Prev_page Previous 1
Potential Cleric Issues 12/17/2012 10:52 PM CST
Couple potential issues. Whether or not it's intended, you decide! And yes, I'm done sugar coating -- What happened just a moment ago seems very powerful to me so I just want to sense check it with the powers that be, and with you the players.

1) Harm Horde hits an engaged opponent multiple times per cast. i.e. Liu cast it while I was engaged to him at melee, and when he cast it it hit me once, and then once again when it expanded out to pole range.

2) It seems Hydra Hex/Malediction can be used to curse another player, and Harm Horde can then be used on that player as if he/she were an undead/Necromancer. This has -devastating- effects. Two logs below!
* The first log is with Liurilias(857 TM) casting at me(1050ish defense). The second is with Evro(611 TM) casting at me.

Liurilias Casting

Liurilias says, "Hrm."
>
You feel the cursed pall wane away, renewing the vigor to your body.
A feeling of shock washes through your veins like ice water as a swarm of shadowy tendrils coalesce around you, intertwining into a constricting cage.
>
Liurilias says, "That's weird."
>
Liurilias bows his head and chants a mantra.
You're able to decipher telltale signs of the Harm Horde spell.
>
Liurilias begins to focus intently around himself.
>
Liurilias gestures.
A whirlwind of pearlescent silver-grey mist rises up around him.
>
The whirlwind of pearlescent silver-grey mist pulses hard before expanding in size, lashing out at everything within reach!
>
A feeling of shock washes through your veins like ice water as a swarm of shadowy tendrils coalesce around you, intertwining into a constricting cage.
>
The whirlwind of pearlescent silver-grey mist becomes more violent, expanding outward from Liurilias.
You are unaffected.
>
The whirlwind of pearlescent silver-grey mist becomes more violent, expanding outward from Liurilias.
A misty silver tendril slams into your left leg.

The whirlwind dissipates as quickly as it formed.
!>
Liurilias says, "Still hit."
!>
!>
!>
Evro says to Liurilias, "Well if you can't hit him.....I won't."
!>
!> 'Hmm
You say, "Hmm."
!>
Liurilias says, "Got a leg hit."
!>
Liurilias gestures.
!>
The whirlwind of pearlescent silver-grey mist pulses hard before expanding in size, lashing out at everything within reach!
!>
A misty grey tendril slams into your left arm.
!>
!>
!>
A misty silver tendril lances through your left arm.
Your cambrinth orb falls to the ground.

!>
!> health

Your body feels in bad shape.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have a severely swollen and shattered left arm which appears completely useless compounded by an ugly stump for a left arm, a severely swollen and deeply bruised left leg compounded by deep slashes across the left leg, an ugly stump for a left hand.

Bleeding
Area Rate

left arm severe
left leg light
inside l. arm severe
inside l. leg light

!> 'Interesting
You say, "Interesting."
!>
Liurilias gestures.
!>
!> shea

You sheathe the mirror blade in your wood sheath.
!>
You are unaffected.
!>
A misty grey tendril lances through your back.
The rhythmic thrum flowing through your body lingers with a fading warmth like the last rays of the setting sun.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 247 minutes.

DEAD>
DEAD>
DEAD>
Evro says, "Ok so we mostly know that cursing someone makes them suseptible to HH."
DEAD>
Liurilias says, "Yeah so.."
DEAD> healme

You are healthy now! Get back to work!
You feel the weakness imparted by your recent death slowly fade away.

