Prev_page Previous 1 3 4
The scribed spells Leaf & Magic 3.0 06/15/2011 02:09 PM CDT
While I'd know this for fact , I've been told existing scrolls will not work under the 3.0 magic system.
If this is true , will scribing said scrolls into the leaf "damage" our spell books in any way when the 3.0 system is released ?
Re: The scribed spells Leaf & Magic 3.0 06/18/2011 05:29 PM CDT
anyone have any thoughts on this?
Re: The scribed spells Leaf & Magic 3.0 06/20/2011 03:52 PM CDT
I'm gonna say no it won't ruin/break it, they just won't be usuable. cause you can still scribe old/nonexistant spells into it like hobble or ring of blessings.. i'll put my list at the bottom

I was curious about the kuldaez stones though, since Fr Sc is looking to disappear as a spell altogether, would the other crystals still function the same or similiar, or are they tied into the mechanics of the actual spell?

Scrolls Scribed

Page 1.......Air Bubble
Page 3.......Blood Staunching
Page 4.......Fire Shard
Page 5.......See the Wind
Page 6.......Ethereal Shield
Page 7.......Seal of Deflection
Page 8.......Zephyr
Page 9.......Compost
Page 10.......Arc Light
Page 11.......Strange Arrow
Page 13.......Glythtide's Gift
Page 15.......Vigil
Page 17.......Manifest Force
Page 19.......Tenebrous Sense
Page 21.......Shape Moonblade
Page 23.......Huldah's Pall
Page 25.......Bitter Feast
Page 27.......Tangled Fate
Page 29.......Energy Manacles
Page 31.......Ring of Blessings
Page 33.......Mass Persistence of Memory
Page 35.......Hobble
Page 37.......Mana Disruption
Page 39.......Telekinetic Storm
Page 41.......Protection from Evil
Page 43.......Courage
Page 44.......Darkness
Page 45.......Clear Vision

The fabric of the universe seems to wobble momentarily. Uh, what did you just do?
Re: The scribed spells Leaf & Magic 3.0 06/20/2011 04:02 PM CDT
That list of yours is ridiculous :P

For your sake alone I hope spell scrolls don't go kaputt when we convert over to the new magic system.

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: The scribed spells Leaf & Magic 3.0 06/20/2011 05:22 PM CDT
thanks for the response . Keep my fingers crossed I hope
Re: The scribed spells Leaf & Magic 3.0 06/20/2011 05:31 PM CDT
no problem and thanks, collecting completely useless esoteric magic is a hobby of mine, I used to have something with feral magic in it too(a trap component?).

and if anyone's got anything like that, i'm always looking, such as: multiple ether shield, selective tremor, fire shard volley, and strobe. Very interested.
Thanks,
~power

The fabric of the universe seems to wobble momentarily. Uh, what did you just do?
spellbook 07/21/2003 11:00 PM CDT
sorry, i wrote this is another folder afore i found this one but since it's or spellbooks, my spellbook i jus bought has a bloodlok on it but i guess the original owner isn't in the realms no more...any idea's how i can get this book opened? it doesn't look like a good idea to try and get the book out of the case when i try it..ya can IM me at CRGalear or E-mail me at CRGalear@aol.com

Galear
Re: spellbook 07/22/2003 08:44 AM CDT
<<it doesn't look like a good idea to try and get the book out of the case when i try it

In that case it has a crystal on it that needs to be removed; has nothing to do with the bloodlock. But if you've turned the case to the misc section and there's no key, then the only reason you'd want the book out is to sell the case seperately, anyway.
Re: spellbook 07/22/2003 02:34 PM CDT
Aye, I got the book unlocked cause I do got the key, now it's just that Crystal I need to get taken care of. Was told only way to do this is to use all the charges. So I guess i'm in for paying an Empath a few (15-20) plats to sit around and keep healin me till the charges are all used up...

Thanks for the help to all ya's who IM'd me.

Galear
Re: spellbook 07/22/2003 05:57 PM CDT
The crystals don't work properly; they have infinite charges. If it goes off 10 times, assist. If the GH won't help you, you're outta luck..but the crystal is probably never gonna run out of charges.
As Skralthaen was also the "merchant" for the spellbooks ... 09/20/2003 10:48 PM CDT
Spellbooks placed on an increased delay?

Trebber
Re: As Skralthaen was also the "merchant" for the spellbooks ... 09/20/2003 11:46 PM CDT
GAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo
gAhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhh
why god why!!!!!!!!!!! nOoooooooooooooooo!

Okay damn I really was lookin forward to getting a spell book sometime before the next millenium to. -_-
Re: As Skralthaen was also the "merchant" for the spellbooks ... 09/21/2003 12:52 AM CDT
Much as it might annoy the other 95% of the realms, I'm going to hope that the future of Cleric guild development is figured out before spellbooks are considered a priority again.

-Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
"Remember, DR is all about fantasy. Many people invest themselves in their heroic fantasy; they're absolutely aghast when people don't leap to help them. After all, they're the hero." - Larcus' Player
Re: As Skralthaen was also the "merchant" for the spellbooks ... 09/21/2003 11:03 AM CDT
Maybe because spellbooks aren't specifically attached to the Cleric guild by anything other than the original implementor, they'll be picked up by a GM now who's not working on the raise quest.

Shouldn't that be the most obvious answer? Silly people. ;)

~Aleximarus
Re: As Skralthaen was also the "merchant" for the spellbooks ... 09/21/2003 01:02 PM CDT
>Shouldn't that be the most obvious answer? Silly people. ;)

That would be the best answer to a lot of us. Doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen like that. Having a cleric as one of my main characters I sincerely hope they find someone with as much creativity and drive as Skral. He will be missed. Having an empath (lore primary) currently without a spellbook as one of my main characters hopes they find someone who can bring the spellbook merchant back as quickly as possible.

~Coine

"Walks are therapeutic, especially when taken by people that annoy me." - Coine
Re: As Skralthaen was also the "merchant" for the spellbooks ... 09/21/2003 03:11 PM CDT
God, I hate you people.

~I.B.

Best. Order. Ever.
http://www.bakshiloa.com
Re: As Skralthaen was also the "merchant" for the spellbooks ... 09/22/2003 05:48 AM CDT
Seeing as how the spellbook merchant is a virtual guarantee to drain some of the larger bank accounts in DragonRealms, I think we can all rest assured that it will be back.

-Statis
Who's going to be taking over the spellbooks? 09/25/2003 02:16 PM CDT
Just figured I'd ask and hope someone will answer.

Thanks!

~Dulcinia

You struggle with your small crack but that doesn't seem to do anything.
Runestone 'jewellery' and spellbook cases. 10/08/2003 06:26 PM CDT
I have 'a heavy golden sunfish pendant with delicate pink erythrite stripes', which I guess is closer to fitting the basic profile of being a runestone, than it is to being a magic-related jewellery type item (which would most likely go in the miscellaneous compartment), but the silly thing won't fit anywhere in my case. I've tried to stuff it in each section several times, and its just not gonna happen.

I assume it should be considered the type of item which could be stored in the runestone compartment, but since it doesnt... could someone give me a shove in the best direction as to whether I should:

(a) Bug it IG or in the bugs topic in this category, and it will get dealt with eventually?
(b) Bring it to the specific attention of <someone, anyone?> via whichever means they may have deemed suitable, so that it can be added to the ever-growing (If such a beast even exists, of course) list of magic-oriented items which should be coded to be stowed in the cases.
(c) Get over it and stuff my pendant in a different container (and no, I'm not going to wear it, would you?), cause with no-one currently looking after Spellbooks, the chances of getting anything changed or added to the code/system/whatsit, are somewhere vaguely in-between buggerall and none.

Thanks in advance,

Kalewen.

Pro-gram-mer (n)
- One who turns caffeine into code.
Re: Runestone 'jewellery' and spellbook cases. 10/08/2003 09:28 PM CDT
>I assume it should be considered the type of item which could be stored in the runestone compartment, but since it doesnt... could someone give me a shove in the best direction as to whether I should:

d) Give it to me, because you are tired of messing with it. ;)

~Coine

"Walks are therapeutic, especially when taken by people that annoy me." - Coine
Re: Runestone 'jewellery' and spellbook cases. 10/09/2003 05:50 PM CDT
Special devices need to be specifically set to fit in that compartment. I got a good dozen+ that I've been asking to be put in there. :P

Need a babelfish for DragonRealms?
http://www.bakshiloa.com/libraryindex.html

writing in spellbook notepad 11/24/2003 12:13 AM CST
I recently acquired a a ranger spellbook that was Scandi's. i was trying to write in the notepad section just to try it out and i can't figure out the syntax. can you help me out?

Tybress
Re: writing in spellbook notepad 11/24/2003 12:34 AM CST

Have your writing implement in hand (and all inked up if you are using a stylus that needs ink), and your spellbook open to the page you want to write on..

WRITE <message>

"Some people are being fangoriously devoured by a gelatinous monster.
Hillary's legs are being digested.

Everyone is different.
No two people are not on fire."

Kinsmen, Steel, Stone.
www.stone-clan.com
Re: writing in spellbook notepad 11/24/2003 12:46 AM CST
<<WRITE <message>
Everyone is different.
No two people are not on fire.">>

Shouldn't that be WRITE <e-mail> ::chuckle::

Have a trophy :)

Hymel

The dragon logo.
Gone now but not forgotten.
May it rest in peace.
Re: writing in spellbook notepad 11/24/2003 12:58 AM CST
<<Shouldn't that be WRITE <e-mail> ::chuckle::

Muahahahah!

