A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/22/2018 09:52 PM CDT
I have had amazing luck with raffles at this fest, but the merchants/characters have also been wonderful with their patience and roleplaying. I am incredibly impressed by the efforts this weekend.

A particular thank you to both Grolf and Moirralynn.

Evrali
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/23/2018 01:24 AM CDT
I'll second this, the carnival has been outstanding thus far!

- Thrassus' Brain
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/23/2018 02:12 PM CDT

I will add a third on this thank you thread..not only are the goods fantastic but the integration of the story-line into the fabric of the entire event is much preferable to 'show up at X time in X place for story time!' setups IMHO. It makes it feel organic and alive. The characters are compelling and interesting..all in all this is an event I hope continues in some way.

Kudos to the everyone working on it.

Sincerely,

~Nichoel, the Muse.

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called Life. ~The incomparable Prince

Discord: Stormyrain#9912
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/23/2018 03:32 PM CDT
<I will add a third on this thank you thread..not only are the goods fantastic but the integration of the story-line into the fabric of the entire event is much preferable to 'show up at X time in X place for story time!' setups IMHO. It makes it feel organic and alive. The characters are compelling and interesting..all in all this is an event I hope continues in some way.>

+1 to this even though the raffles and spinners have hated me so far (there's still the raffle for the lizard, so I'm holding out hope!). I especially liked the invisible girl (Perdu, I think was her name).

The only thing I'd like to see changed if there's a next time is maybe better items in the feeders for the games. I get that it's not a paid event, but even the top level prizes are lackluster for 1000 silvers a play. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular, but if there was some unusual feathers for fletching, woods for forging, fishing items, etc. it would be much more attractive. I did notice the lockpicks in there, but I have so many of those from past EGs I just don't get excited about those.... I love the tarts and truffles though, those are awesome!

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/23/2018 03:51 PM CDT
Just piggy backing on this thread to add a shout out and a thank you to the GMs who have done work and interacted with my characters in Platinum. You've all been patient and fun and it's been a blast. I appreciate the amount of work thats gone into this, it shows in the level of attention you guys have given us needy, greedy players :D

I do feel the whole 'Everyone HAS TO BE HAPPY' schtick is kind of a little tongue in cheek parody of how the head GMs crack the whip with you new guys, and stressing 'player happyness' or something. I dunno if thats what you were going for? But if you were, I got the joke!

So yes. Thank you. You've done well, and all get two thumbs up. Even though I didnt win the two raffles I wanted. :P

Berbels shrilly exclaims, "Ise takings hims tos secretses lairses!"

Berbels grabs you and drags you east.
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/23/2018 05:39 PM CDT
> The only thing I'd like to see changed if there's a next time is maybe better items in the feeders for the games.

I've sang to 4x weapons (multiple types) and containers with significant capacity.

The compasses, toothpicks, and other things are scripted.

I found a jack in the box, well, bunny in the box, that casts skinning. I did not even know there was a skinning spell!

And the parchments ... should all be archived in login quotes or something of the day :)

So ... I'd say this was not bad at all!

~L.

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/23/2018 06:42 PM CDT
I enjoyed my interactions with the GMs in Platinum as well, but sadly I work 10 hrs shifts on the weekend and could not participate as much as I would have liked.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

Whick's body sways back and forth for a bit.
* Whick drops dead at your feet!

Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/23/2018 08:36 PM CDT
Quite the festival indeed! Great job folks!

Now, let's hope that we can see the Carnival come around again, perhaps in a few years when Caligos Isle is over and done we can have a larger Carnival grounds. That would be a great setting for EG I think.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "You will now be known as Blade Durakar, the Palestra."
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/23/2018 08:45 PM CDT
I would say well done to all the new GMs. It was the perfect weekend murder mystery. The storyline was engaging, and all of the actors did a good job keeping us involved and speculating about what was really going on. I hope this 3k has helped to prepare you for the 5k that is EG!
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/23/2018 08:56 PM CDT
While I was not able to attend as much of the carnival as I had hoped, I thoroughly enjoyed what I was able to see - and likewise enjoyed how engaging the various NPCs were. The overall storyline was nicely presented, and I liked how while individual NCPs had their own roles, each still felt as if they were a fleshed out character as well. The amount of merchanting was far more than I expected, and I'm glad to have find more than a few things to buy at the shops. Thank you to the staff (and players) who made it a fun weekend.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/24/2018 02:25 AM CDT
Let me add my voice to the chorus in this song of praise because I thought this event was sensational from start to finish. The teasers on the forums here were outstanding, creating a real sense of who these characters are, and the atmosphere of the carnival itself was great. The shops were excellent too -- I cannot get enough metamorphic clothing! And the amount of interaction and roleplay with the carnival workers and with other players' characters was excellent too.

My only complaint is that I couldn't have been there longer. Thank you so much for a terrific event!

--- Lauren, Lylia's very happy player
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/24/2018 10:46 AM CDT

Big ups to the crew and thanks for all the service hours!

