So uh... 04/15/2016 08:28 PM CDT
I just happened to look at the calendar for May, and noticed that it appeared this was going to be happening then. Confirmations? Denials? Details? Top place on the FBI's most wanted list?

-AM

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Aydan
Re: So uh... 04/15/2016 08:59 PM CDT
It is?? I better get crackin'!

Yes, it's true. I can confirm this.

I should mention, however, that this run of Wonders of Elanthia will not include merchants. You will be able to collect a souvenir from each town, and a souvenir case from the cottage to hold these items.

~ Haliste ~
The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor
ASGM, World Development
Re: So uh... 04/16/2016 01:03 AM CDT

This sounds familiar. Has this been done before?
Re: So uh... 04/16/2016 03:09 AM CDT
Yep, 2008

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Wonders_of_Elanthia
Re: So uh... 04/17/2016 05:45 PM CDT

What about raffles?
Re: So uh... 04/17/2016 06:42 PM CDT
This is an RP event - no raffles or merchants this time around.

~ Haliste ~
ASGM, World Development
Re: So uh... 04/21/2016 11:43 PM CDT

Boo! :)
Re: So uh... 04/22/2016 11:14 AM CDT
Boos to RP events make me a sad pyromaniac.

~Liia
APM, Gemstone IV
Re: So uh... 04/23/2016 04:30 AM CDT

Oh no, I like RP events I do. I just like raffles thrown in. :)
What is this? 04/23/2016 11:38 AM CDT
I've seen a few posts in this folder but none that have given me any clue as to what it is except for some kind of RP event.
Can someone post a what, when,desc., and who can enter?
Re: What is this? 04/23/2016 11:49 AM CDT
https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Wonders_of_Elanthia

Chad, player of a few
Re: What is this? 04/23/2016 10:03 PM CDT
>Can someone post a what, when,desc., and who can enter?

There's nothing to enter. It's just an RP event, with a bit of lore telling and some RP trinkets.

~ Haliste ~
ASGM, World Development
Re: What is this? 04/24/2016 09:07 AM CDT
From what little I know this looks like it will be a lot of fun!

For planning purposes, I see that it is three days in each town, is something different happening every day/night for the entire 21 day run or is it 3 days in each town so that people can pick and choose which day works best for them for any given town? As much as I would like to attend for 21 days of fun this won't be realistic or practical for me!

-- Robert

Raggler squeakily says, "Muffins are also known to be one of the most healthiest foods in the world."

Raggler squeakily says, "It's a fact."
Re: What is this? 04/24/2016 09:17 AM CDT
While the event is going on in each town, players will be able to visit that town and pick up that town's trinket from the cottage (which will move accordingly). One night during each town's event, there will be a scheduled event. The calendar entries have the details. I posted the schedule so that players would know where to move next. You don't have to attend any of the actual events during each town's scheduled period, but you will need to visit the cottage in that town to acquire the trinket, thus being able to fill the case (which you can also get in the cottage.)

~ Haliste ~
ASGM, World Development
Re: What is this? 04/24/2016 09:23 AM CDT
Well look at that... those mutli-day calendar bars have details when you click on them...

I don't know why I didn't think of them as being normal calendar entries that you can click on but thanks for pointing that out!

Looking forward to the event!

-- Robert

Raggler squeakily says, "Muffins are also known to be one of the most healthiest foods in the world."

Raggler squeakily says, "It's a fact."
Re: What is this? 04/24/2016 09:25 AM CDT
Please consider making the final souvenir combine into a single item count instead of the 17 locker spots that the 2008 version took up. Thanks!
Re: What is this? 04/24/2016 08:22 PM CDT
For those of you who remember the 2008 event, that's the thing that taught me to be careful about saying, "You know what would be cool?" The response was, "You're right. Do it, you're lead."

I think that one phrase changed the path of my entire GS career.

We thought it would be neat to bring back the RP aspects of this, and Haliste graciously updated the script for the items (all new descriptions) and arranged the event. Our town gurus put together (or brought back) some nifty stories, and those running the individual segments will provide you with much information and entertainment.

We hope everyone checks it out!

~Liia
APM, Gemstone IV

P.S. I'll check on that locker-item-number question. Haliste updated the script for me, so I'm not 100% sure.
Re: What is this? 04/25/2016 09:02 AM CDT
Because of the nature of the script, and the way the souvenirs interact with the case when completed, making this a "one item" item when lockered isn't an option right now. It's a lot more work than you might think, and would require nearly an entire script rewrite.

Sorry!

~Liia
APM, Gemstone IV
Re: What is this? 04/26/2016 10:41 AM CDT
>Because of the nature of the script, and the way the souvenirs interact with the case when completed, making this a "one item" item when lockered isn't an option right now. It's a lot more work than you might think, and would require nearly an entire script rewrite.

I don't doubt it's a lot of work, but thanks for looking into it.