Storylines Timeline 06/04/2014 12:38 PM CDT
I'm working on a bit of a major and minor events timeline over on Krakii. I'd like to solicit some help from folks by naming events that might be missing, or if you like, argue if they are major or minor events in Elanthian history.

You can find it here: http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Storylines_Timeline

-J of G
Re: Storylines Timeline 06/04/2014 12:43 PM CDT
I'm not seeing anything about the release of the half-krolvin as a storyline. The Comet Riders and such were pretty big deals. I would think it should at least be lumped into minor storylines if not major.

~Galenok
Re: Storylines Timeline 06/04/2014 12:53 PM CDT
Comet Riders were largely part of the Krolvin stuff on Teras as War of Nations. Those areas need to be expanded, but I kind of lumped them all into the War of Nations section. It's mostly under Czag Dubra, parts of Urutei and the G'Bruk trolls, etc.
Re: Storylines Timeline 06/05/2014 10:03 AM CDT
I would consider War of Nations as the headlining event that G'Bruk, Krolvin invasions (Teras/Rest), and so on happened under.

As I don't have time to fix it at the moment, but the Casler Huntington Saga ran from around 2007/2008 to 2010ish (Maybe it is forever, tho?!). It was composed of approximately three or so chapters, 1) Casler returns and the attempts by Haniks Hallower to catch him for the Empire - 'long with Messers' the DeRichter henchman's attempt to take Casler down; 2) The Second Smugglers War - the struggle between House Rewyn and Lefante, lead by Casler, against the pirate houses, lead in part by Senfa, a former daughter of House Rewyn and now DeRichter lieutenant, 3) and the final chapter, the arrival of the Royal Torren Guard captained by Neyla Cavalae, their attempt to capture Huntington, which turned into a romance while the second (false) coming of G'bruk lead to a trollish army surrounding the town...and ended with G'bruk over, the lovers dead, and everyone pretty much bummed out.

GM Scribes
Re: Storylines Timeline 06/05/2014 10:54 AM CDT
Estrion's attempted coup d'etat isn't listed.
Re: Storylines Timeline 06/05/2014 08:49 PM CDT
Corrected Castler and I added the Estrion story to 1993. I was initially going to stay away from some of the area release storylines because I'd have to consider the Stronghold in Stone Giants with Meyno and Temple Wyneb with the necklaces, but I'm not the end all on this since it's Krakii.
Re: Storylines Timeline 06/05/2014 08:57 PM CDT
I did the Vvrael in an expanded way for Phoenix, the Bregandian's for the Gryphons, plus the War with Jantalar. The Banaltra though I have a lot of information on that isn't presented well elsewhere so I'd probably get to that at some point to flesh it all out.

I continue to add a lot of storyline information throughout Krakii also when I find great bits and pieces of things or find entries missing.
Re: Storylines Timeline 06/06/2014 10:05 AM CDT
There was also a minor storyline in the Rest involving the rabbitnapping of the town bunny. It's how it became on the one-eared rabbit. I believe the story info is on Krakii already.

GM Scribes
Re: Storylines Timeline 06/07/2014 11:58 PM CDT
Do you want some of my Gostahl/Zherr stuff? I did a write up not too long ago for Platinum. It's slightly different than Prime, so I can bold areas where differences were.

Also, would you like some of my Vahmyr/Isle of the Dead stuff?

I wouldn't call either of them major, but probably a little longer than minor.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Storylines Timeline 06/08/2014 12:37 AM CDT
I'm going with yes!
Re: Storylines Timeline 06/08/2014 12:38 AM CDT
Is there a 7 year moratorium on GM Wiki? Those notes would be cool to release.
Re: Storylines Timeline 06/09/2014 10:06 AM CDT
Our retention cycle requires us to print out our wiki notes every third year there's a full lunar eclipse and fifth year there's a full solar eclipse, then use those paper notes to burn down the nearest waffle house sign (THE BUILDING MUST BE LEFT INTACT).

GM Scribes
Re: Storylines Timeline 06/09/2014 12:39 PM CDT
I didn't see a single reference to odd lunar occurrences (hunter or blood or blue moon) nor cometary sightings and halo pass-throughs.

Nor any citations at all of the required chants, incense, and other paraphernalia!

Slacker!
Re: Storylines Timeline - Gostahl/Zherr 06/12/2014 10:22 PM CDT
>>IC:

Gostahl arrived in Wehnimer's Landing by some magical force. He was transported into the small park and claimed to be on a ship, gambling with a mage. When Gostahl had been winning more than his fair share with the mage, he whisked Gostahl off, teleporting him somewhere in the north. Gostahl's story seemed to have some holes in it, but the swindling gambler seemed nervous and relieved that he had been in Wehnimer's Landing.

