1 3 Next Next_page
Re: Magic 3.2 incoming soon - last chance to test 07/28/2016 11:20 PM CDT
<<Please to be taking the opportunity to fix DRUM's targeting logic (broken since 3.1 released).

Blech, was going to test that as soon as I was done with the wiki. Sad to see it's still not fixed. I've bugged that a few times now over the years.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Magic 3.2 incoming soon - last chance to test 07/28/2016 11:34 PM CDT
> Blech, was going to test that as soon as I was done with the wiki. Sad to see it's still not fixed. I've bugged that a few times now over the years.

I confess I haven't tested, and I'm not in a position to do so now. I was just going off the fact that it wasn't listed on the changelog.
Re: Magic 3.2 incoming soon - last chance to test 07/29/2016 01:37 AM CDT
>>Specific buff spells will bet set up for area casting (Kind of like how Courage works for Paladins now) but these will mostly be the domain of Bards and, to a lesser degree, Paladins.

I know nothing is ironed out yet, but will spells that are flagged for area casting require a feat to cast as such? Or a skill req? Or a minimum mana threshold?
Re: Magic 3.2 incoming soon - last chance to test 07/29/2016 01:48 AM CDT
<<I confess I haven't tested, and I'm not in a position to do so now. I was just going off the fact that it wasn't listed on the changelog.

Just took a break from the wiki, and decided to test Drums of the Snake targeting.

It's still not working correctly. The effect is lost if a target leaves your presence but it doesn't actually pulse the effect back to them if they return. I.e. it's less useful than both an AoE spell a pulse to group spell.

Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Magic 3.2 incoming soon - last chance to test 07/29/2016 07:15 AM CDT

> Mana Regen boosters are working properly (specifically Blessing of the Fae).

I'm confused by this. When I tested BOTF, I saw no discernable benefit despite the "buzzing" messaging on nearby players and the bard itself. I still saw about 3% regen every 6 seconds, and the only indication the spell was on came in the form of dips in my mana pool every time the spell pulsed.

Prior to 3.2, it was very noticable that this spell was on. There were surges of mana added to the pool, and rapidly. It was a fantastic spell. Now it feels imperceptible, if there are any benefits at all.

Usage:
- 180 PM, 179 AUG, 172 Attunement
- Exp mods: none
- info: No +'s
- 8 mana casts.
Re: Magic 3.2 incoming soon - last chance to test 07/29/2016 09:57 AM CDT
I'm in the midst of collecting some data on BOTF, but I had what looks like a bug while doing so. This is on my moonmage. I can't see any reason for him to have gone above 100% attunement, considering BOTF had worn off:

The power thrumming through your nerves gradually fades.

>mana
You are Wizard-like in your ability at harnessing mana.
You currently have a nearly complete attunement to the streams of mana.
You are holding no mana in localized streams around you.
Attunement: [0%>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>50%>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>|_100%]
You are receiving full harness messages (HARNESS VERBOSE is set).

>mana
You are Wizard-like in your ability at harnessing mana.
You currently have a noticeably higher attunement than normal to the streams of mana.
You are holding no mana in localized streams around you.
Attunement: [0%>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>50%>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>100%] +
You are receiving full harness messages (HARNESS VERBOSE is set).

>pow
Xibar and Yavash are dominant, while Katamba's influence is weak.
Psychic Projection and Enlightened Geometry spells are favored.
Your red moonbeam at [Riverhaven, Silvermoon Road] should last at least six more anlaen or until Yavash sets.
You are currently sustaining a Moongate.
You sense the Shadows spell upon you, which will last for about fifteen roisaen.
You sense the Tenebrous Sense spell upon you, which will last for about twenty-one roisaen.
You sense the Aura Sight spell upon you, which will last for about twenty-five roisaen.
You are being protected by a fairly strong Psychic Shield, which should last for two roisaen.
You sense the Seer's Sense spell upon you, which will last for about five roisaen.
You sense the Clear Vision spell upon you, which will last less than a roisan.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Re: Magic 3.2 incoming soon - last chance to test 07/29/2016 10:03 AM CDT

I've noticed the same with refresh, and I think this has been the case for years. If you go higher than 100% and don't use the additional total then it won't drift down to 100% on it's own.
Re: Magic 3.2 incoming soon - last chance to test 07/29/2016 10:06 AM CDT
> I've noticed the same with refresh, and I think this has been the case for years. If you go higher than 100% and don't use the additional total then it won't drift down to 100% on it's own.

