Flight of the Manticore: What Lies Beneath 05/26/2021 10:58 PM CDT
A missive from the desk of Talliver Dabbings, Mayor of Icemule Trace. It bears a fresh seal of sky blue wax stamped with a charging mule. The letter is, for once, in crisp condition:

Friends and Comrades,

It is done. The Ravager is vanquished, the krolvin Kyjani confined, and our gnomish troublemakers secured. Icemule Trace is a small town in a lonesome valley, but on this evening, we felt like part of the wider world. I thank you all for coming to our aid when we most needed it. This is a victory from any perspective. But our battles have not been without significant cost, damage, and loss.

This is an ending, but it is not the ending. We have much yet to discuss and decide. The fate of these prisoners is not for Icemule Trace to judge on its own. As this blood-soaked day passes into history, I reflect upon how easy it is to come to battle, and how hard it is to keep the peace. I invite you to join me this Day of the Huntress at 9:00PM as the elves reckon time. We have much to celebrate, but also much to contemplate.

Talliver Dabbings
Mayor of Icemule Trace

OOC: As krolvin forces advanced on Icemule Trace, Mayor Talliver Dabbings admitted to his trusted allies that his previous missive had been a ruse to lure the krolvin Kyjani there so that the Ravager could be dealt with for good. One force of brave adventurers countered the krolvin at Icemule Trace's gates, while another delved into Icemule Trace's subterrain, where the gnomes Hauptwhistle and Fiddlestix were said to be kept.

As Mayor Dabbings predicted, Kyjani used the fog of war to slip into town so that she could deal with the gnomes herself. She was intercepted by the adventurers, and after making her way in to the gnomes' alleged safehouse, it was revealed that the gnomes were elsewhere, and that the safehouse had been designed to trap her.

Meanwhile, the fighters at the gates pursued the Ravager, which had reverted to its bestial nature while deprived of a pilot. They drove it back to its den in the Western Dragonspine, which Hauptwhistle and Fiddlestix had rigged to detonate. The gnomes reluctantly triggered the detonation, burying the Ravager under tons of rock. The Imperial Drake Aludria brought the fullness of her magic to bear to further seal the beast within.

The World Team has been pleased to present this month's ongoing storyline, Flight of the Manticore. Please join us for one last hurrah as we bring this exciting adventure to a close this Friday!

05/28/21 @ 9:00PM ET - Icemule Trace

Auchand