a wing-bladed sea glaes harpoon 12/21/2016 06:31 PM CST
The harpoon appears to be crafted from a solid length of sea glaes, from the handle to the head. Cerulean blue glaes makes up the shaft of the harpoon, while various hues of green make up the wing-bladed and spiked head. The harpoon appears as if it is wet to the touch.
You see nothing unusual, except for a small enchanter's glyph.

Loresong:

A vision suddenly takes over your sight in a crumbling ruin...

An older human pirate clutches onto a cracked jewel as he stares down at a floor covered in a Luukosian mosaic. He whispers, "Damn, so this is how it ends?" His skin is slowly rotting where he holds onto the jewel. In a neighboring room, he can hear the sound of footsteps exiting the ruins through a magical portal he created with the power of the jewel. A large wave of water pours into the area and sweeps the pirate off his feet.

Water quickly floods the ruins as the vision ends.

You sense a holy aura surrounding the harpoon.From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the harpoon is to be used in combat in a number of ways.

The vision continue back inside the ruins...

The pirate is standing with the jewel still in hand, but the ruins are quickly flooding. The pirate laughs and shouts, "Vahmyr Hiwynd has defeated you!"
The jewel begins to glow a cerulean hue and shatters into a dozen fragments. The pirate's skin completely rots, and he falls into the water

The vision abruptly fades to darkness.

The harpoon has a bonus of +30 and require skill in polearm weapons to use effectively in combat. It is imbued with the power of water.

The visions continue outside the ruins on the desolate isle.

The body of Vahmyr can be seen through the breach in the ruins. The isle is slowly sinking into the sea, swallowing the cursed Luukosian sanctuary. An odd current of water surrounds the corpse of Vahmyr, freeing his sea glaes harpoon. The harpoon is carried off by the torrent and makes it way toward the Isle of Four Winds. As it passes through Charl's Teeth, the harpoon rises from the sea, with a water wyrd taking shape holding the weapon.

Waves swell as the vision fades.

The harmonics generated tell you that the harpoon has many special abilities for those trained in water lore.

The final visions are revealed and have shifted to under a pier...

The water wyrd holds the harpoon and speaks in a language foreign to you. The song distorts and suddenly you can understand the creature. "You will live on, Vee, your soul bound into this harpoon. This is your wake. The wyrd's form unravels and the water splashes into the sea. The harpoon drifts toward a ship where a man spots it and and picks it up. An adventurer looks at the man and asks, "Hey Cidolfhus, what did you find?" Cid replies in shock, "Vahmyr's harpoon.

Water cascades over your vision and the song ends.

ATTACK - Attacking with 3 ranks of water lore will unlock Revenge Flares.
These flares will activate when the user is missing health and do damage
equal to that amount. The harpoon will then heal half the missing health
via the flares sap ability. This has a 2 minute cooldown.
HURL - Hurling with 25 ranks of water lore will unlock the Returner ability.
This cost 3 mana each throw.
RAISE - Raising the harpoon with 75 ranks of water lore unlocks the Tidal Wave ability.
This knocks down every hostile creature in the room with you.
This has an hour cooldown.
POSE - Show off your harpoon in style!
LORESONG - The story of Vee's Wake.
Re: a wing-bladed sea glaes harpoon 12/21/2016 09:07 PM CST
Fixed that missing quotation mark and punctuation in that loresong. Something got cut off at the end.

Wyrom, PM
Re: a wing-bladed sea glaes harpoon 12/23/2016 10:24 AM CST

Excellent loresong. I remember that event well. Uhhh, sorry bout that V!

(I kind of want this harpoon just for the loresong)
Re: a wing-bladed sea glaes harpoon 12/24/2016 09:17 AM CST
So...

Will the harpoon take banes, weighting and enscrolling? And will that work when both swung and hurled? I ask because I know the chain spears have some challenges.

Thanks!

Faelln/Tom
Re: a wing-bladed sea glaes harpoon 12/24/2016 11:42 AM CST
>>Will the harpoon take banes, weighting and enscrolling? And will that work when both swung and hurled? I ask because I know the chain spears have some challenges.

It can't have any of that. It cannot be worked on by a merchant, has water flares, and unenchantable/ensorcellable.

Wyrom, PM