> stand
You are already standing.
>
>
Liurilias says, "I don't think that should be possible."
>
The deadening murk around Liurilias subsides.
>
Liurilias says, "At least, not like that."
>
Evro asks, "You gonna complain?"
>
Liurilias says, "Not a complaint."
>
Liurilias says, "Just seems unintended."
>
>
Liurilias says, "Then again, it could be intended."
> 'How much TM Liu?
Liurilias shrugs.
>
You ask, "How much TM Liu?"
>
Evro says, "No argument there....but I won't point it out either."
>
Liurilias says, "857."
> chuck
You chuckle.
> 'Yeah
You say, "Yeah."
>
Liurilias says, "But HH bypasses Shield."
> 'Do you have buffs?
You ask, "Do you have buffs?"
>
Liurilias asks, "For TM?"
> 'Ohh
You say, "Ohh."
> 'Yeah
You say, "Yeah."
> 'Buffs for TM
You say, "Buffs for TM."
>
Liurilias says, "Just the commune vs Undead/Cursed."
> nod
You nod.
>
Evro says, "I got CJ's for TM."
>
Liurilias says, "THough I don't recall if they said it was for damage or like a "spell bonus" aka put more mana in."
>
Liurilias says, "I think I do too."
>
Liurilias says, "Somewere."
> 'Well, you just three shot someone with 1050 ranks of defenses by that little combo of yours.
You say, "Well, you just three shot someone with 1050 ranks of defenses by that little combo of yours."
>
Liurilias says, "Or I did."
> chuck
You chuckle.
>
Liurilias says, "It was more than three hits."
> 'Do it again?
You ask, "Do it again?"
> 'I counted three from full health
You say, "I counted three from full health."
>
Liurilias says, "Leg, arm, arm, back."
>
You're able to decipher telltale signs of the Hydra Hex spell.
>
Liurilias assesses his combat situation.
>
Evro says, "But I think 2 hits were on one cast."
>
Liurilias nods.
>
Liurilias gestures.
Swirls of malefic darkness gather in loose proximity to Liurilias's body, dangling like dead ivy in the air.
>
>
Liurilias says, "I also was cursing your defenses."
>
>
>
Evro says, "Cast 1."
>
Liurilias says, "CJs don't work in 3.0."
>
Liurilias gestures.
>
>
>
>
>
A misty silver tendril strikes your head.
!>
A misty silver tendril strikes your left leg.

!>
Liurilias exclaims, "Headshot!"
!>
Liurilias says, "And left leg."
!>
Liurilias gestures.
!>
!>
!>
!>
A misty grey tendril lances through your head.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 247 minutes.

DEAD> 'Oh, so one cast is a multi shot
Liurilias says, "Headshot."
DEAD>
You say, "Oh, so one cast is a multi shot."
DEAD>

DEAD>
Evro says, "3 hits 2 spells."
DEAD> healme

You are healthy now! Get back to work!
You feel the weakness imparted by your recent death slowly fade away.

>
The deadening murk around Liurilias subsides.
>
Liurilias says, "Head, leg, head."
>
Evro says, "Shouldn't hit twice though...."
>
Liurilias asks, "Did you change stances that time?"
>
You feel the fearlessness endowed by Redeemer's Pride ebb away.
>
Liurilias says, "It's wonky."
> 'You would probably be better at wording that on the forums than I would Liu. Care to post?
You ask, "You would probably be better at wording that on the forums than I would Liu. Care to post?"
> 'Nope
You say, "Nope."
>
Evro nods.
>
Liurilias says, "I think Ricinus already knows about the double tap."
> 'Same stances
You say, "Same stances."
>
Liurilias says, "Strange indeed."
>
Liurilias asks, "Confidence lessened?"
> per

>
You reach out with your senses and hear flaring streams (18/21) of harmonious Elemental mana coursing through the area.
You sense the Will of Winter spell upon you, which will last for about nine roisaen.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>
Evro says, "Should hit once at every range....melee, pole, missle."
>
Liurilias says, "I don't think it's suppose to re-hit the same target, regardless of range pulses."
> 'Yeah
You say, "Yeah."
>
Evro says, "Unless they retrear."
>
Evro says, "Unless they retrea."
>
Evro mutters to himself.
>
Evro says, "Unless they retreat."
>
Liurilias says, "Even then, I don't think it's suppose to re-acquire the same target."
>
Evro says, "Well it is an Aoe."
>
Liurilias says, "Still weird."
>
Liurilias says, "But at least that part they already know about."
>
Liurilias says, "This oddity with Male is something else."
>
Evro says, "If one gets hit at melee and retreats to pole or missle I can see it....but not twice at melee."
>
Liurilias nods.
>
Liurilias says, "Very odd indeed."

