Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Glythtide's Gift 06/24/2008 08:41 AM CDT
I do have the spell permanently memorized: At the time, I was running out of spells I considered worth getting. It's great for tipping empaths that otherwise wouldn't accept anything, and I had a blast feeding drinks to a devourer!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Glythtide's Gift 06/25/2008 09:57 AM CDT
<<I do have the spell permanently memorized: At the time, I was running out of spells I considered worth getting. It's great for tipping empaths that otherwise wouldn't accept anything, and I had a blast feeding drinks to a devourer!

Ding ding ding. (<3 Reene)

Some of us are amused by the simple things.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Glythtide's Gift 06/25/2008 04:54 PM CDT
Try it out. A cheap, amusing way to get an idea of how to use a scroll spell.

Every cleric I know who has memorized it has done it because a) with 10 or more open slots, why not? and b) it just tickled the fancy of the player. Nothing wrong with that but yeah, essentially a fluff generator.

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/15/2009 10:48 AM CDT
just catching up on the boards and stuff. but i chose GG cause my character likes to drink.

its a great RP tool and has led to great times in game.

Verbal
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/15/2009 11:03 AM CDT
>>its a great RP tool and has led to great times in game.

Do you really think it's worthy of a spell slot as it is though? Would you have chosen it if we had enough more useful spells to fill out our spellbook to 150 and beyond?
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/15/2009 11:30 AM CDT
Heh- Verbal, no surprise that you chose something for 'fun' value over being able to kill better.

But it should be a cantrip and you should get that spell slot back.
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/15/2009 12:24 PM CDT
yeah, my character is one that got it for the RP of it too. in fact furnished the drinks many times during stone clan events. However, i think it should have been a cantrip instead of taking a spell slot - it doesn't teach, there's no difference to the spell betweeen casting it with more mana, etc.

player of kadoshg et al

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/15/2009 12:27 PM CDT
The only reason I learned it is because I have 6 open spell slots and wanted to be able to say I have memorized all the spells I possibly can. If we ever get a slew of spells that extends past the number of spells you can learn at 150 GG will be the first to go.
Re: Glythtide's Gift 09/15/2009 07:30 PM CDT
well my focus hasnt always been on leveling and or gaining max skill.

i would probably choose it again if i got a do-over. not saying the argument inst a valid one. if i wanted to be BA i would have chosen a different guild. i wanted to have fun and help people and cast a spell that creates liquor.

i would like to be able to cast specific drinks. with more mana and stuff.

cast whiskey! its tuff throwing away all that bloodgrog.

would it be hard to make it a commune that didnt take up devotion?

commune glythtide
poof drink appears.

or

pray glythtide whiskey
poof...whiskey. just a bonus to having devotion would be drinks......i dont know. i am not in it for cool. or am i....

Verbal!
Re: Glythtide's Gift 05/31/2014 02:25 AM CDT

Ya know what, why not tack on a nice Charisma buff onto Glythtide's Gift?
Re: Glythtide's Gift 05/31/2014 04:26 AM CDT
So should I blame the Clerics or Necromancers for this thread having been resurrected at least three or four times since its first posting in 2002?
Re: Glythtide's Gift 05/31/2014 04:31 AM CDT
<<Ya know what, why not tack on a nice Charisma buff onto Glythtide's Gift?

It already buffs Wisdom, iirc. Auspice is the spell that already buffs Charisma.
Re: Glythtide's Gift 05/31/2014 08:08 AM CDT

Ah, okay. Its just such a charming spell! :)
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page