Prev_page Previous 1
Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/01/2015 06:53 PM CST
This relates to a previous thread from last year, where I inquired why it is that Merchants were forcing people to keep the makers marks on altered items. It was stated by GM's that Merchants (alterers) are not allowed to remove a mark from an item, hinting at IC reasons for this. I have now been told by three separate people that a certain merchant at HE Fest has removed my mark from the items they had altered.

On one hand I do not mind this. I think that the marks should be allowed to be removed. However, this needs to be fair and consistent across the board. Individuals who have been forced to retain the mark, lose character space for their alterations. As such, I know numerous people who have had alterations that were made a bit more clunky because of it. Please, if the policy is that marks cannot be removed, then make sure all GMs handling alterations are trained in this respect.

I apologize in advance if my tone comes across as perturbed. I am bit annoyed with this because last year we were flatly told in that thread that marks were not supposed to be removed.

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/01/2015 07:34 PM CST
>> I have now been told by three separate people that a certain merchant at HE Fest has removed my mark from the items they had altered.

Was it an alterer explicitly saying he/she would, or an oversight?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/01/2015 11:01 PM CST
All GMs who alter are trained in this. It'll be looked into, but people do sometimes make mistakes. Other people also sometimes are mistaken in what they think they see happen and rumors spread. I can't say what the case is in this situation at this point.

If you become aware of a rules mistake of any kind being made in any alteration, the really best thing you can do is ASSIST and provide us with details, including what item, what alterer, and what PC whenever possible. Not having that makes it far more difficult to address and correct if need be.

-Persida
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/05/2015 02:58 AM CST

I personally would rather be given the option of having a makers mark kept when an alteration is done. I always ask to have anything crafted for me to be left unmarked but the crafters have often time made little mistakes and I have some rate material weapons that are marked.

I dislike advertising for one. Also the owner of the weapon should be the one with the final say aince they are the person who paid for the item and alterations often make an item some masterpiece or ancient relic and being forced to keep an advertisment kind of spoiles the effect.
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/05/2015 03:05 AM CST

So I would ask for this little bit of alteration rules to be given a more optional enforcement. Because when I do get my other weapons that have been marked even after I had requested against such things not be done.

I hate to have my marked senci weapons have to keep the little stamp on them. Its not like i can just have another set created cheaply.
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/05/2015 06:00 AM CST
>>alterations often make an item some ... ancient relic

This is actually not something allowed in alterations either. We can't and wouldn't want to stop anyone from making up whatever story they wanted to with their item, but the alteration process is literally that -- an IC merchant working with the character to change what an existing item looks like. Getting your item's appearance altered is an IC experience and does not change its IC origins, though many times you might be able to handwave that to an extent as long as nobody saw you getting the alteration done.

On both an IC and OOC level, alterers can't make your item be ancient, or really do any design that explicitly states how old the item is or what its origins are in its description, though. There is no way for a person to just look at an item and say how old it is, just what it currently looks like, so putting that information into an alteration breaks the portion of the alteration rules that state we do not make item descriptions impart knowledge beyond what someone could reasonably get just by looking at the item.

You can't tell even by looking really closely at my big green water pitcher that it was made in 1961 in the ceramics workshop behind a house in rural Georgia. You can tell that the glaze seems a little thin on one edge, that it's green and ceramic, and that there are initials on its bottom that were etched in but are kind of hard to read. When I look at your massive doomsword with seven-pointed star designs upon its pommel, I can't tell if it really is Imperial-age or if it just has really elaborate stars.

As for maker's marks themselves, we really do appreciate the feedback, and I can completely understand why people would want the option to have marks removed, but at this time this portion of the alteration policy stands and is not up for review

-Persida
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/05/2015 07:23 AM CST
>>an IC merchant working with the character to change what an existing item looks like.

I generally take this to heart with IC alterations, but where do OOC ones come into play?

Not expecting "I want this new dagger to be a 1,000 blade that stabbed Lanival in the butt once" but more "no, really, this is literally the dagger my pa gave me to protect myself when I first got to Riverhaven."

I also know this is a bit pedantic and it's not like people call other people out on this stuff unless it's pants on head silly. Just curious about the nuances between "Persida altered this" and "Artisan Bob, who Persida runs, altered this"

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/05/2015 08:35 AM CST

Well what happened to the acid bath idea that would allow a craft person to remove their own maker marks?
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/05/2015 09:14 AM CST
>Not expecting "I want this new dagger to be a 1,000 blade that stabbed Lanival in the butt once" but more "no, really, this is literally the dagger my pa gave me to protect myself when I first got to Riverhaven."

