Is now released. Here here!

Cheers, <G>

Valdrik
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/10/2002 02:26 PM CDT
<<Cheers, <G>

<<Valdrik

You rock. Cheers.

>You gesture.
You hear a distant but hearty chuckle as a shot of Darkstone Whiskey appears in your right hand!
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/10/2002 02:29 PM CDT
Did it change any?

-Gheist
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/10/2002 02:35 PM CDT
<<Did it change any?>>

Not really. Just decided to get it knocked out :).

Valdrik
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/10/2002 02:41 PM CDT
::cackles in that lunatic, crazy sort of way::

~Starsha
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/10/2002 02:45 PM CDT
thank you from the bottom of my cup o' ale......hiccup....

goes out hunting for something likely to drop scrolls...

Kadoshgonif
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/10/2002 04:43 PM CDT
Many much thanks...i've been waiting for this spell!

Dark Angel Crusinix
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/10/2002 04:47 PM CDT
Can clerics use TDPs to learn it permanently?

Lagerby
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/10/2002 06:14 PM CDT
>Can clerics use TDPs to learn it permanently?

Yes, but not yet. The STUDY verb does not yet work for scrolls, as I understand it and as Rigby stated a while ago.
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/10/2002 06:27 PM CDT
Hey Valdrik, is there a point in casting the spell at extra mana?
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/11/2002 08:50 AM CDT
<<Yes, but not yet. The STUDY verb does not yet work for scrolls, as I understand it and as Rigby stated a while ago.>>

Right -- you can't permanently learn it with the spell preview going. When its lifted, you can indeed learn it permanently.

Valdrik
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/11/2002 08:51 AM CDT
<<Hey Valdrik, is there a point in casting the spell at extra mana?>>

Hmmm, not really. Here's a counter question -- what do you think the spell should do if you added more mana? Right now extra mana -- you might if you're low enough skill get a smidge more exp for it. It's such an easy spell to cast that you probably wont notice it at your skill levels.

Valdrik
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/11/2002 09:25 AM CDT
::chuckles:: I know this isn't likely- but perhaps with sufficient mana could a cleric make kegs or casks of a drink instead of just little bottles and mugs and drams?

Ryeka, having visions of clerics being in demand at parties
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/11/2002 09:41 AM CDT
How about at higher mana it creates a round of drinks? One for every member of the caster's group? So everyone can join up, magie can cast a whopping Glythtide's Gift, and everyone gets a drink!
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/11/2002 10:22 AM CDT
It also doesn't seem to be teaching PM at all...

PM 210 clear....

Kadosh
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/11/2002 12:16 PM CDT
> Hmmm, not really. Here's a counter question -- what do you think the spell should do if you added more mana?

Change what you get! <g> Some of the stuff GG conjures is really vile, other times its great. Would be fun to be able to get some control over the results.

Cast at 4

Get watery ale, rotgut, etc

Cast at 40

Get top quality rum, stout, mead etc

This way clerics who are really good at GG would be in demand to cast it.

Dio ~~ player of
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/11/2002 01:37 PM CDT
>>> Hmmm, not really. Here's a counter question -- what do you think the spell should do if you added more mana?

That recent trader event I think, the moment you walked into the room, got a thing of ale...perhaps if casted on the room, would put a duration on the room where people would get a drink.

The possibilities are truely endless.

Dark Angel Crusinix
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/11/2002 02:44 PM CDT
I like the idea of kegs and all that. More mana could create a drink for everyone in your group. I really don't think there's a point in putting a lot of work into this spell, since it's mostly meant to be a cantrip anyway. Making it create kegs or drinks for everyone in your group with more mana or more PM would be nice, but there's not much of anywhere this spell could go.

Currently the max prep is 10, which I can snap cast essentially instantly.. more mana won't make it teach. And as Kadosh said, it doesnt teach PM anyway.
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/11/2002 05:09 PM CDT
That would be awesome. Group casting, room casted, and able to make kegs. That would be so smooth.
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/11/2002 05:47 PM CDT
I think after 20 mana put into the spell, it should start to rain booze.

20-30 mana will rain booze on your person, giving you unlimited duration of alcoholic delight for the duration of the spell.

30-40 mana will rain booze on your group, making you more popular than you'd ever imagined.

40-50 mana will rain booze on the entire room, enriching everyone's life with the magic of alcohol. And undead and evil creatures are naturally averse to the whimsical magic that is chronic alcoholism, they will bubble and melt as the liquid touches their skin.

60+ mana will cause a torrential downpour of liquid happiness, making you the life of the party, and drowning all gnomes and small familiars in the area.

40+ mana casts can be substitued for naphtha when used with Fire Rain, showering your foes with the alcohol fueled rage that only a Warrior Mage can provide.

-Frogspawn
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/12/2002 08:49 AM CDT
<<It also doesn't seem to be teaching PM at all...>>

Yeah, I actually inadvertantly told a bit of misinformation. I just didn't have time to repost my mistake. GG doesn't teach any exp, at all <G>.

Valdrik
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/12/2002 03:27 PM CDT
I've always wanted to be able to produce the exact drink I wanted, I think that the 'more mana gets you something that's less rotgut' approach could work.. also, if I invoke the scroll that I've been saving since before the preview,...will you take it away again??? I don't want to have to spend more on a spell i'm just going to lose anyway...
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/12/2002 04:44 PM CDT
When cast AT someone this spell could make them drunk against their will... would make a nifty will vs. stamina spell (although those don't seem to exist).