It was fun and interesting but wish the closing had spread us out so we could all add to it. Perhaps each npc could have lead a group on a separate leg or task to thin out the masses.

I love a good demon but this one lacked a build up or prelude.

Characters were super good though!
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/24/2018 11:41 AM CDT
I'll add my voice to the chorus singing your praises. This festival was amazing, start to finish. The characters we interesting, well-played, and appropriate to the setting. Everything felt engaging and cohesive, I felt immersed in way I often am not during these types of events. And the dedication to providing ample opportunity for alteration work and general services is greatly appreciated. Fantastic job, guys.

Player of Kyaloria
@Kyaloria#0165
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/24/2018 01:25 PM CDT
The Carnival was a delight! The Freaks were A-MAZE-ZING! With extra ZING!

I look forward to attending the Carnival of Freaks every year when it comes by!

~L.

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/24/2018 02:50 PM CDT
Add another to the "I loved this event" chorus.

The amount of NPCs present at all hours was impressive, I loved watching them interact with each other throughout the weekend and I enjoyed the heated player debates as things grew to a crescendo near the end. Lots of mystery left unsolved too, which I love. I hope that we get a chance to unravel more of it.

And the shops and amount of services were fantastic too! All around my favorite fest in my brief six months :)

https://gswiki.play.net/Avawren
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/24/2018 06:09 PM CDT

We also enjoyed the festival. The food, the aprons, the shoes, the games, the characters (gm's and non) alike.

Tlaja does a fancy little tap dance.
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/24/2018 07:56 PM CDT
This thread warms my heart.

-Haxus, player of Phestor
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/25/2018 11:13 PM CDT
I also had a really great time at the Carnival. My interactions with Nimudi and Grolf were priceless and really made me interested in the Carnival and excited to log in. Phestor and Upai were a delight to hate on (thanks for taking it so well). I didn't get nearly enough time with Hinklehorns, Sprague, Ziito, Ymantha, Perdu, or Hexxie. My limited time watching Holtum made me laugh so hard. Fantastic sense of humor.

Thank you to all the players and characters who also were theorizing, commenting, and engaging with me and Darcena... and also telling Darcena off. I always enjoy that sort of in character interaction. (Someone has to put her in her place!) It was an enjoyable time sharing information with each other and putting together the pieces.

<3

--Jen
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/27/2018 07:10 AM CDT

I agree about coming back. Would love to see something like this replace Caligos Isle. It had all of the elements that I loved about Feywort Mire and more. The whole Caligos Isle deal left me with a huge Meh feeling. This had the social aspect of people strolling the grounds stopping to talk with old friends. Wandering the wagons and tents together for a bit. The depth of the 'world' was there. The Carnival Troupe engaged with others in and out of town. You truly FELT the place and the underlying tension and pathos of those of the troupe.

There may have been games but I missed them. I love games and the Carnival aspect that Feywort Mire offered. I suppose. I like the Carnival theme. It truly came to life thanks to the amazing efforts of GM's. I saw players stretch their characters deeper into role play which is why I am here in the first place. Otherwise after twenty five years Iseo would be capped as would my girls. I would rather spend the evening being "In Character" than running scripts to hunt and never interacting.

So. Thanks to the players and the GM's for giving me a 'world' to spend a weekend in.
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/27/2018 07:19 AM CDT

You did us all such a great favor by coming to the square.

The whole event was everything we could wish for and (in my opinion) missed with Caligos Isle. If the Carnival came every year I wouldn't miss Feywort Mire so much. Just strolling the grounds and meeting old friends. Some sharing their impressions of the different Members of The Troupe of Freaks allowed Iseo insight she wouldn't have had otherwise.

So you Gm's pushed Role Playing forward more than any other thing in recent years. There was no solitary script digging on a beach. Instead people engaged. Socialized. Caught up on each others lives (in game of course) shared their anger or bemusement or antipathy of the plight of the 'volunteers' for the knife tent. I missed the knife act but I got to see it through other players eyes and Iseo had to decide what she thought about it all. Had to contemplate where she stood. For me, as the battery to my characters lives, I LOVED her having to self reflect.

Outstanding and thank you all for giving my characters a chance to layer themselves. Rare and appreciated. At least rare for me.

Iseo is determined to find a cure for Phestor who she is convinced made it out, "because he is that kinda guy".
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/28/2018 04:51 PM CDT
Just wanted to share, that this was probably one of the most memorable events I've attended. All of the 'Freaks' were exceptionally fun to interact with in their own way, and the story line was very well written. I'm sad that I didn't get to be present for the ending, but all if what I could be there for, was simply amazing.

P.S -- Not certain who was Phestor, but keep a good head on your shoulders and you'll be just fine. (That was one last joke I had brainstormed, and didn't get to share because of my absence on the final night.)

Thank you all for your exceptional work!
Alenix
Re: A huge thank you to the GMs running the carnival 09/30/2018 12:09 AM CDT
Phestor secretly loved groaning at your jokes, Alenix.