Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/12/2017 12:07 AM CDT
The special abilities unlocked with a specific last name now allow for a little more leeway. As long as your last name contains the needed one, it can now be hyphenated or have additional letters.

P.S. Go watch Castlevania on Netflix.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/12/2017 05:57 AM CDT
>The special abilities unlocked with a specific last name now allow for a little more leeway. As long as your last name containers the needed one, it can now be hyphenated or have additional letters.

>P.S. Go watch Castlevania on youtube VODS from SGDQ.

>Wyrom, PM

Fixed

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/12/2017 07:07 AM CDT
>> The special abilities unlocked with a specific last name now allow for a little more leeway. As long as your last name containers the needed one, it can now be hyphenated or have additional letters.

This amuses me for reasons Wyrom is the only person who might understand.
Re: Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/12/2017 09:33 AM CDT
Thank you, Wyrom! I am so pleased to know that Naamit can now represent in text, the breadth of her misdoings!

Signed,
Naamit DMonica-FirstHusbandWhoseLastNameIForget-OhThenthereWasRevekoMwani-AndLestWeNotForgetTheBraggianiIncident
Re: Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/12/2017 09:39 AM CDT

>Signed,
Naamit DMonica-FirstHusbandWhoseLastNameIForget-OhThenthereWasRevekoMwani-AndLestWeNotForgetTheBraggianiIncident

I'm not seeing an X, Y, or Z in there. So close! (P.S. Also missing J, P and Q.) Get married a few more times and complete the alphabet!
Re: Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/12/2017 10:08 AM CDT
Well this is embarrassing. I can't change my name to "DMonica-Braggiani" because it's too long. Apparently the system as a 16 character max!?
Re: Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/12/2017 11:22 AM CDT
>>>Signed,
>>Naamit DMonica-FirstHusbandWhoseLastNameIForget-OhThenthereWasRevekoMwani-AndLestWeNotForgetTheBraggianiIncident

You should probably throw in an apostrophe or two as well.

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

https://gswiki.play.net/Rohese_Bayvel-Timsh'l
Re: Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/12/2017 11:29 AM CDT
Maybe a bananafanafofana ?
Re: Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/12/2017 12:00 PM CDT
Looks like it's limited to 15 characters, damn strings. I'll fool around with it some (not the last name, but maybe another feature).

Wyrom, PM
Re: Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/12/2017 12:01 PM CDT
>>This amuses me for reasons Wyrom is the only person who might understand.

Between the autocorrect typo and you know...the thing... This update was possible.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/12/2017 12:24 PM CDT
>/logic

It might just be easier to rewrite its lore, let me corrupt its essence, and then attune it to Mularos-aligned characters and call it a day, no?

>logical inquiry:

Is it checking by unique letter (BRAGIN) or a complete string? I could set her last name to DMonica-Bragni and get the same effect if so. I'm sorry this turned into a PITA. Feel free to change it back if you want.
Re: Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/12/2017 12:53 PM CDT
I'm going to do something a lot better.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/12/2017 02:20 PM CDT
Okay, the other change is still in effect, but with being limited to 15 characters, it doesn't leave much room to hyphenate.

There is a new command, WRAP, that can be used to bond to the whip as long as the proper last name is set. Once bonded, you can change your last name. If for whatever reason, you give the whip to someone else, it can be re-attuned to a new owner.

Let me know if there are any weird quirks.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/12/2017 05:01 PM CDT
Well this is hot. I even get a new verb out of the deal. Thank you, Wyrom!

bond wrap:
>You wrap the barbed end of white ora whip around your hand and pull it tight, causing it to dig into your flesh. As blood pools in the palm of your hand, a sinister voice whispers, "We are bonded by blood, Braggiani!" The whip absorbs the sanguine fluid and leaves a deep scar on your right hand. You uncoil the whip from around you hand and crack it loudly in the air.

3rd Person, bond wrap:
>Naamit wraps the barbed end of her white ora whip around her hand and pulls it tight, causing it to dig into her flesh. She uncoils the whip exposing just a deep scar and cracks it loudly in the air.

3rd Person, post-bond wrap:
>Naamit wraps her white ora whip around her arm in a tight coil and releases the whip so that it drops to her side.

And in case you aren't totally sick of me yet - It would be so awesome if the same or similar bond WRAP messaging was used in post-bond WRAP as well. It's gnarly and appropriate for Naamit and I like that it causes a scar. I'd use that verb quite often. Or if there was some other way to invoke the bond messaging that would be rad as well.

Such as....

>wrap, post-bond wrap:
>You wrap the barbed end of white ora whip around your hand and pull it tight, causing it to dig into your flesh. As blood pools in the palm of your hand, a sinister voice whispers, "Our bond grows deeper, Braggiani!" The whip absorbs the sanguine fluid and leaves a deep scar on your right hand. You uncoil the whip from around you hand and crack it loudly in the air.

3rd Person, post-bond wrap:
>Naamit wraps the barbed end of her white ora whip around her hand and pulls it tight, causing it to dig into her flesh. She uncoils the whip exposing just a deep scar and cracks it loudly in the air.
Re: Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/12/2017 05:46 PM CDT
Wow, didn't expect anything else on the whip to change. Thanks for the update Zombie Master!

-Jason/Plat Braggiani
Re: Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/12/2017 09:11 PM CDT
Ack. I can't revert Naamit's name back to what it was originally (DMonica) because of changes to the surname rules that prohibit concurrent upper case letters? Guess I gotta place Naamit in the market for a new husband after all! Or maybe it would be easier to remain Braggiani. Ack.

P.S. Don't take this as ungratefulness, please.
Re: Holy Scourge (Whip) Update 07/14/2017 12:42 PM CDT
You should totally read your email more!

Wyrom, PM