Prev_page Previous 1
Gem-Eating Armor 12/21/2016 03:27 PM CST
Quick question:

Are the gems on a timer in these armors? Because I've had several shatter without ever being struck.

Respectfully
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/21/2016 03:59 PM CST
With the weapon, I think it was "number of swings", and possibly influenced by gem value and/or being-an-orb.
The swings did not have to be effectual: non-blessed swinging at undead would eat your non-blessing-flare gem; or a whiffle-swing could destroy it so presumably misses counted.

Try
a) more expensive gems (higher base item to start with, Purification Song/1004 & gem-cutter to increase & chisel) and
b) ones that are orbs; see if either of those makes a difference.
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/21/2016 04:16 PM CST
Yeah there is a timer, seems like there is some sort of charge pool (based on gem value), and after a time interval some charges are eaten, and more are eaten when struck in combat.

kind of a let down in that regard.
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/21/2016 07:29 PM CST
A lot of gems I have tried have been odd. I've had 10k gems shatter on the first hit and minor gems last 9 to 11 hits. Not all of the gems seem to have a time limit. I haven't left one in for very long yet either. But some seem to shatter within minutes. In one case, a rainbow quartz, I ran around with the armor in my hand for 30+mins without a shatter until after I tested it.

Some clarity would be welcome.

Respectfully
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/21/2016 09:08 PM CST
I'll look into the armor some and post more details.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/22/2016 12:56 PM CST
I think there is something rather buggy going on with these gem armors, I can't seem to get a gem to last more than 1 attack, whereas the weapons last for awhile.
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/22/2016 01:04 PM CST
I had an uncut diamond shatter upon logging in today. I placed it last night and got through two bandit tasks. I don't recall being hit except for manuevers. I just placed a new uncut diamond in about 15mins ago and so far no shatter.

Respectfully
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/22/2016 01:30 PM CST
There are a few bugs I'll clean up right now. I'll post some more details and updates about this armor when I roll them live.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/22/2016 01:57 PM CST
Thanks Wyrom!
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/22/2016 02:47 PM CST
Thank you Wyrom. Merry Christmas
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/22/2016 03:12 PM CST
Okay, I went ahead and fixed the issue where gems may have been shattering prematurely.

So some information on these armors. There are three forms of decay on the gem you set inside it. It has charges and then 2 timers. The two timers SHOULD work together, but should they get out of sync, it will always default to real time. Gem value determines the number of hits you can take and how long the gem will last, so the armor has constant upkeep. The absolute cap is 150 charges (hits) or 15000 seconds. The gem expires on whichever comes first. Cheaper gems won't last very long. The timers don't start until you are successfully hit.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/22/2016 03:53 PM CST
Thanks Wyrom for that info.

On an unrelated matter, why aren't these armors alterable?

Respectfully
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/22/2016 04:03 PM CST
Another question I had was whether or not the gems, once inserted, can be removed and rejuvenated via purification song or some such?

Respectfully
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/23/2016 02:41 PM CST
I'm not the creating of the armor, just fixing things as I was familiar with the script.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/23/2016 02:48 PM CST
You are not the creating? Wyrom's been drinking again...

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Keith is correct

Wyrom, APM

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Help%20for%20Players/Policy%20Discussions/view/246
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/23/2016 04:26 PM CST
>On an unrelated matter, why aren't these armors alterable?

Oof, between this and the 4-hour (max!) gem timer, I am very, very, very glad I passed on these.
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/23/2016 05:27 PM CST
Hands down this is some of the coolest armor I've owned. 6x 25 point (15 for the diamond + 10 for GoS) crit padded armor for the cost of A DIAMOND every 4 hours is epic. Or I can have 40% - 60% of any resistance of my choice + my GoS padding. Hah...if I have to live with a bit of a cheesy look, so be it.

Respectfully
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/23/2016 07:32 PM CST
Yup, not saying it's useless, just not for me.