I'm more of this, and I feel that while literally in game that is what is happening some alterer, literally in real life a merchant couldn't do the types of alterations we typically want. I think as said above some hand waving happens, so what extent.

>I also know this is a bit pedantic and it's not like people call other people out on this stuff unless it's pants on head silly. Just curious about the nuances between "Persida altered this" and "Artisan Bob, who Persida runs, altered this"

As your saying, people aren't calling out. Most of us want the lore want deeper backgrounds, MORE quality then quantity of some number that goes up...

I say this not with respect to the number of alterations that actually happen, because we all like that number high. But the quality, and the description, and what it represents is important to oh so many of this.

This is also a point, where I want to throw out a thank you to all the alterations that have been done. Because they do make this game better, so to the players who come up with the idea, the other players who may help them make the idea more whole. And the GMs who make them reality in the game:

Thanks!

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/05/2015 09:56 AM CST
It might be prudent to update Elantipedia with some clarification on items with a maker's mark being altered. On two separate pages:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Alteration#Maker.27s_Marks

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Maker's_mark

It clearly indicates: "If a mark is placed on a piece of equipment, it must be found in some form in the final alteration, even only in the READ. This is true even if the marker is present to waive the restriction."

However, when I asked about having the mark on my shield moved exclusively to the READ to free up character space in the LOOK, I was told by an assistant that the mark must be somewhere in the LOOK.

- Anuind Lyndon

When naming your holy weapon consider the following: Everyone has a Holy Avenger or a Divine Vengeance. Why not go with something your foes will never accept the shame of being smote by, such as "The Fuzzy Kitten"
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/05/2015 04:37 PM CST
>>Teveshszat: Not expecting "I want this new dagger to be a 1,000 blade that stabbed Lanival in the butt once" but more "no, really, this is literally the dagger my pa gave me to protect myself when I first got to Riverhaven."

That is still "knowledge beyond what someone could reasonably get just by looking at the item."

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/05/2015 05:41 PM CST
The way to do this properly is instead of talking about how the dagger "looks old", talk about how it's tarnished, dulled in places, has many scratches and the occasional nick, and has a hilt that appears to have been repaired at some point but is slightly loose again.

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/05/2015 06:51 PM CST
>>That is still "knowledge beyond what someone could reasonably get just by looking at the item."

Only if it's said in the tap/look.

I'm talking about the item literally being a new item altered into something that might look old-ish as opposed to literally being that older item.

In other words, "Hero Bob's tattered blanket" was never actually "a plush fuzzy cotton towel" that was altered by GM X.

>>The way to do this properly is instead of talking about how the dagger "looks old", talk about how it's tarnished, dulled in places, has many scratches and the occasional nick, and has a hilt that appears to have been repaired at some point but is slightly loose again.

Just to reiterate: not the point of what I'm asking.

My point was completely if a GM altering something via OOC means meant the item was ICly changed from its original state or not.

In other words, Alterer Jim turning your glaes katar into something is literally Jim doing that. Meanwhile, if you won a contest and Naohhi/Persida/Armifer/etc comes down to alter something, does that necessarily have to follow the same IC expectations of the item being altered being ICly transformed into something else, or could it have always "been" whatever it was turned into.

Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/05/2015 10:11 PM CST
>However, when I asked about having the mark on my shield moved exclusively to the READ to free up character space in the LOOK, I was told by an assistant that the mark must be somewhere in the LOOK.<

Yeah this bugs me too. Why not change alterations to have a tag at the end that says something like:

>Look Tev's Lanival butt-stabbing dagger
Some description befitting a lanival butt-stabber. You also notice a mark.

>inspect mark
Here you see the mark description.

This would free-up space for the alteration 'look' itself.

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/05/2015 10:35 PM CST
>>This would free-up space for the alteration 'look' itself.

I think when items have tags and marks and etc that give that info in a more out of the way place, it takes up an extra item-count spot, if that matters any.

Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/06/2015 05:39 AM CST
>>Maker's marks in the READ instead of the LOOK?

Our ability to fiddle with the text of a maker's mark during alterations is limited in that we must ensure that it is still obviously a maker's mark and still obviously the mark of the actual maker. Moving the mark to the READ is not allowable for a few reasons, but one of these is that it makes it less obviously a maker's mark since the LOOK is where the mark goes when a crafter stamps the item they have made.

