Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/19/2012 08:48 PM CST
>>Also, none of that answers my question as to how HH is being contested.

Unless its functionality has changed, it's a DFA spell that ignores both shield and armor.
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/19/2012 10:16 PM CST
> it's a DFA spell that ignores both shield and armor.

Source?

Markat says, "Pleasant people without moral faults, going to church every week and abstaining from sins such as vanity and zombies. Feh...."
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/19/2012 11:15 PM CST
>> it's a DFA spell that ignores both shield and armor.

It ignores shield and armor, same as the 2.1 version.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/20/2012 09:16 AM CST
>>Source?

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/DragonRealms%203.0/Clerics/view/187
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/20/2012 05:53 PM CST
>It ignores shield and armor, same as the 2.1 version.

Ok, so how does it contest evasion now? Is it contesting like burn is in 3.0?

Markat says, "Pleasant people without moral faults, going to church every week and abstaining from sins such as vanity and zombies. Feh...."
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/20/2012 06:11 PM CST
All TM spells use the same core mechanics for factoring applicable defenses vs offense and then the same core mechanics for damage.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/20/2012 06:15 PM CST
How exactly is ignoring shield AND armor even remotely balanced? And obviously its pretty accurate since 600's TM were hitting what? 1k evasion?
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/20/2012 06:54 PM CST
Keep in mind the spell is 100% ineffective against living targets. It is also 100% ineffective against players except for Necromancers with huge Divine Outrage. In the cases where it can be effective it is intended to be very effective. This is also something that has nothing to do with X3, so if you'd like to continue this tangent I would appreciate it if it were moved to main forums where other discussions of necro vs cleric inequities have their home.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/20/2012 07:10 PM CST
I think it's relevant to 3.0, so I'm going to give my opinions here rather than start a normal forum thread. I really don't think anyone will be changing HH in 2.0, so any discussion about its future seems like 3.0 discussion.

>It is also 100% ineffective against players except for Necromancers with huge Divine Outrage. In the cases where it can be effective it is intended to be very effective.

Ricinus, can you define "huge Divine Outrage"? Because I've been killed multiple times by HH, cast by someone I substantially outclass, and my DO was never what I would consider huge. I would call losing the alternate spell prep huge DO, or being perceived as a black hole of evil (or whatever that message is) huge DO. But I think that's a bit vague, and considering the very unhappy consequence of a necromancer dying to HH in 3.0 (not being able to use SRE), I would appreciate a more specific answer about what exactly constitutes huge DO. Right now it seems that HH is "very effective" against anyone who is forsaken, whether or not their DO is abnormally high.

Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/20/2012 07:10 PM CST
>>except for Necromancers with huge Divine Outrage

It's possible it changed since 2.0, but it can't be that huge. I was killed with Halo when my Necro was in the 80s, but pre-forsaken and almost never using DO causing spells.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/20/2012 07:28 PM CST
<It's possible it changed since 2.0, but it can't be that huge. I was killed with Halo when my Necro was in the 80s, but pre-forsaken and almost never using DO causing spells.

I'll second that. I never use trans spells and what not while hunting in 2.0, only harvest ritual. I never lose my alternate spell prep or probably even come close to that point, and I get hit with HH. Honestly I think if a spell of that magnitude should require the necromancer to be on the very maximum end of DO or possibly even be Lich when and IF that even comes.
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/20/2012 08:17 PM CST
>>And obviously its pretty accurate since 600's TM were hitting what? 1k evasion?

Yeah, 611 TM hit my mid 1000's Evasion.

I evade 1000+ TM Burns though, so sounds like something might be broken with this spell contest.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/20/2012 08:28 PM CST
I'm more prone to wondering why HH would even hit you to begin with. Your not a necromancer, or undead.
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/20/2012 08:43 PM CST
It was a bug Ricinus just fixed.

A Cleric could cast Malevolence(whatever it's called) at you and curse you, and then you're considered cursed as if you were a Necromancer so they could then cast Harm Horde to hit you with it. This is no longer the case though, but I was still surprised that 600 TM could hit mid 1000 Evasion.

~ Leilond
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/20/2012 09:04 PM CST
If you are getting damaged by HE, HH, or Halo during X3 testing and don't think you should be, please try to get someone's attention through chatter to take a look to see if things are working as intended. One recent bug has already been fixed with HH that was causing anyone at melee range to be hit by HH regardless of cursed status, which may have caused some of the perception that the bar is set lower than it really is. Though I think this conversation is primarily centered around a complaint in the design, I am not willing to overlook possible bugs in the spells. As far as the design goes, it is the exact same as it was prior to X3. Questions regarding the penalties associated with varying levels of DO are not for me to answer.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/20/2012 09:10 PM CST
From what I gathered from the post I read a while ago on DFA spells in general, is that it was a potent spell but weaker against a evasion heavy character, so say you had 1000 evasion and the attacker had 900 TM It either wouldn't hit or would do reduced damage because of the evasion factor. Basically a spell to use against a armor/shield heavy character
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/20/2012 09:11 PM CST
Einmyria, you probably have more evasion than Leilond -- You should do testing with Liurilias and/or Evro to see if they can hit you with HH at Melee and/or Pole range.

~ Leilond
Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/20/2012 10:13 PM CST
>Einmyria, you probably have more evasion than Leilond -- You should do testing with Liurilias and/or Evro to see if they can hit you with HH at Melee and/or Pole range.

Will do. I'll talk to Liuri. Evro, if you're reading this, when is a good time to find you in test?

Re: Potential Cleric Issues 12/21/2012 04:25 AM CST
tested this at a bit lower levels. 60th cleric vs 108th necro test.

First maelvolence:
Flickering shadows tear away from Kadoshgonif's fingertips, shuddering through the air toward you!
Unable to overcome your fortitude, the shadowy tendrils are sent roiling back toward Kadoshgonif! They coalesce rapidly around him in a constricting cage.
>
The swirling confines of malevolent darkness wane from about Kadoshgonif.
>pow
You reach out with your senses and see luminous streams of black Necromantic mana oozing through the area.

Harm evil did nothing - fully targeted -

You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around Totendanz.
>
Your formation of a targeting pattern around Totendanz has completed.
>cast
You gesture at Totendanz.

[You are now aligned with the god Damaris. See ALIGN HELP for more information.]

Totendanz is unaffected.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

tote has been forsaken for approx 80 circles now.
>per tote
The telltale signs of necromantic corruption wind through Totendanz's soul like a disease!
Totendanz has no protection from the gods' judgment.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

I couldn't cast harm horde for some reason. it was too difficult for a 60th level cleric. which is rather sad, i had hoped to be able to use it to get MF.

This was with no protective magic on the necromancer.

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page