A possible horrendous unintentional bug 05/17/2015 02:07 PM CDT
I am by no means the most worldly individual in this game. Not even close.

But I do pride myself on being knowledgeable of the market, the economy, and being savvy at dealing in both.

One thing is on The Firebird that could drastically destroy an entire market corner. I thought long and hard about it, and I assisted, and I felt it was my responsibility to bring it to the attention of whoever controls the Firebird, if anyone does.

You have a wide-bladed steel claidhmore on The Firebird. Sells for about 138k. Decent. Why?
It's +2.
It's Fusion.

Seems like a good deal right? There's one extra thing that makes it absolutely insane.

It's MAGICAL.

I'll say it again. IT. IS. MAGICAL.

There are almost NO magical AND fusion claidhmores in the game. It's either or, 99% of the time. I know of two. One is Faenor, and is lockered, and one is imflass, and is in use. These? Will completely demolish the entire newstyle claidhmore market. That is not to say there aren't more magical fusion claids out there, but they are in no way, shape, or form, the norm.

I say this because a GM needs to know how unbalancing this is. It costs maybe 5-15million to get maybe +23 TOTAL in THW bonuses/ranks orbs. Nothing huge.

A +25 claidhmore newstyle is over 30million, without blinking. This fusion claidh can go PAST that, with current bonus/rank orbs floating around the market.

Please, please, please. A GM needs to review this, and hopefully effect the change that every claidhmore is fixed. This is like the perfect/fusion bug at Ebons Gate in '13. It's OP. It's SEVERELY OP. And it breaks the market/economy of alot of weapons.

If this was intended, I will honestly say it is a terrible addition. If it is not, I will not be surprised.
Re: A possible horrendous unintentional bug 05/17/2015 11:23 PM CDT
We'll be addressing this problem in the next couple of days, maximum. In the meantime, the item has been pulled from shelves.

Auchand

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
Re: A possible horrendous unintentional bug 05/18/2015 10:13 AM CDT
+2 sounds like it was meant to be made of invar, which has always been ruled as having its bonus by nature of its superior workmanship when forging [dwarven steel] rather than by magic.

So call it an invar/mundane fusion claidhmore.

Alternatively/in addition, invar could be switched to be a +2AvD material, like Artisan Forging confers. This would let a perfect invar weapon be +5AvD shifted, before Enchanting; and mundane/non-magical, before Enchanting.
Re: A possible horrendous unintentional bug 05/18/2015 11:17 PM CDT
Players who've purchased one of these terrible claidhmores will be refunded the full value of their purchase.

Auchand

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
Re: A possible horrendous unintentional bug 05/19/2015 06:16 AM CDT
Don't you mean terribly awesome claidhmores?
Re: A possible horrendous unintentional bug 05/19/2015 03:34 PM CDT
>Please, please, please. A GM needs to review this, and hopefully effect the change that every claidhmore is fixed. This is like the perfect/fusion bug at Ebons Gate in '13. It's OP. It's SEVERELY OP. And it breaks the market/economy of alot of weapons.

Won't somebody please think of the children?!

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Because I do."
You say, "Yes. I have a condition called Annoraxia.""