Confusion on this is likely a holdover from when we first started allowing alterations to tweak maker's marks at all, but I can say with certainty that LOOK-only placement for maker's marks is the current standard to which GMs are held.

>>Elanthipedia said (thing) was okay for an alteration, but the alteration helper said differently.

Elanthipedia is updated mostly by players, and at times there may be some inconsistencies or mistakes that pop up there. Our contributing players are amazing and, for the most part, entries there are equally amazingly accurate, but nobody is perfect.

Same goes for alteration helpers! If you find a conflict between what you think is okay because of a source you can point to and what the helper is telling you, just ask the alterer when you get to see them. Always still take the helper's input into account and I'd also strongly suggest that you work up a version based off of it so that if the alterer says no you have that version at the ready. There is no harm at all in asking, though, especially if there is a point of possible confusion involved.

>>IC vs OOC alterations: Is it 'objectively' ICly still treated as existing item A being changed to look differently if the alteration was done by an OOC entity, like a GM's normal GM persona via emails or something instead of an actual alterer character.

Remember when I said handwaving before? Obviously if there is no IC entity involved in the changing of how something looks, nobody IG would or could be the wiser as to what that item was or where it came from since there is literally no 'objective' IC explanation for it. The alteration process has no influence on what you decide ICly to say about where your item came from or how it came to look like it does. Or well, let me rephrase that -- anyone can say anything about their item and its origins.

If you've been seen by a room full of people working with Kulivas and come back out with an item like looks like X, chances are at least some of them won't believe that item X was given to you in that exact condition by your great-great whoever no matter what you say in game about it. If nobody ICly sees anything, not even an actual IC alterer who could theoretically wander by and recognize their own work? Well, the distinction largely becomes moot. That still doesn't mean anyone will necessarily believe you if you say that Lanival gave it to you, though ;)

None of that has anything to do with actual alteration rule content, just to clarify. That is all RP information. No alteration rules would change no matter if you work with the alterer ICly, or a GM alters something OOCly. This is also a tangent that doesn't really fit in this forums category or thread topic much at all, so if anyone has more questions in this vein, please make a spin off thread in a more appropriate area and I'll follow up over there!

>>Well what happened to the acid bath idea that would allow a craft person to remove their own maker marks?

While there has been interest expressed by staff in something like this as well, it hasn't yet made it to the stage of things where I could comment on it. Since I don't work on crafting systems, anything not ready for release for one of them isn't something I'd feel comfortable talking about in a speculative sense. I defer to Kodius on this one :)

>>Maker's marks as tags?

At this time, no, nothing like that would be done. TEVESHSZAT is correct that if we ever did do something like that, it would almost assuredly make the tag-marked items count as two items in a person's inventory, vaults, etc. I can't see it having the function you're asking for without that coming into play due to how various systems (and the parser) work.

-Persida
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/06/2015 06:08 AM CST
>>Elanthipedia is updated mostly by players, and at times there may be some inconsistencies or mistakes that pop up there. Our contributing players are amazing and, for the most part, entries there are equally amazingly accurate, but nobody is perfect.

Precisely why I pointed out the mistake, indicating it being prudent to update with the correct information, in aid of a contributing player fixing the inconsistency. I don't go near an editing page on Elanthipedia as I have slightly less savvy with that sort of thing than a trained cave monkey of the Indus that's been strategically shaved and put in a pair of trousers.

- Anuind Lyndon

When naming your holy weapon consider the following: Everyone has a Holy Avenger or a Divine Vengeance. Why not go with something your foes will never accept the shame of being smote by, such as "The Fuzzy Kitten"
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/06/2015 07:04 AM CST
For most pages, a cave monkey even without training could easily edit them. For example, let's say you wanted to edit the alteration page's section on maker's marks. You can go to that area of the page and click edit on just that section. http://imgur.com/UKMFmSi
It opens up to edit just that little bit. If you're familiar with any sort of text document editor, it's about the same. http://imgur.com/esjn27G

Now, the more complex things like our templates, tables and anything of that nature? Sure, I understand why you'd want to shy away from that, fair enough. We've gone out of our way to make pages easy to edit for users with no wiki knowledge, and even have forms with a nice graphic interface that people can put data into. Nobody should use their lack of technical skills as an excuse. It's 2015, and we're managing to browse these intuitive and easy to navigate forums.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/06/2015 09:14 AM CST
What I find amazing about this entire conversation is that at one time, players wanted the makers mark on their items to prove the crafter. It was like being able to say you commissioned the greatest blade ever because it was made by <xyz>. This gave it a little cred if you ever wanted to sell it or hand it down to someone.