Crit padding only goes so far with fullplate and redux, and I care a lot about the aesthetics of the stuff my warrior wears; that's part of the the reason I play a text-based game. The resists would be nice, but I'm happier to wander around with a set of nicely-altered plain jane armor at less than a tenth of the price.
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/23/2016 08:26 PM CST
I'm quite happy with getting the tunic.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Keith is correct

Wyrom, APM

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Help%20for%20Players/Policy%20Discussions/view/246
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/24/2016 11:43 AM CST
>>You are not the creating? Wyrom's been drinking again...

Mobile posting and not catching autocorrect. :(

Wyrom, PM
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/24/2016 11:45 AM CST
>>Oof, between this and the 4-hour (max!) gem timer, I am very, very, very glad I passed on these.

Remember, the timer only begins when you start taking hits.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/24/2016 11:50 AM CST
Too funny Wyrom. When I read the reply it made me think of how the character Oh from the movie Home spoke.

When can we expect to hear from the "creating" of this armor? I'd still like to know about the alterable nature of the armor and if the gems are pryablessed or stuck.

Respectfuly
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/24/2016 11:58 AM CST
>>When can we expect to hear from the "creating" of this armor?

He's on a medical LOA, so I'm not sure. I did the QC on them, so I've been fixing them as bugs have been reported/posted.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/24/2016 02:44 PM CST
Thanks Wyrom. I pray he is doing better soon.

I'm back to one hit diamond shatters on this armor. Should I expect that?

Respectfully
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/24/2016 05:24 PM CST
>>I'm back to one hit diamond shatters on this armor. Should I expect that?

The base "charges" should be determined by the value of the gem (with a cap). If it's a normal gem with a decent value, it should last quite a bit. Is there anything else going on with it? If you can toss me an email with logs and such, I can investigate it.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 12/24/2016 09:12 PM CST
>Remember, the timer only begins when you start taking hits.

I main a warrior! The combat only starts when he starts taking hits!

Seriously, the whole reason I'd want the fullplate was to take hits. If I went in on it, the plan was to alter it to be elfy, have damage padding most of the time, and to be able to swap in serious lightning resist for face-tanking crystal blades in OTF.

But instead I'd have ugly non-elfy armor with a bonus that would decay while I do RP stuff around town.

If there were gem-eating robes for sale I'd have went for those hard and would have been much happier. When I found out the tunic was light leathers I deflated a bit.
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 01/14/2017 02:19 PM CST

I have the set of gem-encrusted chain hauberk, Ardwen couldn't see the crit padding when we put a diamond in the hauberk .. neither could the Abandoned Inn crystal. Are you folks able to assess your sets?

I'm wondering if my set is bugged or are you getting the very heavy/15 point padding readings some other way?
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 01/14/2017 04:51 PM CST
>>I have the set of gem-encrusted chain hauberk, Ardwen couldn't see the crit padding when we put a diamond in the hauberk .. neither could the >>Abandoned Inn crystal. Are you folks able to assess your sets?

>>I'm wondering if my set is bugged or are you getting the very heavy/15 point padding readings some other way?

That seems odd. I was able to get a warrior to assess the plate back in December, AND the AI showed me it was padded.

The plate showed up as VHCP(+15) for diamonds, and rubies did VHDP. I've since sold the set, so I can't test it further though.
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 01/15/2017 02:55 PM CST
I was unable to replicate this issue. But please post if it continues with logs.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 01/15/2017 11:19 PM CST

Here's the hauberk with an uncut diamond in it and the AI crystal is showing it as just 6x armor with no padding. Its the diamond Ardwen had placed inside it when we were testing it. I didn't log the actual placing of the diamond, but it showed him placing it in the hauberk, it glowed and then returned to normal. I'll ask Ardwen if he could post an assess log of it.

I can't seem to pry it out of the hauberk, either.

>look at my haub
Odd pieces of various gemstones encrust the chest piece of the hauberk, with an especially fine uncut diamond mounted in the center of the chest piece.

