Title System 07/24/2006 10:33 AM CDT
Y'know, I may be missing something but I frankly don't see folk using the title system nowadays as anything other than a means to mislead the new and/or the ignorant.

Not that I was ever a fan of titles to begin with - I mean, let's face it; if you need a title to indicate to me how I should be responding to you, then perhaps a game what doesn't involve quite so much roleplay might be better for you, ya?

But with the new system, now it just seems like I see the same phenomenon, over and over - the 50 - 80 circle character walking around with an 'Initiate' title on. Get real.
Re: Title System 07/24/2006 01:42 PM CDT
>>Y'know, I may be missing something but I frankly don't see folk using the title system nowadays as anything other than a means to mislead the new and/or the ignorant.

Indeed, I think you are missing something.

>>Not that I was ever a fan of titles to begin with - I mean, let's face it; if you need a title to indicate to me how I should be responding to you, then perhaps a game what doesn't involve quite so much roleplay might be better for you, ya?

Then why complain about it?

>>But with the new system, now it just seems like I see the same phenomenon, over and over - the 50 - 80 circle character walking around with an 'Initiate' title on. Get real.

The new system has absolutely nothing to do with it. People have always done that, and always will. 80th barbs ran around wearing Peon, WM's with Apprentice, etc. You'd like it better if a person could only choose their highest titles available? Or better yet, their circle were displayed in parenthesis before their title?

I'm wearing Harrier at the moment. I have no idea what the reqs are for it. It could be a low title for my circle, I have no idea. Not that it would matter.

If Gavyn was wearing Initiate or Apprentice Barbarian, it would make no difference to the way 90% of the population treats him. The remaining 10% would be made up of the "new and/or ignorant" people who might think they can pick on him. And well, everyone's gotta learn someway, sometime.

Titles are there so characters can present themselves any way they want based on their accomplishments. If I wanted to feign an Apprentice Barbarian, a florist, or a professor, that's my business.

p.s. Iayn, any word on when the new title reqs are being posted? Now I'm really curious what Harrier is.

-Gavyn

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."
Re: Title System 07/24/2006 07:42 PM CDT
<<p.s. Iayn, any word on when the new title reqs are being posted? Now I'm really curious what Harrier is.

I put a list together and its in the formatting stage which is on someone else's plate, so its underway but I can't say exactly when.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: Title System 07/24/2006 11:01 PM CDT
>But with the new system, now it just seems like I see the same phenomenon, over and over - the 50 - 80 circle character walking around with an 'Initiate' title on. Get real.

Yeah, there are few who tend to exploit the ignorant, but usually you can find them pickpocketing in rock trolls. Like Gavyn said, it was the exact same situation with the older title system. Also, some Barbarians actually like some the of the lower titles, hence the reason I still wear the "Savage" title.

Even if we didnt have a title system, there would still be 40th+ circle characters dressing like noobs to exploit the ignorant. Like any other community, in Dragon Realms you have to learn who the bigshots are and the lazy ones who have been socially promoted, like me.

This is my Weapon
This is my Sword.
This one is for frolicking,
And this one's for War!
Re: Title System 07/28/2006 03:54 PM CDT
Widowmaker is the coolest title ever.

I heart.

- Simon

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Frontpage.html

http://dr.bookofheroes.com/index.php
Re: Title System 08/02/2006 01:31 AM CDT
Anyone know roughly what is necessary for Widowmaker? And do we know when the title list/reqs are coming out?

Rathyl
Re: Title System 08/02/2006 10:30 AM CDT
<<Anyone know roughly what is necessary for Widowmaker? And do we know when the title list/reqs are coming out?

Yes.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: Title System 08/02/2006 11:12 AM CDT
You punch your chain clad fist awkwardly at a Vague Iayn's chest, soundly thrashing it with a massive hit that slams the sternum into the heart with a sickening Crack!.
A Vague Iayn curses briefly before closing its eyes forever.
[You're incredibly balanced]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
search Iayn
You search the Vague Iayn.
It carried a shabby sack of Vagueness

A statistician is a person who draws a mathematically precise line from an unwarranted assumption to a foregone conclusion.
Re: Title System 08/02/2006 11:27 AM CDT
Hey, that was a direct answer to the questions posed.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: Title System 08/02/2006 12:56 PM CDT
Anyone ever play Sierra's The Realm? It had a "Baldric" system, where attaining a certain level unlocked various Baldrics. Well, much like with titles, players of 150th level would be wearing 10th level baldrics :P I always found it so very amusing. It was a hallmark of the game. A bunch of 1000th level players in a row with blue baldies! Who really cares? Just having variety makes life in game less bland :cackle:

I'd also like to point out that some titles are unselectable once you hit a certain skill/cricle. Perhaps in time the skill ones could be adjusted to act similarly.