Except I was below 100%. Something moved me up.
Re: Magic 3.2 incoming soon - last chance to test 07/29/2016 10:08 AM CDT

> Except I was below 100%. Something moved me up.

Wierd. Do bardic cyclics still have lingering effects? I know we used to with old magic, but I don't remember if we kept that with 3.0.
Re: Magic 3.2 incoming soon - last chance to test 07/29/2016 11:30 AM CDT
Was there a shadowling in the room? I see that you don't have one invoked, but there's no LOOK to gauge by.

<<Do bardic cyclics still have lingering effects? I know we used to with old magic, but I don't remember if we kept that with 3.0.

They do in many cases, BotF being one of them. This is the ending message for it:

<<The power thrumming through your nerves gradually fades.

Re: Magic 3.2 incoming soon - last chance to test 07/29/2016 01:39 PM CDT
>>I know nothing is ironed out yet, but will spells that are flagged for area casting require a feat to cast as such?

No.

>>Or a skill req?

TBD.

>>Or a minimum mana threshold?

TBD.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Magic 3.2 incoming soon - last chance to test 07/29/2016 05:03 PM CDT
> Was there a shadowling in the room? I see that you don't have one invoked, but there's no LOOK to gauge by.

There was not. Nor any people.
Re: Magic 3.2 incoming soon - last chance to test 07/29/2016 06:38 PM CDT
>How does mana feel for lower level magic primes? What about terts and secondary.

>-Raesh

As a paladin (32nd circle, 240 attunement, no feats), the changes do make my life easier**.

The increased mana from removing the tertiary penalty isn't much, but it's noticeable. The greater benefit is flattening out the regeneration curve so I don't have to keep my attunement at 40% to keep regen high enough. Before, if all my paladin buffs needed a poorly-timed simultaneous refresh, I'd be in trouble.

From my perception, the greatest increase in mana is the decrease in TM and debilitation costs. Spending less mana nets me more, and I can now target my attunement at 60-75% instead of 30-40%.

Mithgrek, player of.

** I miss Holy Warrior, though, the spell I just learned and now can't cast. Another 90 magic ranks to go!
* Thanks for tips on that cleric spell. Going to see if I can find on a scroll.
Re: Magic 3.2 incoming soon - last chance to test 07/31/2016 12:00 PM CDT
<<How does mana feel for lower level magic primes? What about terts and secondary.>>

<<-Raesh>>

Ranger here 104th circle. Got a few feats, injured casting, cambrinth usage, and the one that allows you to regen mana faster I believe.
Mana regen to me seems to be about right. I do appreciate that some of our spells are easier to cast now.

One question when will Oath be able to be learned? I might get it just for the spell description, I'll have to ask my friend that's lower than me if she observes a difference when usinbg Oath.

Bluefalcon
Re: Magic 3.2 incoming soon - last chance to test 07/31/2016 12:35 PM CDT
>>I might get it just for the spell description, I'll have to ask my friend that's lower than me if she observes a difference when usinbg Oath.

If you liked/used Claws of the Cougar before 3.2 then you will find Oath to be just as useful since it is the same thing CotC used to be without the Brawling buff (actually it's better since all buffs = 20% now).
Re: Magic 3.2 incoming soon - last chance to test 07/31/2016 12:45 PM CDT
<<How does mana feel for lower level magic primes? What about terts and secondary.>>

<<-Raesh>>

As a cleric with 215ish magics, I only ever train my magic skills in Glowing or higher rooms.

I now have approximately half, maybe 2/3rds of the mana that I used to have. It takes about twice as long to mind lock my magic skills due to pausing for mana regen along the way - something that I never had to do.

I don't necessarily consider this a bad thing. I still have a sufficiently large mana pool to fully buff myself pre-combat (all 5 spells cast near max). All told, it feels like a pretty solid nerf. It's an odd thing to experience.

On the other hand, on my Bard with approx. 130 magics, I see no discernible difference except that I have to use different mana to cast my cyclics at. I'm actually learning better now than before. Training TM has become much less mana intensive - that side of things has been quite a boon to my hunting, in fact, letting me comfortably keep AEWO up without any mana issues (again, in a Glowing room - i.e. as it should be).
1 3 Next Next_page