I will never ever ever ever ever write a song about the sibbie.

Everyone is different.
No two people are not on fire."

Kinsmen, Steel, Stone.
www.stone-clan.com
Re: writing in spellbook notepad 11/24/2003 12:33 PM CST
i DO have a stylus in my right hand with ink on it, spellbook open to the page in my left. when i try to WRITE <MESSAGE> it says you cannot do that with your hands full. So i put the spellbook down, and WRITE <MESSAGE> and it say that is not a proper thing to write on. so what am i doing wrong?

Tybress
Re: writing in spellbook notepad 11/24/2003 12:46 PM CST
You have to open your ink and IIRC dip stylus in ink (Might be put? I have to figure it out anew every time) and the stylus will stay inked for awhile.

-Mozzik

You say, "I'm being killed by classes myself..."
Westryl picks up classes.
Westryl grows fierce looking and appears ready to brawl!
You ask, "This is going to hurt isn't it?"
Re: writing in spellbook notepad 11/24/2003 03:47 PM CST
the ink is already on it stylus, i figured that part out
Re: writing in spellbook notepad 11/28/2003 02:38 PM CST
So you made me go and look up my notes on this again too...heh...thank Wryt by the way, this is from his research waaaaay back...

Here is what I have for the freestanding writeable journals, I imagine it should be similar for the spellbook ones:

TO WRITE

Proper Syntax: Write in pad <text>

Left hand: Piece of narrow lead with a leather grip
Right hand: White pad

write in pad This is a test.
In your white pad, you write "This is a test."

read pad
You read your white pad...

Written in lead are the words "This is a test."

TO ERASE

Left hand: Small yellow eraser
Right hand: White pad

rub pad
You carefully erase the writing from a page in your pad.

read pad
You read your white pad...

This page is blank.

Kythryn
Rose Petals, Holy Oil and spellbook cases 11/30/2003 05:29 PM CST
Zabari suggested crossposting this over here. I'm not sure if it is a substances issue or a spellbook case issue.

I thought I'd cut down on my inventory numbers by combing my herbs. And then wondered if combining rose petals worked. Well, yup, they're combinable, but once combined they no longer fit into a spellbook case misc compartment.

Not sure if this is an issue with substances or spellbook cases?

>turn case to misc
You shift the partitions in your spellbook case, closing the compartment that holds a spellbook and opening the one for miscellaneous spell components.
>look in case
In the spellbook case you see some holy oil, a vial of naphtha, some holy oil, some holy oil, a stick of blessed incense, a stick of blessed incense, a stick of blessed incense, a pitch black ink bottle, an ivory stylus, a small rubber eraser, a stick of blessed incense, a stick of blessed incense, a sprig of rue, a sprig of rue, a cambrinth lump, a kirmhiro draught, some holy oil, some rose petals, a sprig of rue, some rose petals, a sprig of rue, some rose petals.
>get petal
You get some rose petals from inside your spellbook case.
>get petal from case
>comb pet with pet
You combine some rose petals with some rose petals.
>count pet
There's two parts left of the rose petals.
>get pet from case
>comb pet with pet
You combine some rose petals with some rose petals.
>get pet from case
I could not find what you were referring to.
>put pet in case
It doesn't appear that some rose petals is the type of item to put in the miscellaneous component compartment.

It's not a huge deal, since I can store the petals elsewhere. :ponders: Hopefully combining them didn't make them un-holy so I can't make rose attar with it! :flail: gah, I'm afraid to test....

oh ick. Now my holy oil won't go back in either.

>get oil
You get some holy oil from inside your spellbook case.
>get oil from case
You get some holy oil from inside your spellbook case.
>comb oil with oil
Those items cannot be combined.
>put oil in case
It doesn't appear that some holy oil is the type of item to put in the miscellaneous component compartment.

I can take holy oil out of the case and put it back in, so long as I don't try combining it. Once I try to combine it, it won't fit.

~Mellisandre
Re: Rose Petals, Holy Oil and spellbook cases 12/01/2003 02:53 AM CST
The wand I just purchased from the WM bazaar in Muspar'i doesn't like to go in the wands and rattles compartment.

~Runewyse

We are all unworthy of wisdom.
Re: Rose Petals, Holy Oil and spellbook cases 12/01/2003 12:20 PM CST
>oh ick. Now my holy oil won't go back in either.

>I can take holy oil out of the case and put it back in, so long as I don't try combining it. Once I try to combine it, it won't fit.