Evro Casting

Evro gestures.
>
>
The last of the Water leaks away with your frosty breath leaving you fragile and vulnerable.
>
>
The whirlwind of pearlescent silver-grey mist becomes more violent, expanding outward from Evro.
A misty silver tendril grazes your left leg.
>
The whirlwind of pearlescent silver-grey mist becomes more violent, expanding outward from Evro.
A misty silver tendril grazes your right leg.

>
Evro says, "Hit at melee and pole."
> '90%
Liurilias says, "Well, at least it doesn't make you appear cursed/undead to all our spells."
>
You say, "90%."
> 'How much TM Evro?
You ask, "How much TM Evro?"
>
>
Liurilias asks, "Did one hit?"
>
You hear the faint clanging of the meal bell.
> 'Both hit
Evro says, "Left leg at melee and right leg at pole."
>
You say, "Both hit."
>
Liurilias says, "I'm not seeing hit messages from it."
> 'Took me down to 90%
You say, "Took me down to 90%."
>
Evro says, "611 TM."
> grin
You grin.
>
>
Liurilias says, "Using a defense malediction fwiw."
> 'How much does that debuff me?
You ask, "How much does that debuff me?"
>
Liurilias says, "Assuming a % reduction."
>
Evro says, "Still shouldn't be able to hit him."
>
>
Liurilias says, "But I'm not sure how much it's taking off."

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/17/2012 10:58 PM CST
That is vera wierd. I never heard the GMs mention that particular functionality.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/17/2012 11:04 PM CST
I'm not sure what to say on that.

I mean the synergy is kind of cool. You almost never see any synergy between spells anymore.

And I guess cursed is cursed is cursed.

I suppose we'll have to wait for a GM to weigh in on it.
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 12:34 AM CST
Heh, not intentional, and if I fixed the right bug it really had nothing to do with Malediction being present. I thought I already fixed the range thing, but maybe I just never moved that fix over. Either way, both these issues should be fixed now.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 06:54 AM CST
Also, is Vigil a stat contest spell? Had a couple of younger Clerics throwing it up on me, and it was syphoning my spirit and giving it to them. Obviously this was very undesirable as I was in a fight with another Cleric :P

~ Leilond
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 06:55 AM CST
Also, thanks for the quick look at this!

~ Leilond
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 09:04 AM CST
Vigil in the past worked by transferring spirit from one with higher spirit to one with lower spirit. Whether the one with higher spirit was the casting cleric or target of the spell didn't matter. So this either sounds like a bug or the mechanics of either spirit or the spell changed. Oone possibility is there's something different with spirit pools now, i.e. even though your spirit percentage was lower, your over-all spirit points were higher since Leilond is so beast.

I'd say it warrants a look and test.

Nikpack
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 09:16 AM CST
>>Vigil in the past worked by transferring spirit from one with higher spirit to one with lower spirit. Whether the one with higher spirit was the casting cleric or target of the spell didn't matter.

Even still -- If a Cleric is at 15% Spirit and I have 100%, I don't want that cleric casting at me to leach my spirit over to them, especially since you can now die from a spirit attack. Should be a contested spell IMO, shouldn't just get to leach spirit for free automatically.

~ Leilond
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 02:19 PM CST
<<Even still -- If a Cleric is at 15% Spirit and I have 100%, I don't want that cleric casting at me to leach my spirit over to them, especially since you can now die from a spirit attack. Should be a contested spell IMO, shouldn't just get to leach spirit for free automatically.

You don't want it or it's game breaking? I don't want Phii to get to melee on any of my characters and slash, but that's not a bug.

It should not be a contested spell. It's designed as a buff. If there's a problem with the mechanic, that's a bug.

