon mages.
1 2 4 Next Next_page