Mist armor ring 04/15/2017 04:29 PM CDT
I currently own one of the 2 mist armor rings that went out at the God Auction and have had a few months to play with it now.

Awesome item, first off - I have been enjoying it!

I do wonder, though:
- Are the flares supposed to flare more than normal defensive flares? I'm not sure if it's just me expecting the flares to be more often than usual due to them being noted as really amazing air flares and the item being God Auction (high expectations and all that), though I'm not sure if I've seen the armor flare more than other flaring armor I've owned.
- Is the power of the flares supposed to be dialed up slightly from normal air flares? I don't think I've noticed a death crit from a flare yet and seem to get varying damage thresholds on the flare with 30 points being the highest so far.

Love the armor - just want to be sure I'm not missing something on the flares themselves.

Also - wish we could interact with the armor once it's in place and get some suitably misty zests or something (or very rare misty ambience.)
Re: Mist armor ring 04/15/2017 05:02 PM CDT
Those rings from the Auction should totally qualify to participate in the Sonic alteration stuff that happens....
Re: Mist armor ring 04/15/2017 08:15 PM CDT
>Are the flares supposed to flare more than normal defensive flares?

It's not written to do that, so I'd say no.

>Is the power of the flares supposed to be dialed up slightly from normal air flares?

Again, no -- it's just straight air flares.

>Interacting with the armor...

Anything's possible, but right now, it's intended not to be interacted with.

Nonetheless, I'm glad you've been enjoying it!

~ Haliste ~
The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor
ASGM, Events

Omrii: Okay, thanks Haliste. You're way better than Wyrom.
Re: Mist armor ring 04/15/2017 08:33 PM CDT

If you reverse those answers to yes it will make you feel bettee
Re: Mist armor ring 04/16/2017 06:47 PM CDT

>> Haliste's post

Figured that was the case but wanted to ask to be sure! :) I quite like it, anyhow. Like having Sonic Armor on a Warrior.

If you ever get the urge to update it in the future, zests on the armor itself would be pretty cool, I do agree. I picture a trail of mist following in certain movements.

And re: Krakii's suggestion - would be indeed interesting to be able to alter the appearance of the armor, but I realize this would be a bit difficult to do. (Or at least I think it would, anyhow.)

Either way, I don't mind that it shows up as "some hazy black mist armor". I do like that it is layerable, though! So you can see "some hazy black mist armor with a white cotton shirt underneath". Which makes me picture it as semi-transparent for some reason.
Re: Mist armor ring 04/18/2017 12:20 AM CDT

As owner of the other mist armor ring from last year's Great Auction, I'd like to follow up with some more questions.

1) Can the armor be further enchanted, via Sadie, or at Duskruin?

2) I haven't played with this yet, but can it be ensorcelled? While I realize this would be tricky, at best, I can see a potential way, if it's not designed to exclude ensorcellment.

I, too love the armor. Even though the air flares are not so effective against the elementals of the Confluence, I've noticed some additional cool properties about it, in there.
Re: Mist armor ring 04/19/2017 10:02 AM CDT
> Can the armor be further enchanted, via Sadie, or at Duskruin?

Technically, yes. Though, it doesn't follow the standard methods for enchanting.

> Ensorcelled?

No.

~ Haliste ~
ASGM, Events

Re: Mist armor ring 04/19/2017 04:05 PM CDT
When you say 'technically yes' to enchanting.

... do you mean it is possible through Sadie scrolls/Premium points /right now/

... or it is a potential but if we tried to submit our rings to Sadie they'd get rejected?

Though I shudder to think of what surcharges would apply to the rings.
Re: Mist armor ring 04/20/2017 06:23 AM CDT
I say technically because... it can be done; it's just not a standard method.

Surcharges would be applied based on the flares and the script.

~ Haliste ~
ASGM, Events

Re: Mist armor ring 04/20/2017 08:14 AM CDT
I say technically because... it can be done; it's just not a standard method.
Surcharges would be applied based on the flares and the script.
~ Haliste ~

Just want to clarify here, and I don't own one of these so it's purely for my personal edification, shouldn't that be the same surchage for the flares and script? I ask because I have a heavily combat scripted flaring item (ranger e-bow) and every time I've used premium points to enchant it the cost has been the base enchant cost plus the script surcharge. I would think it should be the same for the mist armor. Either that or someone has been really generous with me and I should just shut my pie hole. =P

Keith/Brinret/Eronderl

Keith is correct
-Wyrom, APM

Keith is correct.
-GameMaster Estild

Re: Mist armor ring 04/20/2017 08:18 AM CDT

>... I should just shut my pie hole. =P

Unlikely to happen.
Re: Mist armor ring 04/20/2017 08:40 AM CDT
See also, Penny-Arcade:
https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2000/06/23