[PLATINUM]
Bandits began attacking the landing, and Gostahl told adventurers he thought they were after him. Gostahl mentioned the mage was called "the archmage" and that he likely sent the bandits after him. Rahsh stated that Gostahl should hire an assassin to kill the archmage. At that time, Gostahl told those gathered his back story and the truth to why he was teleported to Wehnimer's Landing. He was enslaved on a ship off the coast of Ubl by an archmage named Drilko, a Master Slaver of the Slaver's Guild.

After Gostahl explained the truth behind the archmage, Rahsh, Drud, Jaired, Philnia, Jornaal, and Mirrami agreed to execute Drilko. Drud and Jaired tracked the archmage and his warparty on the trail between Wehnimer's Landing and Solhaven, in a cabin. Adventurers were called to arms, and after overhearing the a conversations by the slavers, they rushed in and took out the warparty.

Shortly after, several freed slaves found their way to Wehnimer's Landing, claiming they were bound by the archmage's powerful magic. Gostahl explained that he was captured, as he was an influential gambler in the taverns along the coastline, and they tried to use him to lure innocent into the slavers grasp. Gostahl was able to escape the archmage's bindings, and that's when he was able to get help from adventurers.
[/PLATINUM]

Time passed, and Gostahl developed a way for gamblers to protect themselves on the road, creating a kit that allowed a person to conceal a weapon in a case that mostly seemed harmless. He began selling them in mass to the people of Elanthia, increasing his notoriety. Gostahl also met up with a dwarf named Hirgur, and they began running games of Dragonbones together. Gostahl eventually gets hired by Lahveew, the Captain of the Albatross, to host Dragonbones and Conquest Wheel.

Word is received that Drilko has been slain in pursuit of an escaped slave. The guild itself can care less about the escaped slave, however, the guild’s Grandmaster is enraged, as Drilko was his brother. Slavers begin searching the coastline for Gostahl, and eventually come in contact with Lahveew in 5112. Lahveew is given an ultimatum to give up Gostahl's location or be exposed for the thief that he is. Lahveew, having owed an enormous debt to keep the Albatross afloat, takes the slavers bribe. He is told to give the Albatross to Gostahl and he'd be resolved of his debts and rewarded handsomely. The Albatross was Lahveew's father's, Rhouk Hexavior, legacy, and he felt ashamed of what he had done. Having a change of heart, Lahveew attempted to warn Gostahl, but went missing the night he attempted to do so. He has been presumed murdered, but a body was never found.

A year passes since Gostahl becomes the new Captain of the Albatross, and he does big things for the riverboat. For one, he renovated the gambling boat, adding new games and a smoother layout. Added new inventory to the shops. Hired new staff. And even hired armed guards. But as time would tell, Gostahl realized there was a plot to capture him, and as the Albatross would travel down the coastline, he would be paddling into a trap.

When docked in Wehnimer's Landing, Gostahl taunts Parlay, a halfling pirate, into a high stakes game, winner takes the other's ship. Gostahl did this to deliberately lose. He immediately renounces his ownership of the Albatross and escapes into Wehnimer's Landing. Jaired met up with the gambler in the alley in town square, where he tells the Lord Marshal that slavers are after him, and he fears his life is in danger. He plans to go under a new alias and clear his name from the Slaver's Guild at any cost.

Gostahl cuts out the tattoo on his neck, leaving him with a rugged scar, and goes by the alias Zherr Riot. He presumably disappears somewhere in the Turamzzyrian Empire.

[PLATINUM]
During Gostahl's absence, Stennis is found to be corrupt and ousted from office. Bandits have been plundering Wehnimer's Landing for years, all while Stennis has been funding an Ivasian brothel in Vipershroud. After an investigation, Stennis is exiled from Elanthia, and his ship is destroyed at sea with him aboard. Another force was also at play, a group known as The Order, assassins that were attempting to clean up the corrupted officials, with some tie in to the Slaver's Guild. When the new mayor, Hraus Felhar, doesn't agree to the terms of working with the local bandits, he discovers that many officials and merchants in town are corrupt. The Chunzt Brothers, the local bandit group, are found and eventually taken out. Hraus learns that the Chunzt Brothers were a smaller group and there are far more dangerous people that Stennis was working with. Hraus is eventually abducted, and Chuk, his capturer eventually leads adventurers on that there are bigger powers at play. Chuk takes his own life instead of facing the wrath of the Slaver's Guild. It's later determined that Stennis may have faked his death. (There are more details on this bit, obviously, not being covered here.)