I agree, it needs more testing to see if vigil can be used as an offensive weapon. Don't forget, even though it saps spirit from one to another, both target and caster are regenerating spirit as well.

Nikpack
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 02:25 PM CST
Any detrimental affect which can be put on a character should have a skill/stat contest of some sort associated with it. That's basic game design 101.

Or should we go back to the times of olde when Nissa's Binding was a helpful spell?

A Cleric syphoning my Spirit is not, by any stretch of the word, a buff.

By that logic, if you have more vitality than me and I have an instant ability that lets me drain your vitality to restore my own, that would be a buff too by your definition. Right? Or perhaps if I have 5% mana and you have 100% I can just drain your mana in order to restore my own with no skill/stat contest. All fair and makes sense?

~ Leilond
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 02:31 PM CST
It should be an ACCEPT/DENY spell. I believe there is an Empath 3.0 spell that does this (Im not sure which it was a while back that I updated their lists) where the caster casts and if the target accepts it then the link it made. If they deny or dont respond it is treated as an attack contest. I very much agree with Leilond on this one. With Spirit combat becoming a real thing now as opposed to the wonkyness it had in 2.0, anything that drains spirit should be considered a possible attack. Otherwise all you need to do is siphon off the majority of the persons spirit with vigil then hit them with one of the actual spirit attacks to seal the deal.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 02:46 PM CST
>>Otherwise all you need to do is siphon off the majority of the persons spirit with vigil then hit them with one of the actual spirit attacks to seal the deal.

"Otherwise all you need to do is ask them to stand around patiently for five minutes while Vigil sucks their spirit to low enough and then hit them with an actual spirit attack to seal the deal!"

I don't disagree that there should be a confirm/deny function if it could be used to the possible detriment of someone, but that's more oversight than intentional consequence, as the Soul Attrition spell is offensive by design and has the function you're describing. Killing someone with Vigil would require you to intentionally drain your spirit health to low, low degrees, which isn't necessarily the smartest thing against Bards, who can also attack spirit health.
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 02:47 PM CST
>>It should be an ACCEPT/DENY spell. I believe there is an Empath 3.0 spell that does this

IIRC, RS for moon mages does this.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 02:57 PM CST
In the example I cited, there were like 3 lower level Clerics in the room all siphoning my spirit energy away while I was fighting someone else. It was not fun, especially considering they failed all of the other real debilitation spells they cast at me.

~ Leilond
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 02:57 PM CST
>>Killing someone with Vigil would require you to intentionally drain your spirit health to low, low degrees, which isn't necessarily the smartest thing

No certainly not but it does remain an open possibility that is a little too much of an issue. Im sure its simply an oops didnt think of that sorta deal that theyll fix. I was simply weighing in that this should certainly be an allow or deny spell. Id hate for it to be a contest all the time since then you cant help younger clerics since theyd never break through but on the converse we dont want the aforementioned issues either.

>>IIRC, RS for moon mages does this.

This is one of the few MM spells I dont have experience using. Novel concept that is way too restrictive IMO, but thats not for these boards. I know they need to accept but I was under the impression you couldnt forcibly pull them anymore like in current 2.0 version RS.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 03:10 PM CST
The drain from Vigil links is not significant enough( a few % at most -- typically small enough that you'll regen it naturally assuming a single link before the next pulse even comes) to be detrimental to you. If you are somehow low enough to be in danger (or not really even that low), Vigil will start pulling it from them to refill you.
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 03:10 PM CST
>In the example I cited, there were like 3 lower level Clerics in the room all siphoning my spirit energy away while I was fighting someone else. It was not fun, especially considering they failed all of the other real debilitation spells they cast at me.

Let's examine this a little more: vigil drains from high, to low.

Meaning they had less spirit health than you, despite siphoning off 3 to your one, you had MORE spirit health than 3 different players pulsing and grabbing bits from you. Spirit damage is hard to inflict (hardish). So unless they were standing around casting CS on each other, there's more to this going on.

Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 03:11 PM CST
>Otherwise all you need to do is siphon off the majority of the persons spirit with vigil then hit them with one of the actual spirit attacks to seal the deal.
This is not possible with a single (or even multiple Vigil links).
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 03:18 PM CST
>>So unless they were standing around casting CS on each other, there's more to this going on.

It was a battle royal, so I imagine they were casting a bunch of Spirit-eating spells.

~ Leilond
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 03:33 PM CST
Well, this isn't really a new thing. Vigil has always acted like this and hasn't been overly problematic during real conflicts in live instances. At best it has been used as a mild nuisance, and is certainly consent worthy if the caster is using it to drain another player's spirit intentionally. Aside from murdering the caster, dispels now work to remove Vigil, so it could be argued that with X3 there are already more ways to deal with this issue.

If it ever turns out to be something that causes real issues, outside of a testing environment where everyone just runs rampant doing crazy stuff, I'll be happy to fix the spell to eliminate abuse.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 03:40 PM CST
1) It should ask for a confirmation, since it does potentially injure someone.
2) I'd laugh if they all died as a result of Leil dipping below their spirit level and gobbling them all up.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 03:40 PM CST
Are there plans to cap or delete the auto-depart side effect of spirit deaths? By cap, I mean floor I guess, i.e. change drastically the minimum amount of time before auto-depart.
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 04:36 PM CST
Ok.

I guess I'm just thinking about it from a PvP perspective, and what I would do if I were a Cleric.

If I were a Cleric, I would...

1) Quickly fire off a few capped buff spells to drain my mana hard.
2) Do this in succession with Eylhaar's Feast so I get my mana back in exchange for my Spirit health. The goal would be to try and drain my Spirit health down as far as it would go without dying while maximizing my mana and/or Vitality if need be.
3) Cast Vigil at my opponent(because there's no Skill/Stat check) so his/her Spirit starts to deteriorate because mine is almost to 0%.
4) Wait for our spirits to equalize out at a little over 50%, then RELEASE the Vigil.
5) Put a Spirit regen spell on myself and start casting some heavy Spirit eating spells because my opponent is already at 50%.

Would something like this not be possible?

Also, I prepared and cast Dispel in Test to try and remove a Vigil that was on me, but it didn't work.

~ Leilond
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 04:42 PM CST
>>If I were a Cleric, I would...

You'd probably die. I usually at least see your point, but you're off in left field now.
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 04:47 PM CST
>>You'd probably die.

Why, is that not how those spells work? Did I miss something in the spell descriptions?

~ Leilond
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 04:52 PM CST
And sure, the idea is out in left field. But just FYI it's the weird, quirky things that nobody thinks about that end up being severely OP combinations in PvP, but only for the people who exploit them.

Like the Bard that holds 55 mana and uses a Refractive Field runestone to run around with a capped Caress of the Sun up by only contributing the minimum mana per song pulse but still has a capped cyclic spell due to the 55 held mana, and uses a Frostbite runestone to destroy people because Caress of the Sun protects him from frost damage.

~ Leilond
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 04:54 PM CST
>>Why, is that not how those spells work? Did I miss something in the spell descriptions?

EF is not a finely controlled spell and can easily take a lot more spirit than you intended, especially if you get the addiction effect.

The only other direct spirit damage spell that doesn't put a cleric at risk of death at low spirit is chill spirit and it's spirit damage isn't very high. Using soul attrition at low spirit levels is a great way to die from a spirit death.

You're "what I would do" just isn't very plausible.
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 04:58 PM CST
>>Your "what I would do" just isn't very plausible.

Fair enough, I actually have no idea how those spells work in play -- I just know if I had a no-skillcheck way to drain someone's anything, I'd find a way to make it work in PvP. That's all I'm saying :P

~ Leilond
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 05:01 PM CST
Another thing with vigil is that it's goal is to balance spirit between the cleric and the target.