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: Title System 08/02/2006 01:17 PM CDT
>Perhaps in time the skill ones could be adjusted to act similarly

There was a discussion in the Dragonrealms II category, Skill Based Titles topic about this. There was one side saying, "Ho, ho, ho. We are ever so droll for wearing novice titles while actually having several hundred ranks in the skill!" The other side was saying, "That's stupid, and moreover, it makes no sense." I don't think there was ever any definative resolution, nor any word from the Rednames.

-Fuquois-

The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.
Re: Title System 08/02/2006 03:22 PM CDT
That was kind of evil...but I really should've seen it coming.

Rathyl
Re: Title System 08/02/2006 07:41 PM CDT
You need to know Lash and have a good amount of charisma.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: Title System 08/02/2006 08:34 PM CDT
Over 32 charisma.

I am --- Navak
Re: Title System 08/04/2006 12:19 AM CDT
>>And do we know when the title list/reqs are coming out?

>>Yes.

You said we do. You do not us. ;)

So now we need to think of more titles for you to be vague about.

Brabs

Non Rangers practice a unique methode of locating people and places in cities......We ask directions - Mendasity
Title list 09/13/2006 10:34 PM CDT
Iayn they getting close to haveing the requirements for the new titles up on the page yet?

Killien

Re: Title list 09/14/2006 08:46 AM CDT
I don't know for sure, I'll check on it.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: Title list 09/14/2006 08:39 PM CDT
Maybe I'm crazy but why is it taking this long? Honestly, its kind of rediculous with the amount of time that has passed. No intention of tossing blame around, I've just been waiting for a long time.
Re: Title list 09/14/2006 08:45 PM CDT
My guess is the counter.

-Durnil
Re: Title list 09/14/2006 10:09 PM CDT
Ya not like it's a real important thing,probally one of the lowest things on the list there is.

Killien
Re: Title list 09/15/2006 12:37 PM CDT
Other things of considerably higher priority are being attended to.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Title Reqs 11/04/2006 06:18 PM CST
Iayn, have a heart. Trying to figure out these title requirements is making my head explode. And I need it for headbutting. Please post the Barb title reqs. Pretty please?
Title Reqs 12/13/2006 08:42 AM CST
All knowing and wise Guru winks you mind passing some knowledge to some of us unenlightened one. We would really love to know the title reqs, for some it mean the difference in spending 1800 points on custom titles.

We are all mere shadows and dust.

~Craetos~
Title Question 12/29/2006 12:13 PM CST
This isnt a suggestion, but I figured since it was title related (and not many non-barbs would be able to answer this), I figured I'd ask it here.

Can anyone give me a list of the WeaponMaster titles they know the req's for?
These are the ones I've heard, but Im also looking for any other titles in the WeaponMaster category. Blademaster, Bluntmaster, etc.

Death Dealer: 151 in all weapons
Death Messenger: 201 in all
Weapon Master: 251 in all

Also, can anyone else verify those as correct? Is there one at 100 in all weapons? Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Master Ndin
Re: Title Question 12/29/2006 01:12 PM CST
>>Death Dealer: 151 in all weapons
>>Death Messenger: 201 in all
>>Weapon Master: 251 in all

All of these are correct.

>>Is there one at 100 in all weapons? Any help is greatly appreciated.

There is not any title for all weapons at 100 or 101. You do, however, get the various other Master titles for 100 in all applicable weapons.

Blademaster: 100 in LE, ME, HE, 2HE
Bluntmaster: 100 in LB, MB, HB, 2HB
Staffmaster: 100 in SS, QS, Pikes, Halberds
Bowmaster: 100 in Short, Long, Comp bows. Unsure if xbows factor into this, I don't believe so.

I don't think there is a Slingmaster or Thrownmaster title.

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance.
-Aesop
Re: Title Question 12/29/2006 01:32 PM CST
Bow master is 100 in any two bows. I also don't know if crossbows count.

Range Master Dragamar, Recluse of Aesry Sulaenis'a
Brother Urio, Follower of Urrem'tier
Cadet Ltorilu, Up and Coming Paladin
Re: Title Question 12/29/2006 02:08 PM CST
>Blademaster: 100 in LE, ME, HE, 2HE
>Bluntmaster: 100 in LB, MB, HB, 2HB
>Staffmaster: 100 in SS, QS, Pikes, Halberds
>Bowmaster: 100 in Short, Long, Comp bows. Unsure if xbows factor into this, I don't believe so.