Should you be putting water/oil into a book container anyway? That cant be good for the books =P
Re: Rose Petals, Holy Oil and spellbook cases 12/01/2003 01:03 PM CST
the spellbook cases have seperate partitions for the spellbooks and the water/oil etc...they would never come into contact with each other, unlike stuff that all gets jumbled together in a backpack.

one can figure that the container for miscellaneous objects is waterproof/oilproof, etc.

after all, it can hold naphtha without it going BOOM!

~Weak of arm,crazy roar;
terrible aim,awful health;
broken fingers,no real stealth;
leave em dead,stabbed some more;
lost your coins,on the floor;
greetings!now you're out the door~
>
Re: Rose Petals, Holy Oil and spellbook cases 12/02/2003 12:26 PM CST
>after all, it can hold naphtha without it going BOOM!

Well if Im not mistaken, Naphtha comes in its own vial doesnt it? So that would explain that. Unless someone sells non-vials of naphtha but from what Ive stolen in Haven its vials of.
Re: Rose Petals, Holy Oil and spellbook cases 12/02/2003 04:40 PM CST

Vials could leak.

By the same logic, runestones would mar the cover, rattles and wands would beat the heck out of it, your scrolls would also get wet etc, etc, etc.

It's compartmentalized. If it helps you any, consider each spellbook compartment to be seperate, waterproofed, padded, lined... whatever :grin: I mean, you can wear a spellbook case while swimming and the contents don't get wet so clearly they're well engineered!

~Mellisandre
Re: Rose Petals, Holy Oil and spellbook cases 12/02/2003 07:16 PM CST
yup, at the price they sold for, they dang well better be waterproof, naptha-proof, etc.

~Weak of arm,crazy roar;
terrible aim,awful health;
broken fingers,no real stealth;
leave em dead,stabbed some more;
lost your coins,on the floor;
greetings!now you're out the door~
>
I like my spellbook 01/10/2004 05:44 PM CST
The spellbook has been carefully bound in vykathi carapace, which is painted with a stately Archwizard encircled by a raging maelstrom of ice and lightning. It appears to be in pristine condition and is beaded along the edges with some carved ruby wisps of flame. Bold calligraphy inlaid in exquisite platinum leaf scrawls dramatically over the carapace cover.

A ruby-eyed platinum dragon bloodlock has been attached to the spellbook. The platinum dragon's jaws are closed loosely over the front end of the book, but are not locked.

A black diamond shrike talon socket has been inset in the spellbook's cover, just below the title. A flame red kuldaez crystal rests in the relentless clutches of the black diamond shrike talon.

read my spell
Inlaid in exquisite platinum leaf over the vykathi carapace cover of the spellbook is the title:

~ A Treatise on Elemental Magic for Linxe Termoil ~

*~ Table of Contents ~*

Books of elemental magic employed by the Warrior Mage:

Chapter 1: Aether Manipulation Chapter 4: Water Manipulation
Chapter 2: Electricity Manipulation Chapter 5: Earth Manipulation
Chapter 3: Fire Manipulation Chapter 6: Air Manipulation

Arcanum and Lore:

Chapter 7: The Book of Immortals Chapter 8: Healing Reagents

I also have some other crystal for the socket like ES,FB, and LB. Pay 400 plats when the merchant came out now i'll say it's worth a lot more..

Apprentice LX.
Say mister beefy. Say it, say it!
First you get the Money
second comes the Power
Third you get the Woman
Re: I like my spellbook 01/10/2004 08:25 PM CST
I've been looking at logs of prices for spell books. Why did it cost you 400 plats? The beefed up spellbook I'm going to get when the merchant comes back is under 150. And yeah...it's super fancy! And I'm buying lots of ink.

Myth's Player
Re: I like my spellbook 01/11/2004 12:54 AM CST

The little things add up...

Getting things like...the platinum leaf inlay for the cover title rather than the silver.. up it a lot more than you'd think.

Some covers didn't up the base cost of 40 plat at all. Some added on quite a lot of money.

40 plat here..

20 there..

50 there..

I remember just some of the beads you could buy for the book's cover could be around 15 plat, and you could put three different beads on at a time. Get the most expensive ones..and suddenly you've spent about 50 plat.

The sockets and the specialized crystals didn't come cheap.

Nor the bloodlocks, ..at least 25 plat, I believe.

Didn't the Writing Pad go for 30 plat, I think?

I think the Healing Reagents and Immortals inserts didn't go less than 10 plat each. Might have been quite a bit more.

It all adds up.

Kinsmen, Steel, Stone.
www.stone-clan.com
Re: I like my spellbook 01/11/2004 10:51 AM CST
>It all adds up

Plus nothing says the prices will stay the same when the merchant comes out. In fact, unless they change the idea that the spellbooks are supposed to be not so common, I could see the prices going up.

Supreme Bunny Overlord Zairius
Make Me Feel Better... Visit http://www.zairius.com/fractals
Prev_page Previous 1 3 4