Maypole 05/14/2010 09:22 PM CDT
>A tall beribboned maypole is silvered by moonlight, as many of the ribbons encircling it are made of bright satins. Just slightly behind the maypole sit the judges, who yawn behind raised hands as they wait for the next person brave enough to venture the climb.

No May in Elanthia. Its called Ivastaen.

There was an event before that had one of these and the word "maypole" was changed to reflect that.

Hugs,

~Jay

"Seriously, when I see "Uninvited" cartoon hearts flutter around my head."
Re: Maypole 05/16/2010 06:13 PM CDT
>A tall beribboned maypole is silvered by moonlight, as many of the ribbons encircling it are made of bright satins. Just slightly behind the maypole sit the judges, who yawn behind raised hands as they wait for the next person brave enough to venture the climb. ~ Jay

Where's this?

~Kveta
Re: Maypole 05/16/2010 06:17 PM CDT
[Grawood Farmstead, Meadow]
Set back and away from the hustle and bustle of the town's center, this fence-edged area is a grassy sanctuary away from the dirt and mud of the streets. A tall beribboned maypole is silvered by moonlight, as many of the ribbons encircling it are made of bright satins. Just slightly behind the maypole sit the judges, who yawn behind raised hands as they wait for the next person brave enough to venture the climb. On the opposite side of the pole is a scoreboard.
Obvious paths: southeast, southwest

Room No. 33

Hugs,

~Jay

Re: Maypole 05/16/2010 06:40 PM CDT
I love the maypole! What a great and simple little addition that provides endless fun.

I'm very sad though that I got knocked off the scoreboard. :(

B
Re: Maypole 05/16/2010 07:26 PM CDT
The concept is great and totally in-genre. The word used is just OOC, thats all.

Maypoles were also called Midsummer Poles. That would be more in-genre.

Hugs,

~Jay

Re: Maypole 05/18/2010 11:05 AM CDT
>>Maypoles were also called Midsummer Poles. That would be more in-genre.

[Grawood Farmstead, Meadow]
Set back and away from the hustle and bustle of the town's center, this fence-edged area is a grassy sanctuary away from the dirt and mud of the streets. A tall midsummer pole shimmers slightly in the sunlight, as many of the ribbons encircling it are made of bright satins. Just slightly behind the pole sit the judges, who chat idly as they wait for the next person brave enough to venture the climb. On the opposite side of the pole is a scoreboard.