~Faih
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/06/2015 09:29 AM CST
>>What I find amazing about this entire conversation is that at one time, players wanted the makers mark on their items to prove the crafter. It was like being able to say you commissioned the greatest blade ever because it was made by <xyz>. This gave it a little cred if you ever wanted to sell it or hand it down to someone.

This was when knowing how to abuse bugs in the forging system made better weapons than having skill. There is no one crafter that can make a broadsword better than any other crafter with the appropriate skill now.
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/06/2015 09:53 AM CST
Actually, that wasn't the reason for most people I knew. It was RP'd prestige.

~Faih
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/06/2015 10:20 AM CST
Regardless of what they meant in the past, now a maker's mark just eats up valuable alteration real estate. I wish they'd show up in Analyze rather than Examine. (Or be automatically obliterated during any alteration.)

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/06/2015 10:51 AM CST
>>We've gone out of our way to make pages easy to edit for users with no wiki knowledge, and even have forms with a nice graphic interface that people can put data into.

I think it's brilliant that dedicated players and Game Masters have an easy means to update, fix, edit, and contribute to the wiki. You all do a spectacular job with the myriad of information you collect and document, and it's a fantastic resource for anyone playing the game. However, I don't share that level of interest or dedication with contributing. I'll happily pass along data that other sponsors can use, therefore I posted with the explicit intention of alerting those people who are interested in keeping the information as accurate as possible that there was an inconsistency they might want to fix regarding altering items with a maker's mark.

>>Regardless of what they meant in the past, now a maker's mark just eats up valuable alteration real estate. I wish they'd show up in Analyze rather than Examine. (Or be automatically obliterated during any alteration.)

That is truly a big problem with having something stamped with a maker's mark. Unfortunately I expect this problem will be exacerbated if Kodius releases Advanced/Custom maker's marks before adding a way to remove them with the acid bath or tincture that was suggested.

- Anuind Lyndon

Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/06/2015 12:13 PM CST
>However, I don't share that level of interest or dedication with contributing

It's quite literally 2 clicks. If you can play DR you are smart and literate enough to edit the wiki. Click. Type. Save.
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/06/2015 12:51 PM CST
No matter how easy, some of us don't care.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/06/2015 12:55 PM CST
It's 2015, and we're managing to browse these intuitive and easy to navigate forums.

I see what you did there....
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/06/2015 12:57 PM CST
>If you can play DR you are smart and literate enough to edit the wiki. Click. Type. Save.

And if you are able to put up with the easy and intuitive navigation of these forums, you should be able to contribute to Elanthipedia in your sleep.

Your search-fu is pig dung!
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux 11/06/2015 06:07 PM CST
>>Bennettj13: No matter how easy, some of us don't care.

That's fine, but if you "don't care" enough to edit the wiki, then don't complain about the content.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux ::Thread Over:: 11/06/2015 10:01 PM CST

The off-topic portion of this discussion (Anything to do with editing elanthipedia!) is done.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux ::Thread Over:: 11/07/2015 01:27 AM CST
>>...but at this time this portion of the alteration policy stands and is not up for review

I hope your policy on that policy can be put up for review.

Seriously though, I hate maker's marks. Get off my pretty weapon.

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux ::Thread Over:: 11/07/2015 01:43 AM CST

If you want it off your pretty weapon.. you could always take the time to level up the skill to make it yourself and then you can feel free to leave off the mark. It is the beauty of this game ;)
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux ::Thread Over:: 11/07/2015 06:24 AM CST
>If you want it off your pretty weapon.. you could always take the time to level up the skill to make it yourself and then you can feel free to leave off the mark. It is the beauty of this game ;)

It's not quite practical to 'just level up' 1000 ranks of forging.

It's also not particularly practical to tell someone to 'just make it again' out of Senci, Damite, or Tyrium, unless you have a stock sitting around you'd like to share.
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux ::Thread Over:: 11/07/2015 02:50 PM CST
Plenty of all of those materials still available in game.

And no one said it would be easy. Hence why makers marks should be valued. Those people put the time into being able to make the weapon. If they hadnt you wouldnt have it to begin with.

