Roleplay Month 12/12/2021 09:19 AM CST
The past couple of year's we've seen the advent of roleplay month (in May, I think?), wherein folks are encouraged to ROLEPLAY NOMINATE via a contest to see who gets the most nominations. In addition to or instead of this contest, I'd like to see roleplay month become sort of a "random encounters" month. I'm talking small-scale RP where an NPC might show up anywhere at any time to initiate a short-duration occurrence. Random NPC encounters are my most memorable and favorite GM moments and I'd love to see more of these. Everything from the silly, the tragic, to the mundane. These limited and one-off encounters are accessible to everyone, as typically little to no history or context is required to understand the events.

Another idea for roleplay month: CHEs and MHOs could be encouraged to host events for some sort of extra perk during this month. And to tie it all together, perhaps GMs could be encouraged to bring an NPC to these player-run events to enhance the attendance and experience.

I think we've got some GM training going on, which has lead to some of these random encounters and a few invasions. It's been so fun! I'd love to see more of this.

~Land Pirate Maylan~