firebird - exploration gameplay and encumbrance 05/21/2015 09:10 PM CDT
Ok, please correct me if I am mistaken but going to the fusion shaman always requires a crazy amount of silvers... notes dont work. I think its because notes have to be in your right hand, but so do items for extraction, hence the requirement for silvers.

The way the firebird is implemented, its not so good. Exploration gameplay doesnt go well with carrying around all those silvers.

Also, another issue, is it intended for people to get trapped in the firebird? Today the firebird took off from solhaven with me trapped inside... it was a lot like the minecart ride, expcept longer, much longer. I guess it was funny once, but I would appreciate better signaling that the ship is going to take off in 5 minutes or something.

Then going back to the silvers issue, when it landed, I walked off the gangplank to find out that I was in pinefar with monsters everywhere, and yea, carrying that much silver, I got killed pretty fast. I think it would have been a better experience if I had only had to have a bank note on me.
Re: firebird - exploration gameplay and encumbrance 05/22/2015 10:34 AM CDT
>Ok, please correct me if I am mistaken but going to the fusion shaman always requires a crazy amount of silvers... notes dont work. I think its because notes have to be in your right hand, but so do items for extraction, hence the requirement for silvers.

>The way the firebird is implemented, its not so good. Exploration gameplay doesnt go well with carrying around all those silvers.

The Fusion Shaman on the Firebird does work for you once a month. You're not encouraged to carry that much silver around with you all the time. Get some out, go to the shaman, do your business, and then return to deposit the rest, I'd say.

>I guess it was funny once, but I would appreciate better signaling that the ship is going to take off in 5 minutes or something.

The ship sends three signals. In addition, Symbols/Sigils/Signs/Spells that teleport you can be used at any point during the trip.

Auchand

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
Re: firebird - exploration gameplay and encumbrance 05/22/2015 10:56 AM CDT

>In addition, Symbols/Sigils/Signs/Spells that teleport you can be used at any point during the trip.

how about gold rings?
Re: firebird - exploration gameplay and encumbrance 05/22/2015 09:19 PM CDT

"You're not encouraged to carry that much silver around with you all the time. Get some out, go to the shaman, do your business, and then return to deposit the rest, I'd say."

Also, you trivialize getting in and doing your business. One has to find the firebird, sometimes in an unfamiliar town, there is a puzzle to get to the shaman, so its not as quick as you say. And it is time pressured with the Firebird changing towns so frequently (I dont know how long it takes to stay in town, but it sure seems like its moving around many times a day). Then, one doesnt know how many silvers you need before you go, so one has to carry extra silvers so as to not be short. In my case, I carried 1million silvers, but it turned out I would have only needed 400k. But I didnt know that in advance, and if I hadnt taken extra, the ship would have taken off before I could have made a trip to the bank.

Really as I write that, I got back to, wouldn't make more sense for the shaman to accept notes?
Re: firebird - exploration gameplay and encumbrance 05/26/2015 06:10 PM CDT
Perhaps you could add an NPC, an eccentric trader, in the room with the Shaman or somewhere else on the firebird. The NPC's job is to exchange notes for silvers. He charges in some way for the service

I don't know how involved that would be to create, but perhaps it would be less involved than changing the shaman to be able to handle notes.