To be really blunt anyone that can make a highend weapon should put their name on it. Historically smiths would mark their items. In real life even garbage goods from china get marked.

Part of the history of an item should be its maker. So incorporate it into the design.
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux ::Thread Over:: 11/07/2015 03:37 PM CST
>And no one said it would be easy. Hence why makers marks should be valued. Those people put the time into being able to make the weapon. If they hadnt you wouldnt have it to begin with.<

This.

I won't even make a weapon or armor without my mark on it anymore. One time I didn't notice someone ask me to not mark an item and marked it. Because I want my customers to get what they wanted, I ended up paying over 1k in materials so I could remake the item for them, unmarked. So yeah, if you don't want my mark, go somewhere else.

--Just a Squire

Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux ::Thread Over:: 11/07/2015 03:40 PM CST
>Plenty of all of those materials still available in game.

Go get me some then. Just snap your fingers, it's easy right? I mean, Senci is only going for, what, 10k per boulder now?

>And no one said it would be easy.

Neither is building an escalator to the moon. Practical, on the other hand...

>To be really blunt anyone that can make a highend weapon should put their name on it.

Cool story bro.

>Historically smiths would mark their items

Because in real life physical location and access to different ores, as well as individual smithing techniques, would produce supperior blades. There's a reason we use 'toledo' and 'damascus' to describe metals, and not, say, Akron.

In DR, everyone performs the same at the same ranks given the same tools (etc.) and we have hard coded objective analytic tools to determine quality, composition, etc. So marks aren't needed.

>In real life even garbage goods from china get marked.

They get marked with 'made in china' pursuant to import/export standards. If they get 'stamped' beyond that it's because they're for ridiculous weaboos who think Katanaz can cutz tanks.

>Part of the history of an item should be its maker.

For you. For me, I don't care. You have an opinion. That's great! I'm proud of you! But it doesn't make it concrete fact, regardless of what invalid 'real world' comparisons you want to drag in (didn't we just have a pointless thread about DR's place in Real Life time frames?).
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux ::Thread Over:: 11/07/2015 04:26 PM CST
>>Go get me some then. Just snap your fingers, it's easy right? I mean, Senci is only going for, what, 10k per boulder now?

I have senci if you would like to buy some. :)

>>Neither is building an escalator to the moon. Practical, on the other hand...

It is very practical in DR to gain skills. It really doesn't even take that long. You are exaggerating because it isn't something you wish to do. That isn't the crafter's problem.

>>blah blah blah cool story bro garbage

access to different ores... applies to DR. smithing techniques.. applies to DR. superior blades with more skills.. applies to DR. etc etc etc etc.

While part of it is import/export standards, Products get marked because companies and crafters want people to know who makes an item so that they can get more business. It really isn't that hard to understand. And it also applies to DR.

Your entire argument boils down to... You are too lazy to become a good smith yourself, yet you want to complain about what those that have invested the time into crafting do with the weapons/items they create.

>>For you. For me, I don't care.

And this is where I just don't have any sympathy for you. Train the skills or get used to having your products marked. People like you, and your QQ over a very IC thing, are why the policy should never change and the time should never be wasted to implement any way to remove maker's marks.
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux ::Thread Over:: 11/07/2015 05:05 PM CST
>> It really doesn't even take that long.

:allears:

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux ::Thread Over:: 11/07/2015 05:08 PM CST
I want people to get marked every time I cast a spell on them. I worked hard for those ranks!

Any time I see a post compare Real Life to DragonRealms I seriously wonder about the sanity of our playerbase.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux ::Thread Over:: 11/07/2015 05:30 PM CST

>> It really doesn't even take that long.

.... what? DR takes forever to level up compared to other games, especially if we're talking about a tert skill. That's point. I'm fine with it, but let's not claim it's something it's not.
Re: Alterations and Maker's Marks: Redux ::Thread Over:: 11/07/2015 05:32 PM CST
>>I want people to get marked every time I cast a spell on them. I worked hard for those ranks!

apples and oranges.

>>Any time I see a post compare Real Life to DragonRealms I seriously wonder about the sanity of our playerbase.

Seeing as Kodius works hard to make crafting as realistic as possible... and countless GMs since the game was on GEnie have posted comparisons to RL to justify systems and/or explain why xyz works... any time I see a post questioning/mocking someone comparing RL to DR... I just think they are sadly uninformed and pity them.
Prev_page Previous 1