Greater Armor and Weapon Moods/Steampunk 12/26/2016 08:35 PM CST
Another request for some off-the-shelf greater armor and weapon mood zested items.. particularly UAC gear.. and also steampunk zested stuff. Maybe at duskruin? Or something stand alone? I'd love a cart with them.
Re: Greater Armor and Weapon Moods/Steampunk 12/29/2016 01:35 PM CST
You mean greater but "empty" in terms of what they do? That would be the only way to sell them off the shelf.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Greater Armor and Weapon Moods/Steampunk 12/30/2016 02:43 AM CST
I think the idea was more in terms of what has been done with spell preps, signature verbs, etc. Stuff that is pre-QC'd and can be sold off the shelf or auctioned/raffled off via normal methods. It's a really cool ability and I realize that the open-ended nature of it caused some issues when they were first unveiled, but I think pre-built items are a good way to get them out to people again. Either that, or a delayed service where someone works with the item creator to build the moods. I know delayed services are frowned upon in a lot of instances, but I think the method works great with this script.

Glurph

>wtrick tslice
You try to stuff your razern morning star in your ear.
Re: Greater Armor and Weapon Moods/Steampunk 12/30/2016 02:52 AM CST

Personally, I'd love to see some "empty" off-the-shelf and then maybe a raffle or set number of spins for something more customized. It's a great script, custom or no, and I've been trying to get my hands on some UAC boots with it for about a year now. Some of the items that went out at various events, like EG a year or two back, with custom settings of this script were sweet, too.
Re: Greater Armor and Weapon Moods/Steampunk 12/30/2016 08:43 AM CST
I'd like to see more of a "socket" type thing on the Steampunk stuff. Find a gizmo (from a hopefully large, and expandable) set of gizmos, you can add it to your (probably armor, maybe shield, not so much weapon) and have it do <something new, or different, or in a new way, or for more times, or whatever>.
Kind of like the gem-eating stuff, only with gears and sprockets.

Give gnomes a bonus to add it in the correct way (more charges, less degradation before it breaks, whatever). We've already got springs from some traps to let us wind things up more; go ahead and add other trap components for other effects.

You can load it up with silver and iron wands (for the electrical charge it needs to run), wind it tighter with springs, find "a notched copper gear" on a creature that <does something>, and so on.

Retroactively update the Mecha-Godzilla armor Mikos did for this past Auction to have top-tier of everything possible (when it has components plugged in), of course. :)
Re: Greater Armor and Weapon Moods/Steampunk 12/30/2016 12:24 PM CST
Premade Greater Moods could happen. The issue with offering them in large quantities is they lose their uniqueness very quickly and people shoot for the moon with them, which is a QC nightmare.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Greater Armor and Weapon Moods/Steampunk 12/30/2016 12:26 PM CST
As for Krakii's idea, I have something VERY similar on my list of things to revamp. I made a "Steampunk fluff" script that I wanted to revamp a bit. It would be fluff though. Functional Steampunk is also something way down my list of things I wanted to work on one day.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Greater Armor and Weapon Moods/Steampunk 12/30/2016 12:52 PM CST
Honestly, I think even "gear-head fluff" would be neat. Having the armature on your full plate buzz and whir when you swing (maybe popping one of those trap springs out into the environment [no ill effects, it just can't happen again until you load up more springs]) or blast steam (if you have an aqua wand loaded) or firey sparks (gold wand) or electrical zaps (silver/iron wand)...

Mid-range tiers start to offer actual benefits? Sure, I'm down.
Springs in your half- or full-plate may help with 'stand' actions, or give a bonus to the "pop to your feet" CMan, whatever it's called.
Blasts of steam partially blind (-10AS) an opponent? Electrical zap give them +1s RT for two actions?

Doesn't have to be earth-shaking, although having multiple effects chain off each other (at the really upper tiers) would be good stuff.
Re: Greater Armor and Weapon Moods/Steampunk 12/30/2016 01:33 PM CST

> Steampunk

Miss Newsby just squealed!

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)
Re: Greater Armor and Weapon Moods/Steampunk 12/30/2016 07:58 PM CST
Can we also get the lesser mood adding again, as well? I know I have a pair of gauntlets that would love that.
Re: Greater Armor and Weapon Moods/Steampunk 01/01/2017 05:31 AM CST

Adding locked standard greater armor and weapon moods to UAC would be awesome.