Spirit Beasts 3.0: Alpha Testing 04/26/2020 01:27 AM CDT
The newly revamped Spirit Beasts system is currently available for demoing on the test server.

This is a ground-up redesign of how Spirit Beasts work. Talismans limited to three beasts are a thing of the past, as you can now bind many, many beasts. They're stored on you can be managed with the BEAST verb. If you're interested in helping to test, I'd recommend the following:

* Get over to the test server.
* Head to Wehnimer's. The Firebird is parked east of North Gate.
* Marks of the Beast, the Spirit Beast shop, is located off of the Main Deck.
* Buy yourself a talisman. If you'd like to go hunting for beasts, you'll still need to hold one and go somewhere to BEAST SENSE, BEAST ATTUNE, and BEAST CAPTURE.
* You can bypass hunting beasts by purchasing one of the glaes cages here and CLEANing it off. Take a LOOK at the cage for info on its beastly occupant.
* Once you have a beast in hand, you can either BEAST CHALLENGE your fellow players to start Spirit Battles with them, or you can go to the Talondown Arena to fight NPC trainers.
* The Talondown is located off of the Orlop Deck in the belly of the ship.
* When you Spirit Battle, use BEAST COMMAND to give your beast orders. It'll default to attacking on every turn without commands.

There's a LOT of new stuff here, so I'd recommend getting started with BEAST HELP and reading from there.

Auchand
Captain of the Firebird
Re: Spirit Beasts 3.0: Alpha Testing 04/26/2020 11:50 AM CDT
This is cool and I'm excited to see the new system! We were just talking about spirit beasties the other day :)

/seo, wheels and skulls department/
Re: Spirit Beasts 3.0: Alpha Testing 04/28/2020 05:54 PM CDT
>This is cool and I'm excited to see the new system! We were just talking about spirit beasties the other day :)

Huzzah!

I rolled out some changes today, including:

* Battle speeds are slower
* Beasts have lower health
* Special Abilities and Lash do more %-health damage

Together, these should make for a less hectic Spirit Battle experience that keeps within a playable timeframe between hunts.

Some other quality-of-life upgrades, including added use of monsterbolding around important data.

Auchand
Captain of the Firebird