Epic Logs of Epicness 04/01/2015 04:13 AM CDT
There's a gajillion threads hidden beneath threads in this folder, so it is hard to find what I'm looking for if it exists. Is there a place where logs are being kept of the major stuff that happened at the end of Cross Into Shadows? While I meticulously recorded as much of the background effects as possible from the Confluence, I was reminded earlier that I never really saw the storms that happened in CiS. (Blood rain not included, witnessed much blood rain.) I vaguely remember some of the Melgorehn's Reach messaging, but did not try to save them at the time.

This one Greganth posted back in January, with the random rifting during the golem invasion, is the only thing I have right now: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Quests%60Sagas%60Events/Cross%20Into%20Shadows/thread/1681994?get_newest=true

- Xorus' player
Re: Epic Logs of Epicness 04/01/2015 09:40 AM CDT
Most of this is after Walkar went all Death Knight on us. I got most of them save the 2nd and 3rd I referenced as placeholders, but didn't have the verbatim. If you read my logs I always kept all his messaging in.

There is a massive amount. He did new stuff for nearly ever key night or segment.

A priestess of Lorminstra walks by, handing out loaves of bread to townspeople gathered around her. Once the food runs out, the priest speaks calmly to the crowd then wanders off.

sneaky eyed kobold

soldiers pulling bodies

A woman's forlorn cry resonates nearby as she screams to the heavens, cradling the body of her husband found among some rubble.

A small boy with bare and dirty feet wanders nearby, tears streaking down his cheeks as he clings tightly to a small bloodstained stuffed bear.

A dirt-covered man walks slowly by, his tired eyes full of sorrow as he carries the body of a small child wrapped in a tattered cloak.

A dirt-covered man walks slowly by, his tired eyes full of sorrow as he carries the body of a small child wrapped in a tattered cloak.

A young girl wearing an oversized militia uniform walks by, carrying a wounded puppy that can barely lift up its head. The girl finds a half-eaten morsel of food and selflessly feeds it to the animal before they wander out of sight.

*A man walks by, carrying the bodies of two small children, their tiny frames broken. A woman stands in a nearby doorway, then rushes over to him when she sees him. The woman falls to her knees, grabbing the children into her arms and kissing their lifeless faces, sobbing and screaming! "Damn you Walkar, my babies! My babies!"

*The man helps his wife to his feet, as militia arrive to help carry off the bodies. The woman collapses into her husband's arms, sobbing as he carries her back to an empty home.

*An elven thief snatches some trinkets from a shop, and begins to run when a dirt-covered man near some rubble rushes at him! The man screams in rage, grabs the bandit by the face and slams his head into the rubble! Again and again, the man smashes the thug's head into the stone, splattering red mist over the rocks.

*A woman presses her child against a building and stands before him. She holds a loaf of burnt bread in her hands. A giantman thug grins wickedly as he approaches, waving a jagged blade. He reaches out, snatches the bread and the woman screams. The giantman pushes the woman into her son, laughs and then runs off as militia round the corner.

*A town guard steps up to Moot Hall, clutching a torn and bloodstained toy doll. Tears build in his eyes, and fall upon the toy in his hand. He shouts at the Hall, screaming to the heavens before throwing his militia badge at the front door of Moot Hall. He holds the doll to his chest, clenches his jaw and storms off.

The thick black smoke of funeral pyres rises up from behind the Temple of Lorminstra. As fine specks of grey ash fall near the smoke, a faint mournful weeping can be heard.

Pushing or pulling wagons, a group of militiamen move through the area, slowly loading their carts with some of the broken up stone and debris that have recently been dug through.

A young boy and girl stop by a pile of rubble nearby, gently placing their damaged toys on the ground. The two children manage weak smiles and begin to help clear away what debris their tiny hands allow.

A dark-eyed halfling searches around some nearby ruins, quickly pocketing a few silver coins. Upon noticing a gaunt woman nearby, the halfling sighs and gives her the coins.
Re: Epic Logs of Epicness 04/01/2015 04:50 PM CDT
<<There is a massive amount. He did new stuff for nearly ever key night or segment.>>

I figured. This one with the rifting and lightning had a lot I could use, I was expanding the Wiki article on flow storms now that The Confluence is settled.

What about the "breath of Luukos" Felstorm incident in River's Rest a couple of years ago? It rained monsters from the sky.

- Xorus' player
Re: Epic Logs of Epicness 04/01/2015 05:45 PM CDT

>>What about the "breath of Luukos" Felstorm incident in River's Rest a couple of years ago?

I can probably dig some of that out of backlogs. I will check.

I have some logs of interesting weather regarding Stone/Althedeus from a few years ago, but it likely would not further your research.

Snowflakes that look like puppies, kittens and musical notes are probably not exactly up your alley here.

- Guards haul off the stupid corpse. -
Re: Epic Logs of Epicness 04/01/2015 06:45 PM CDT
<<I have some logs of interesting weather regarding Stone/Althedeus from a few years ago, but it likely would not further your research. Snowflakes that look like puppies, kittens and musical notes are probably not exactly up your alley here.>>

Right. Though I did include the blood rain, because hey, blood rain. ;)

- Xorus' player

>"'Cause there's a side to you, That I never knew, never knew; All the things you'd say, they were never true, never true. And the games you'd play, you would always win, always win. But I set fire to the rain, and I threw us into the flames. When it fell, something died, 'cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time!" - Adele the Aelotoi Bard
Re: Epic Logs of Epicness 04/02/2015 03:28 AM CDT
<<If you read my logs I always kept all his messaging in.>> - Geijon

Oops. I just (re-)found your mega-logs of the CiS finale. The scenes under Melgorehn's Reach turned out to be consistent with what I expected.

That Cthulhu-like depiction of the Ur-Daemon was fascinating. It's what the ICE version of Fash'lo'nae looks like in his natural form.

- Xorus' player
(whose Ur-Daemon cultist refers to them as "Older One")

>"'Cause there's a side to you, That I never knew, never knew; All the things you'd say, they were never true, never true. And the games you'd play, you would always win, always win. But I set fire to the rain, and I threw us into the flames. When it fell, something died, 'cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time!" - Adele the Aelotoi Bard
Re: Epic Logs of Epicness 04/02/2015 10:44 AM CDT
>>Oops. I just (re-)found your mega-logs of the CiS finale. The scenes under Melgorehn's Reach turned out to be consistent with what I expected.

Why are you doing research? Do I need to dispatch assassins? Hmmmm....

-GM Kenstrom-
Waylayer of Wehnimer's Landing
Human Guru
Giantmen Guru
Re: Epic Logs of Epicness 04/02/2015 11:30 AM CDT
<<Why are you doing research? Do I need to dispatch assassins? Hmmmm....>> - Kenstrom

I'm afraid that's probably necessary. Preferably.. wait for it... SHADOW assassins!

- Xorus' player

Re: Epic Logs of Epicness 04/02/2015 01:45 PM CDT
Did someone says Assassins? I haz logz of them tooz.

http://www.gshousephoenix.com/Enlightenment/Library/The%20CoL%20Files/TheCulling.php