>touch cryst
You touch the crystal with one hand, your gem-encrusted hauberk in the other hand. Tiny sparks of brilliant golden light dance across your hauberk. An indigo beam shoots up from your hauberk toward the ceiling.

>pull haub
You can't seem to pry the diamond out from the chest piece of the gem-encrusted hauberk.

>get ruby
You remove an uncut ruby from in your alabaster linen cloak.

>push haub
You try to place an uncut ruby into the chest piece of the hauberk but it won't fit since there is aready an uncut diamond there. (looks like there's a typo here, should be already instead of aready)
>
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 01/15/2017 11:33 PM CST
>assess haub
You assess the hauberk for structural weaknesses and strengths.

Careful examination indicates the gem-encrusted hauberk has a base strength of 74 and a base durability of 535. You also determine the current integrity of the gem-encrusted hauberk to be at 100.0%.
You examine the hauberk closely and you don't note anything.

Roundtime: 25 sec.
R>

R>l haub
Odd pieces of various gemstones encrust the chest piece of the hauberk, with an especially fine uncut diamond mounted in the center of the chest piece.
R>;chat to shana unofficials or officials?
Pilars just went north.
R>assess haub

Careful examination indicates the gem-encrusted hauberk has a base strength of 74 and a base durability of 535. You also determine the current integrity of the gem-encrusted hauberk to be at 100.0%.

Roundtime: 23 sec.
R>

>assess haub

Roundtime: 23 sec.
R>assess haub
...wait 9 seconds.
R>assess haub
...wait 1 seconds.
R>assess haub

290 ranks of armor training, nothing in 15 or so assesses
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 01/16/2017 02:46 PM CST
Hmm. Register that armor when it does that again (next time you try with the same results) and let me know which character to look for. You can email me if you don't want to post the name.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 01/16/2017 07:31 PM CST

How do I try it again? The diamond is stuck inside it and doesn't do anything.
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 01/17/2017 12:37 PM CST
Sending you an email.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 01/17/2017 07:15 PM CST

Thanks to Wyrom for the help.

It looks like the padding at least isn't applied until the first attack while wearing the armor. So when we assessed/AI crystal'd the armor just after putting in the crystal it didn't show because it wasn't there yet.

After taking an attack while wearing it I can now see it with the AI crystal.

I'm assuming the resistance also functions the same way.

As an aside, has anyone done testing yet with their armor? 15 different combinations is quite a large number of options. :)
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 02/11/2017 03:57 PM CST
I think there is something still very buggy going on here, I put in a diamond worth 10k and it shattered on the first hit.

AIM: m444w
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 03/27/2017 04:33 PM CDT
>Okay, I went ahead and fixed the issue where gems may have been shattering prematurely.
>So some information on these armors. There are three forms of decay on the gem you set inside it. It has charges and then 2 timers. The two timers SHOULD work together, but should they get out of sync, it will always default to real time. Gem value determines the number of hits you can take and how long the gem will last, so the armor has constant upkeep. The absolute cap is 150 charges (hits) or 15000 seconds. The gem expires on whichever comes first. Cheaper gems won't last very long. The timers don't start until you are successfully hit.

Hi there. I recently received some gem-eating leathers, and there does seem to be a bug that is causing the gems to shatter on the first hit. I tried some standard uncut diamonds and also an orbed blue diamond. I did a BUGITEM on them, but was told it might also be a good idea to post here. Anything else I should be doing or trying? Thanks!

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 04/07/2017 10:58 AM CDT
I don't think the creator has looked at this, so I'll check it again when I have some time.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 04/28/2017 09:38 AM CDT

Thanks Wyrom, just chiming in that I've had this happen as well with the chain hauberk version. Just had a pearl shatter on the first hit in the DR arena, seems a bit out of balance.
Re: Gem-Eating Armor 05/03/2017 12:30 PM CDT
Those with the armor, do you find it working sometimes? Most times? Hardly at all?

Wyrom, PM
Prev_page Previous 1