Companion alter 05/18/2010 03:04 PM CDT
I was one of the winners of the companion alters, am wondering when the GM will be around to redeam the alter
Re: Companion alter 05/18/2010 05:46 PM CDT

<<I was one of the winners of the companion alters, am wondering when the GM will be around to redeam the alter>>

I noticed that a non-ranger won one of these spots. Will that spot be transferable by the winner, or will that spot be re-spun? (D*****) <--- Name, not vulgarity!
Re: Companion alter 05/18/2010 05:58 PM CDT
Actually, it's two non-rangers.
Re: Companion alter 05/18/2010 07:07 PM CDT
That does pose an interesting question doesn't it. If it's two non-rangers, how can they have a companion altered when they don't have a companion?

-C
Re: Companion alter 05/18/2010 08:09 PM CDT
Personally I hope it's not transferrable. I think raffles for things like companions and sonics should be restricted to profession due to their rarity.

Pinklitudinous anyone?!

~~ 'o (the cleric formerly known as Rohomobo Fash'apos'troph'ilim'inzel Illistim or Rohomobo '''' for short)~~
Re: Companion alter 05/18/2010 08:33 PM CDT
I don't see why they would not be transferable usually raffles that are not transferable are stated that they are not transferable, that particular raffle did not state that it said for animals of the rangerly sort so I do not see a problem if a rangers friend won and had there companion altered as a gift. It did not state this is for rangers as other ranger companion alters have in the past

The voice of Liia says, "The lava tube gurgles loudly, spitting magma into the air
Re: Companion alter 05/18/2010 09:02 PM CDT
I ran across this raffle table and read the signs and warnings several times. I didn't see anywhere that stated it could not be transferred, or was for rangers only, either. Others that I have read, like the one for the property on Teras, state important restrictions. The companion alter did no such thing. I think it would be a very nice gift for someone to win and give to their favorite ranger-type friend. If the signs do not state any restrictions, and anyone is free to enter, then the winners should be able to do what they like with the prize.
Re: Companion alter 05/18/2010 09:12 PM CDT
Would one of the companion alteration winners like to sell their spot?
Re: Companion alter 05/18/2010 09:13 PM CDT
I guess I'm crazy, I can't help but think that, logically, in order to claim the prize to alter a companion, one would actually need to be able to summon said companion.

Otherwise, what's to keep everyone from entering and then quickly auctioning it off to the highest bidder?

I've never known this type of raffle not to be profession restricted. I suppose there's a first time for everything, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was an oversight. Although, I suppose it may not have been.
Re: Companion alter 05/18/2010 09:16 PM CDT
See Above. ^^^^
Re: Companion alter 05/18/2010 10:25 PM CDT
All I could think of was how disappointed I was that I missed that raffle, and then it turns out two of the people who won don't even have a companion....that stinks.

I'm really sick of people entering raffles for things they have no interest in, but so long as there is a profit to be had they will do it I suppose. My personal favorite was a raffle for a picnic set that the person who one had no idea what the raffle was even for.