Gostahl, now Zherr, shows up in Talador to warn adventurers about Kuligar. Zherr claimed he had been hiding out in the empire and there was much to talk about, but not wasn't the time, and once again, disappeared.
[/PLATINUM]

>>OOC:

Gostahl was one of my first NPCs that I wanted to introduce as a community personality in Platinum. When I went to arrive for the first time, I screwed up and used my GM entrance that is the shaft of light. I thought that was sort of goofy looking, so I made the on the spot story that I was magically teleported.

Gostahl Garamo is modeled after Setzer Gabbiani from Final Fantasy 6. His name is a variation of Gestahl the emperor, and Cyan Garamonde, the knight of Doma. His look is modeled after Setzer from Kingdom Hearts. Yes, I do this. Zherr Riot is more unique in his look.

The Slaver's Guild is a nod to one of my favorite fantasy series, The Guardians of the Flame, by Joel Rosenberg. The name Zherr is also a character from the series. As was Chuk.

I enjoy gambling quite a bit, I actually am part of a slot machine hobby group, though it can be an expensive hobby. So playing a gambler was quite fun. Gostahl's Dicing was an evolved version of GM Varulv's Iamal's Dicing. I retired Dicing and went to more of a game that was risk vs reward, Gostahl's Challenge. Gostahl's Challenge is planned for this year, but with the storyline happening, it will need to come when it makes sense.

Outside the known story of Gostahl, there are a lot of side plots that aren't mentioned in the IC telling. The Albatross had a series of storylines each visit to try to move the story, but it was very difficult to change the predetermined outlook of the riverboat from being anything more than a ghost ship. People would say they didn't go on the ship, because they didn't like to gamble.

When GM Vanah began working on the Troubled Waters Quest, I asked her if we could do a tie in to the Slaver's Guild, helping me push the idea of the storyline into an immortalized history of the game.

I have a lot more planned in terms of the Slaver's Guild down the road, but getting there has been a struggle for me. There is also some story bits from The Order I'll eventually address. But Gostahl is officially retired into Zherr.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Storylines Timeline - Gostahl/Zherr 06/12/2014 10:32 PM CDT
Ha. Love the Final Fantasy connection. I'll get this up.
Re: Storylines Timeline - Isle of the Dead 06/12/2014 10:35 PM CDT
>>This is actually my storyboard write up on the event. There were some different actions that occurred, and some minor differences between Prime and Platinum. But feel free to doctor it up for a smoother wiki transition.

Rumors quickly spread that the famed ship, The Greed of the West, has been spotted off the coast of Mist Harbor and may be anchoring close by. Days later, several pirate NPCs (The captain, and two others) enter Mist Harbor and stop for a drink at Shuttlebug Tavern. The captain is very close lipped, however the other two pirates are excited and start spreading the word that they believe they found an ancient treasure on an isle not too far from the coast. The captain and one of the pirates heads back to the ship, while the other remains in the tavern and spills the beans about the treasure. The NPC tells the players present that the treasure is the legendary jewel of immortality.

The pirates depart, and a week will go by before players hear anything else. Rumors will again spread about a raft that was seen in Charl's Teeth which possibly drifted toward the jungle. Players who investigate the jungle will see a raft and two pirates, both badly injured. One of the pirates will go running off as soon as players enter, the other will look quite feverish and coming down with an infection. Players can try to talk to the pirate, but he will remain unresponsive and mutter about things he had seen. At this point, players will hopefully take him to the healer.

Days later, a crier from Mist Harbor will talk about the pirate to the players and explain that he has become very ill. If players investigate, they will discover the pirate has become quite pale and feral looking. As players are there, the pirate will die, but then come back to life as an undead zombie. Players will have the option of killing him or trying to capture him. If the zombie gets away, he will run off. If players kill the zombie, they will find clues to where to find the other that ran off. Skip next section if players kill the zombie...

If the pirate survives, he will raise a large undead army and begin attacking the jungle and Mist Harbor. Players will need to kill the zombie, as well as the army to proceed to next section.

Once players find clues to where to find the other pirate, they will find that the other has grown sick as well. He explains to the players about the treasure. He will say the following:

“The treasure we found was no treasure. It was a curse! The isle is shrouded in blackish green fog, and not mapped by any known cartographers. It is hidden from the world! The captain thought it held the jewel of immortality. But he was wrong! There is a temple on the isle, where the jewel lay. But it is no treasure! A CURSE I SAY!”