Is there anything farther up in those progressions, such as 200 in each, 250, 300, etc?

-Master Ndin
Re: Title Question 12/29/2006 02:35 PM CST
To correct my earlier post. It isn't bow master, it is Range Master. You'd think I'd know that by reading my signature.

Range Master Dragamar, Recluse of Aesry Sulaenis'a
Brother Urio, Follower of Urrem'tier
Cadet Ltorilu, Up and Coming Paladin
Re: Title Question 12/29/2006 02:50 PM CST
Heh, that was amusing. :)

- Simon

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/geek+gaming/-/pv_design_details/pg_14/id_14016668/opt_/fpt_/c_360/

"Do you have a World of Warcraft account?"
"No, I have a life!" (SP, episode 8, season 10)

"Heh" - Everyone
Re: Title Question 12/29/2006 02:53 PM CST
>>Is there anything farther up in those progressions, such as 200 in each, 250, 300, etc?

No. You receive the general titles (Blademaster, Bluntmaster) at 100-101 in each applicable skill. The next progressions (151, 201, 251) are in the form of titles that you only get when you have the required ranks in all weapon skills.

-Aesop
Re: Title Question 12/29/2006 04:51 PM CST
Range Master is 100 in any of the following 2: longbow, comp bow, short bow, LX or HX.

Are we sure about the 151 for death dealer? Not that that extra 1 in every weapon will be much different, but would make better sense at 150.

Gladiator Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Title Question 12/29/2006 04:53 PM CST
>>Are we sure about the 151 for death dealer? Not that that extra 1 in every weapon will be much different, but would make better sense at 150.

Yeah, I'm almost positive it's 151. Not sure why they chose that extra ranks, but I think it's true for every one of the titles.

-Aesop
Re: Title Question 12/29/2006 06:47 PM CST
Staffmaster = 100 ranks in QS and SS

The below are the master equivalent although they don't have a master title.

Slinger = 100 ranks of sling
Pikeman = 100 ranks in pikes
Halberdier = 100 ranks in halberd
Dartsman = 100 ranks in LT
Spearman = 100 ranks in HT

I am --- Navak
Re: Title Question 12/29/2006 06:55 PM CST
>>Slinger = 100 ranks of sling
Pikeman = 100 ranks in pikes
Halberdier = 100 ranks in halberd
Dartsman = 100 ranks in LT
Spearman = 100 ranks in HT

Yeah, those aren't under the 'WeaponMaster' category like he was asking though. Those are under Slings, Pole, Ranged, Weapons, etc.

-Aesop
Re: Title Question 12/30/2006 10:02 AM CST
I guess when I get to 150 in all, I'll see if it's 150 or 151 for sure. I'll post next december or so and let you all know how it goes.

Gladiator Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Non-primary Titles 02/15/2007 03:18 PM CST
I'm wondering if anyone has discovered the factors that affect getting secondary titles for dances and berserks? Judging by the way roar titles work (more charisma = secondary titles), I'm assuming more disc = more dance titles, and more physicals (maybe in relation to disc?) = more berserk titles. If anyone has any information, or locked down any specific reqs for secondary titles, I'd love to know.
Dread Titles sugggestion 12/31/2008 11:25 AM CST
Not sure where to put these except here:

Perhaps tie all the following into high multi-opponent plus high weapons around 100th to 150th level or even higher?

Dread Warrior
Dread Berserker
Dread Warlord
Dread Nightmare

Leaving it open for discussion.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Dread Titles sugggestion 01/02/2009 01:37 PM CST
Dread Pirate Roberts.
Re: Dread Titles sugggestion 01/02/2009 05:15 PM CST
Dread Lock... for those who like to work their box-popping skills.

Dread Scott... for those who have suffered grave persecution and indignity on the basis of their race.

Dread Scot... for those who wear kilts.

On a more serious note, if it were put to a vote I'd have to vote in the negative. I don't want to see the sort of thing that happened with WMs and all of their "Arcane <whatever>" titles to be repeated, on the basis of silliness above and beyond the call of duty.

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Idon Raider - www.idonraiders.com
"Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?" - Walt Whitman
Re: Dread Titles sugggestion 01/02/2009 06:04 PM CST
Dred Scot was a freed slave.

Here is the website:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dred_Scott

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen