Citizen specific events are self-defeating 06/04/2021 10:08 AM CDT
I keep seeing these WPS services that are citizen specific, and it seems like they intentionally avoid the towns that people are generally citizens of. Some people become citizens of this or that town like Ta'Vaalor or Zul'Logoth for RP purposes, but in general, there's little reason to become a citizen of said towns. Furthermore, conducting events like this with obscure citizenship requirements incentivizes people to just script a character to citizenship for the sole purpose of that event. I think the GMs know all this, and thus it means the events are being conducted with a cynical eye to either (a) preventing players from participating or (b) rewarding players who make a dummy citizen for no reason. At a distant third we have the actual citizen of Solhaven or TV that happens to want some WPS and has the money to do so (in some cases, this is a vanishingly small number of people).

Please stop doing the events this way, it's silly and counter-productive. If you want to incentivize people to populate other towns, make new hunting grounds there, and then we'll talk about citizenship-specific merchants.
Re: Citizen specific events are self-defeating 06/04/2021 10:28 AM CDT
Thank you for your feed back.

Just to give you all the information.

ALL towns have been getting a session of citizen only WPS services every 6 months for several years now.

The town gm can do it anytime during the 6 month period. This is not geared towards any one town or a small group of them.

So if your town is not on the calendar yet, watch for it. I have not calendared mine yet, but I usually do TV, TI, and Cysaegir as well as RR and they should show up soon on the calendar.

I can nudge the other Gm's to get theirs up as well.

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves

Avawren ~ I have Survival and a knife. I can work it out.
Re: Citizen specific events are self-defeating 06/05/2021 08:39 PM CDT
As someone who's gone to several citizen WPS events, I can't remember a time that someone didn't get spun (that said, I don't have any icemule or landing citizens). Even this last one a day or so ago in Sol had 24 people (of 25 possible) show up.
Re: Citizen specific events are self-defeating 06/07/2021 10:02 AM CDT
>As someone who's gone to several citizen WPS events, I can't remember a time that someone didn't get spun (that said, I don't have any icemule or landing citizens). Even this last one a day or so ago in Sol had 24 people (of 25 possible) show up.

I'd wager a large sum of silver more than half of those were mules scripted to Sol citizenship for the specific purpose of that event. It's what I've done for the ZL and TV ones.
Re: Citizen specific events are self-defeating 06/07/2021 03:11 PM CDT
Kinda making my point. So what? These still was one slot that wasn't even spun.