A Misted Misty Mist 11/18/2016 10:36 AM CST
Long, long ago, in a land far away, a most unusual ring was discovered. Unlike family heirlooms that sometimes tarnish and deteriorate over the years, this piece was different, and aged like a fine wine...

~ Haliste ~
The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor
ASGM, Events
Re: A Misted Misty Mist 11/18/2016 10:44 AM CST
"like a fine wine..." -- Haliste

Sssooo... UNlike the relic--which could not be eaten--this one we CAN drink?!?
Re: A Misted Misty Mist 11/18/2016 10:50 AM CST
>Sssooo... UNlike the relic--which could not be eaten--this one we CAN drink?!?

Well, not exactly. Though, if you look at my other teaser...

~ Haliste ~
ASGM, Events
Re: A Misted Misty Mist 11/21/2016 10:34 AM CST
Ok, how about this?

>turn my ring
As you twist the top of your sapphire ring, it opens and flowers outward. Tendrils of black mist begin to flow out of the ring and swirl around you, and you begin to feel more burdened as the mist envelops your form. Finally, the tendrils cease emanating from the ring and settle down around you. Once quiescent, the tendrils merge together, creating a hazy black mist in the image of some hazy black mist armor around you.

~ Haliste ~
ASGM, Events
Re: A Misted Misty Mist 11/21/2016 10:48 AM CST
You guys are killing it. That is awesome.
Re: A Misted Misty Mist 11/21/2016 10:58 AM CST
So it's not a halberd? It's ring armor! Care to tell us about the updates you've made to that tired old script?

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Keith is correct

Wyrom, APM

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Help%20for%20Players/Policy%20Discussions/view/246
Re: A Misted Misty Mist 11/21/2016 12:04 PM CST
>Care to tell us about the updates you've made to that tired old script?

Soon, my pretties.

~ Haliste ~
ASGM, Events
Re: A Misted Misty Mist 11/21/2016 12:36 PM CST
>>Soon, my pretties.

Quick someone threaten to throw a bucket of water on her if she doesnt spill the details.
Re: A Misted Misty Mist 11/21/2019 09:11 AM CST
So I managed to mug Nuadjha in a dark alley...
<cough> That is to say, "He & I arrived at a satisfactory trade arrangement," and so I have come into possession of one of the mist rings. (T6 Ebon Gate item from 2018, he said: 7x and un-set at the time [now, AsG20/full plate].)

And my question is, "what can be done to the armor"?
Ensorcel? (Since a fighter is wearing it, every little extra bit of TD is handy.)
WPS? (And if so, just "merchant" or also "auto-services" like Duskruin smithy?)
More Enchants? (And if so, PC or merchant or Premium or...?)
Spikes?

Did I leave anything out from "possible bling to armor" lists?

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty nifty as-is to start with--weightless armor of high Enchant with good flares? thank you, may I have another?--but you always want to see if you can throw some more spice in the mix. :)
Re: A Misted Misty Mist 11/21/2019 11:20 AM CST
I have no personal experience with these armors, but multiple discussions on PC seem to point to the fact that you can't add anything to these other than enchant. Below is a conversation about a 7x mist armor ring from PC from October 2018, that incidentally included the player you mugged to obtain this.

Person A: This is an amazing item. I seem to recall someone saying you can't add padding to these- is that true?
Person B: Pretty sure you can’t do anything at all after you choose a base.
Person C: Yeah, they're hard coded. The armor is recreated from its base code every time it appears. (FWIW, this is your guy)
Person D: You can enchant further. Nothing more though.

These comments are all from names that I think most would know/recognize. And it's on the internet, so it has to be true.
Re: A Misted Misty Mist 11/21/2019 11:55 AM CST
Heh. :) Thanks, good info!

It will take me a while to build up Premium Points again, but I'll see if anything happens there.