The alcohol would be a poison an Empath could cure.

Lainn
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/13/2002 09:45 PM CDT
Added mana could increase the potency of the drinks. Maybe at 20-30 mana the drinks could actually have greater ingame effects, like a little random wobbling in a direction, inability to walk in straight lines, difficulty standing up, or constantly listing left or right? Accidental belching and glassy eyed looks?

Crory
Glythtide's Gift thread 09/19/2002 07:51 PM CDT
Greetings...

This thread originally discussed the harness requirements for Glythtide's Gift. Let's try to stay away from the guild vs. guild issues...please :)

Thanks.

Emony
Re: Glythtide's Gift thread 09/19/2002 08:43 PM CDT
Sure, reduce the harness requirement. This is an RP spell and it offers no bonus to any skill or statistic, nor can it deal damage to a PC or creature.

-Statis
Re: Glythtide's Gift thread 09/19/2002 11:44 PM CDT
It's too bad a cleric has to use a spell slot to perminently learn it, but as such, I'm still willing to give up the spell slot.

Dark Angel Crusinix
Re: Glythtide's Gift thread 09/20/2002 12:03 AM CDT
Thought it was only TDPs, not TDPs and a spell slot.

And, I thought a GM said it doesn't teach anything......why have a high harness req if it don't teach diddly?

Sylme
Re: Glythtide's Gift thread 09/20/2002 12:04 AM CDT
>Thought it was only TDPs, not TDPs and a spell slot.

It takes TDPs and a spellslot to perminantly learn a spell from a scroll. Only Clerics can permintantly learn GG.

>And, I thought a GM said it doesn't teach anything......why have a high harness req if it don't teach diddly?

Yes, GG teaches nothing.
Re: Glythtide's Gift thread 09/20/2002 12:13 AM CDT
<<Sure, reduce the harness requirement. This is an RP spell and it offers no bonus to any skill or statistic, nor can it deal damage to a PC or creature.>>

Am I the only one that read this post? ..

<<The Harness req for GG changed because I modified how the req was calc'ed on a code level. I'm looking for ways to address it.

Valdrik >>
Re: Glythtide's Gift thread 09/20/2002 12:17 AM CDT
Well, I read that, it's just that we were debating if it SHOULD be changed. :)

-Statis
Glythtide's Gift 06/24/2008 12:58 AM CDT
Off a reaver I found a scroll, and it reads:

The yellowed scroll contains a complete description of the Glythtide's Gift spell.

"The Glythtide's Gift spell provides refreshment for the parched, a bit of liquid courage to the cowardly, a drop of sunshine to warm chilly bones, a most efficacious draught to wet the whistles of Bards and Barbarians, chieftains and cutpurses, lords and layabouts, Gnomes and Gor'Togs."
You can choose to INVOKE this scroll to memorize Glythtide's Gift temporarily, or STUDY the scroll to permanently memorize it.
Roundtime: 15 sec.

What exactly does this spell do? I noticed it under cleric spells, but it's acquired by scroll? Is it worth memorizing permanently?
Re: Glythtide's Gift 06/24/2008 01:01 AM CDT
It summons random alcoholic beverages.

No, seriously, that's all it does.

Rev. Reene

"Even if you are a 1,000 year old Necrolord who is so steeped in blasphemy that your words cause the ground to shake and the sky to darken, you do not tick off Kssarh." - Armifer
Re: Glythtide's Gift 06/24/2008 01:08 AM CDT
So then I take it it would be a waste of a spell slot to learn. Sounds like a mere fluffy spell with no real benefits to anyone.
Re: Glythtide's Gift 06/24/2008 01:15 AM CDT
>> Sounds like a mere fluffy spell with no real benefits to anyone.

Ding ding ding.

Rev. Reene

"Even if you are a 1,000 year old Necrolord who is so steeped in blasphemy that your words cause the ground to shake and the sky to darken, you do not tick off Kssarh." - Armifer
Re: Glythtide's Gift 06/24/2008 01:19 AM CDT
> Ding ding ding.

Hehe
Re: Glythtide's Gift 06/24/2008 02:26 AM CDT
>>Sounds like a mere fluffy spell with no real benefits to anyone.

There are IC alcoholics in DR.

I am not kidding.

Also, getting people to RP being drunk is unrealistically amusing.

Invoke it for kicks when you're bored. I have a get-drunk script for spamming the room with my cleric downing ungodly quantities summoned out of thin air.
Re: Glythtide's Gift 06/24/2008 06:25 AM CDT
It's a waste of a spell slot now, but I'm 102nd circle with 6 free spell slots after learning it :/
Re: Glythtide's Gift 06/24/2008 06:36 AM CDT
>>It's a waste of a spell slot now, but I'm 102nd circle with 6 free spell slots after learning it :/

I still have many spells to go before I run out of slots, but I've already gotten everything cool :/.

Clerics really need more spells. For a magic primary guild they cap out way too fast.
Seeing as a fully spelled-up Cleric is lit up like the bloody Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center, I really don't think anyone want to see more realistic stealth penalties applied to every spell that gives off some kind of light.
-IDONS-BUDDY
Re: Glythtide's Gift 06/24/2008 07:12 AM CDT
It's my favorite spell to temporarily memorize, since I don't really care if I loose it to death/using to much mana/etc.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, Ranger
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Prev_page Previous 1