Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/20/2010 04:09 AM CDT
Hey folks,

Five different enhancive item raffles have been set up in the maze area. Their draw times are relatively close together, but they are late in the evening (they start drawing around 11pm Eastern.) Please see the tickets for further details and exact times.

Additionally, three Oleani roses are up for raffle in the back of Grawood Flowers. They, too, will draw tomorrow (Thursday) in the late evening. Please see the tickets for further details.

I apologize ahead of time for the late-night draw times, but I work sorta late... it's possible I'll miss the draw times, but if I do, I'll be there as soon as possible after them.

~Kaikala

P.S. As noted, this is for PRIME... PLAT's stuff drew earlier in the week!
Re: Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/20/2010 01:04 PM CDT
Do we know what the "very slightly" boost from these enhancives is?
Re: Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/20/2010 01:13 PM CDT
It's +1 or 2 if I recall the Plat ones correctly.

- Andreas

EES Website: http://www.gsranger.net/
Foraging Galore: http://www.gsranger.net/guides/foraging/
PRO Resources: http://www.gsmeetinghalls.com/

Don't feed the troll, it only makes him worse.
Re: Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/20/2010 01:56 PM CDT
I didn't win one, and haven't seen any loresongs, but think I remember hearing folks say they are +2 to the stat, or +1 to the bonus.
Re: Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/20/2010 02:47 PM CDT
The enhancive cloak is +2 to strength stat and +2 to constitution stat.

It does not have a special loresong. When one attempts to sing it...they learn that the cloak smells. It has a couple scripts as well.

Mandy
Re: Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/20/2010 02:49 PM CDT
Seems rather low, especially for a raffle even. Something else about them going on?

“"Mayhem achieved, boredom relieved”"
Re: Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/20/2010 02:58 PM CDT
Thanks for the additional info.

“"Mayhem achieved, boredom relieved”"
Re: Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/20/2010 03:55 PM CDT
Can these (Or are they already) raffles be set up to be attuned like Premium Point enchancives?

I'd love to see all raffles (Especially at free festivals) be setup as attuned to the winner but at the least could enhancive items be setup that way?

B
Re: Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/20/2010 04:02 PM CDT
>I'd love to see all raffles (Especially at free festivals) be setup as attuned to the winner but at the least could enhancive items be setup that way?

I'd prefer not to have to bring five different characters to an out of the way festival, have each of them buy tickets to the raffles for the items each character would use, and then have to frantically log in and out to make sure the right one is in at the right time as the raffles draw in quick succession.

~Becca
Re: Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/20/2010 04:03 PM CDT
I'm against attuning for one reason and one reason only: People will still enter just to win something and then you end up with an item not being used or otherwise being wasted. Never underestimate the desire some people have just to win and possess something.

Some things I can see attuning, but not all.
Re: Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/20/2010 06:13 PM CDT
>I'd love to see all raffles (Especially at free festivals) be setup as attuned to the winner but at the least could enhancive items be setup that way?

B

The winner of the seed pouch had absolutely no idea what it was, yet they entered. I don't blame them, but at the same time, the seed pouch would be perfect for someone like my main, and yet he didn't win.

Being attuned would allow me to never gain something like this, outside of winning a raffle.

-farmer

That's just what we want, criss-crossing furrows all over the town streets from someone wandering through with their animated plow super buddy.
-Strath

Re: Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/20/2010 06:32 PM CDT
>>I'm against attuning for one reason and one reason only: People will still enter just to win something and then you end up with an item not being used or otherwise being wasted. Never underestimate the desire some people have just to win and possess something.

That brings to mind a certain corasine weapon.......and a picnic set....and companion grooming.....

Really, there are a number of people who don't even bother to look at what they are entering. Like they have a script set to buy a ticket should they happen upon a raffle barrel....it is a bit over the top at I think, but that is just how things always will be. Its a shame really.
Re: Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/20/2010 07:44 PM CDT
>>eing attuned would allow me to never gain something like this, outside of winning a raffle.
-- Posted by Ismano

I understand that, which is why I said while I'd love it for everything I certainly understand that will almost assuredly never happen.

However - that being said...I think currently a lot of people enter every raffle they see without a single thought to what it is for the very reason that they CAN sell it later.

If a large percentage of raffles were setup to be attuned, I really think that would curtail some of that mentality. I bet the coraseine winner will be paying a bit more attention to what he wins.

Also, don't forget that about half a very large percentage of high end items go out via auctions (EG and some others). In those cases, the most determined people are always going to come out with an item they want.

The biggest thing though is just that, people who enter raffles solely with the intention of reselling an item. It's pervasive and I think it's a symptom of the larger issue which is slowly eating the heart out of the game: Screw everyone else so you get an advantage.

I think attuning a large percentage of raffle wins can help curb some of that while really allowing raffles to do what they do well - give just about everyone a fair shot at getting something they may well never be able to afford otherwise.

B
Re: Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/20/2010 10:59 PM CDT
Since the items are all drawn now, for those of you who did win items and might be lost on some of the fluffy stuff they do, I figured I'd supply some info so that you aren't grappling (and so that I can give some credit to the original coders of said items, since I thieved some of the scripts!!):

Oleani Roses:
Tap, Rub, Smell, Kiss, Pinch, Close, Open, Gaze, Stare, Clench, Wave, Raise, Pull, and Push. Completely fluffy in nature. These can be altered so long as the noun remains the same, and so long as the adjective includes a color descriptor. A Jharra item.

Sheath:
Holds up to 4 of the hurlable weapons described on the raffle ticket, PUT them in the sheath to drop them in there, TAP to make them spring out. Wear and Remove have some fluffy messaging. Fully alterable in terms of aesthetics. A Khaladon item.

Cloak:
FLEAS. Very short loresong (read: 1 stanza), and a few different messaging results for the Touch verb. Fully alterable provided it remains "shabby" in nature. A Miriani item.

Circlet:
One of the Grawood Flowers circlets - if you are not wearing any temp hair items, then this shows up in your "features" when you're wearing it. Smell (a few varieties), Pull, Turn, and Wear. Fully alterable provided the noun is similar to circlet or garland, and it must remain floral in nature (there are some other things you can set, like the smell and stuff, with some merchant help.) A... me... item.

Hat:
Rub, Push, Close, Open, Pluck, Roll, Scratch, Nod, Nudge, Tickle, Turn, Toss -- note that some of these can be targetted at people or yourself, and some provide different messaging when worn/not worn (some don't have messaging when not worn.) This item is not, currently, alterable. A Modrian item.

Within that, I may have missed a thing or two, but ... more's better'n none!

~Kaikala
Re: Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/20/2010 11:04 PM CDT
Um... and the anklet!
Turn, Pull, Rub, and of course you can add and remove charms from it. Fully alterable provided it remains a charm holder and it makes sense for where it is worn. The charms can be fully altered. A Jharra and Tolli item.

~Kaikala
Re: Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/21/2010 03:43 AM CDT
I don't think I've ever seen a GM post all the verbs / secrets for items like this, even fluff ones!

Take this as a very surprised and sincere than you!

-E
Re: Enhancive Raffles / Oleani Roses Raffle (Prime's Turn!) 05/21/2010 12:34 PM CDT
Cirath actually did that for me with the Gnome/Steampunk auction set I got. It's always nice to not have to guess the verb.

- Andreas

EES Website: http://www.gsranger.net/
Foraging Galore: http://www.gsranger.net/guides/foraging/
PRO Resources: http://www.gsmeetinghalls.com/

Don't feed the troll, it only makes him worse.