“The isle was once used by a Luukosian acolyte, appropriately named, The Isle of the Dead. He has corrupted the isle and cursed the jewel. You must help the others, some were still alive. They sent us to get help. I was a coward and ran. I never want to go back. But now I am sick... You must kill me, before I turn into one of them. Anyone who touched the jewel... Is transformed... The jewel must be destroyed! Please, stop my suffering and help them!”

At this point, players can either kill the pirate or let him suffer. If he changes into a zombie, he will attack players until killed. Players can then investigate Mist Harbor for a way to get to the isle, if they choose. If they continue to ask questions, they will find someone that will claim Vahmyr knows the way. If they question Vahmyr, Vahmyr tells them that he knows of the isle but his ship is in no condition to make the trip. If encouraged, Vahmyr will hire a shipwright and tell the players he will have his ship prepared in a few days time. He will also explain it will be a one way trip, as the ship will need to return to Mist Harbor so it doesn't get destroyed. He will warn them to bring supplies and be warned if they die, they could lose all their belongings, so take only what they wouldn’t mind losing (Platinum droppage warning).

After a few days, Vaymyr's ship will be repaired (somewhat) and players can board. Vahmyr will he there, as will 4 or 5 courtesans. Vahmyr will explain that the girls are sirens and they are will magical guide him through Charl's Teeth. Cidolfhus will also be on the ship, and Vahmyr will explain that he will be going on the isle as well, and Cidolfhus will be sailing the ship back to keep it safe. Vahmyr will also explain that Cidolfhus will return for them in a day, and that it was the only way to keep the ship safe and still be able to join the adventurers. Once they start sailing, the courtesans will begin acting strange (eyes will change to emerald green) and start singing:

“If, you are near, to the dark, I will tell you ‘bout the jewel, that is there, shining in the black abyss.”

“Once you are near, it will come, it will take your soul for good, gone from this place, into bliss.”

“Till the darkness, comes no light, your body will become a husk, to the world, forever you will sleep.”

“You are his, do his work, an eternity must be filled, there is no release, you are now His to keep!”

Once the players make it to the isle, Cidolfhus will head back to Mist Harbor with the Fallen Corsair and they will find themselves in a wrecked campsite. Blood trails lead further into the isle. Down the trail, more blood will be found, as well as limbs and bones. Continuing down the trail, they will find a small temple. At further investigation, it will show signs of Luukosian work, however the isle will be quiet.

Entering the temple, they will find the captain, devouring another pirate. At this point, the captain will notice the others and summon undead, flooding the room with skeletons, ghouls and zombies. The captain will run off into the other room at this point. The players will need to fight off the hordes of undead. Once they clear the area, they can chase after the captain, which will lead them to the cursed jewel. Here, the captain will summon harder undead and attack the players. Once the players kill the captain and undead, they must try to destroy the jewel. Vahmyr will interact, causing him to become cursed. Vahmyr will state that the only way to destroy the curse once in for all is to take the jewel to the grave him him. Vahmyr will explain that the only reason he ever got trapped on the Isle of Four Winds was because he was in search for the jewel as well. Vahmyr claims to have known that the jewel was actually a curse and has spent his days researching its destruction.

Once Vahmyr removes the jewel from the housing it's contained in, the temple will collapse while the players are inside, sealing off the exit. There will be a crack in the wall leading to a treasure vault. Within the vault will be a mini puzzle (simply looking for the exit which will be BEHIND an object). The vault will also contain a treasure pile that players can GET once. Vahmyr will be on the last stages of turning into a zombie, but with the jewel in hand, is granted awesome power. He will claim to know how to open a magical portal leading back to the mainland. The room will also get messaging that the isle is sinking, and water will begin flooding the temple. He will open the portal and tell them to leave at once, and to leave him behind so the curse will end. Vahmyr will tell the players to tell Cidolfhus to take care of the Fallen Corsair. Players will enter the portal and find themselves in the jungle. The portal will seal up behind them, with the last thing they can see being Vahmyr struggling with the jewel, destroying it and perishing in the process.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Storylines Timeline - Isle of the Dead 06/13/2014 11:41 PM CDT
Wyrom, I know you posted these for Librarian Geijon ;) -- but I wanted to thank you for posting them. They were incredibly interesting to read, structurally and content-wise.

~ 19th Annual House of the Argent Aspis Bardfest ~
~ Grand Prize - 10 million silver ~
~ 7/16 - 7/18, Finals 7/21/14 ~
~ Bardfest is not limited to bards! Come share your art! ~
~ Register Here: http://goo.gl/YQypaX ~