So if at any point the target gets lower in spirit than the cleric, the effect reverses. Plus the balancing effect isn't an instant process. If I'm at 25% spirit and you're at 100%, it doesn't instantly take us both to 50/50.
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 05:19 PM CST
>>So if at any point the target gets lower in spirit than the cleric, the effect reverses.

Can't the Cleric just RELEASE the spell just like any other buff spell you put up?

~ Leilond
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 06:37 PM CST
>>If I were a Cleric, I would...

Well, if you ran through steps 1-4 the caster and target would end up equalizing out at around 82%. At least that's what my test did. And yes, a self cast Dispel won't get rid of Vigil, but if you cast it at someone else it will. It actually removes all Vigil links at once, not just the one affecting you.

And yes, Clerics can just release the spell.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 06:37 PM CST
>If I were a Cleric, I would...

It's already been pointed out that EF doesn't work that well (intentionally for that matter), but

A) What is mysterious victim doing here? Waiting to die? Because either attacking or running means this is a large waste of time. And it is a substantial (60+ seconds) time sink.

B) Spirit damage is slow as is spirit regen. The 'equalize to 50%' wouldn't happen. The victim, unless you are casting CS as well, would replenish his spirit each time it pulsed down. Vigil doesn't take a percent chunk by comparing the two spirit health values, it just takes a 3% bite. And the pulse rate on vigil is equal or slower than the pulse rate on spirit health in general, so the victim, unless subject to other more substantial drains (direct attacks or 5+ vigil links etc.) regens to full each pulse with no ill effects from the spirit drain, and you'd be filling your spirit up. Even with a spirit drain mechanic, spirit health takes minutes to refil, so it's pointless.

At worst, you would be draining enough spirit from the victim passively to power your casts of AE without penalty, but more than 1 AE cast per pulse (10-20 seconds..) would still be a spirit loss.

C) Spirit health does not factor in to spirit damage for the caster, as far as I know, though a charisma boost would help, I believe.

Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 07:14 PM CST
Ok, thanks for the testing :)

~ Leilond
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 07:37 PM CST
Shh don't ruin any of the many ridiculously OP hax cleric spells.
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/18/2012 10:48 PM CST
Have to agree with Leilond here. If it's a debilitating spell, it should have a contest. It's not as bad as Heart Link/Nissa's Binding is right now, but it's along the same lines. Meant to be a beneficial spell, but can be absolutely abused in pvp.

Also, if HH bypasses shield, shouldn't it function the way that burn will function in 3.0? Since not contesting shield (and parry) means essentially cutting the target's evasion in half, I wonder how HH is currently being contested in 3.0. If it already contests like burn, nevermind. If not, can we look at that?

Markat says, "Pleasant people without moral faults, going to church every week and abstaining from sins such as vanity and zombies. Feh...."
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/19/2012 12:23 AM CST
>>Since not contesting shield (and parry) means essentially cutting the target's evasion in half

You still get 66% of your parry added to your defensive score.
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/19/2012 01:33 AM CST
I thought the parry-adds-to-evasion mechanic for single defense combat contests was one of the old plans that was nixed. My understanding is that DFA, at least burn, would contest only evasion still, at a bonused rate, much like now, but the defense bonus was not necessarily tied to parry/shield skill.
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/19/2012 11:08 AM CST
>You still get 66% of your parry added to your defensive score.

Newp - not true anymore. You only get the defences you are stanced to.

Samsaren
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/19/2012 02:11 PM CST
>>Newp - not true anymore. You only get the defences you are stanced to.

Of course you have to have parry stanced to get any benefit from parry. You don't just get your parry ranks applied without anything stanced.
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/19/2012 05:26 PM CST
How does it make any sense to contest and give credit to parry ranks, but not shield ranks in a DFA contest?

Also, none of that answers my question as to how HH is being contested.

Markat says, "Pleasant people without moral faults, going to church every week and abstaining from sins such as vanity and zombies. Feh...."
Prev_page Previous 1