A Most Cruel Fate 01/30/2015 12:18 PM CST
In a world without concealer, you've given characters the worst ever case of dark under-eye circles. That's just cold.

(Seriously, I'm excited about what those little black veins portend and how my character's going to react to them when she sees them the first time. Fun!)
Re: A Most Cruel Fate 01/30/2015 12:45 PM CST
Buh?

Can you elaborate a bit OOCLY? (So I know how much chocolate to have later when I bring Stormy in)?

Thanks,

~Nichoel, the Muse.

Nature of rebellion, means to an end. Sometimes men are tempted by money and power and they forget what end they're serving. ~Brendan Roarke, SOA Irish King

AIM: LdyStrmyRn
Re: A Most Cruel Fate 01/30/2015 12:49 PM CST
Speaking for myself, Falvicar has had the cold shivers, but he has seen shadowy hands grasping at Regwen a time or two at the Hearthstone Steps (of course, it really wasn't happening, but Falvicar's eyes sure were telling him it was). I'm guessing you're referring to those effected by the Shadow Realm?

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: A Most Cruel Fate 01/30/2015 01:06 PM CST
>>In a world without concealer, you've given characters the worst ever case of dark under-eye circles. That's just cold.

At least you're not a Falvi-bold...yet.

-GM Kenstrom-
Waylayer of Wehnimer's Landing
Human Guru
Giantmen Guru
Re: A Most Cruel Fate 01/30/2015 01:22 PM CST

Sure thing. (This is all OOC anyway. You can tell by the apostrophes and exclamation points and smiley faces :) !)

I popped into the game to check on something to do with the tea kettles and got a message from Aeavenne's player to look in the mirror. Apparently, those who went into the shadow valence to confront Althedeus -- or at least some of us who did, not sure if it's everyone -- now have a little extra something in their appearance: "She has small black veins beneath her eyes."

I'm not sure if that's "beneath" as in "under the surface" for an effect kind of like the black oil alien goo from "X-Files" or if that means the general under-eye area, but Aeavenne and Lylia both have these marks. While I didn't go anywhere but to the tea room and to a couple of shops and lockers, it'd surprise me if everyone who went into the shadow realm didn't have these too.

Lylia's player
Re: A Most Cruel Fate 01/30/2015 01:25 PM CST
After the whole visions things the other night I was hoping that would be the 'worst' of it for Stormyrain...if I remember correctly Lylia and Aeavie both had visions that night too---pfft.

I'll keep hoping she's not afflicted! And it's just all one big coincidence...

~Nichoel, the Muse.

Nature of rebellion, means to an end. Sometimes men are tempted by money and power and they forget what end they're serving. ~Brendan Roarke, SOA Irish King

Re: A Most Cruel Fate 01/30/2015 02:56 PM CST
>After the whole visions things the other night I was hoping that would be the 'worst' of it for Stormyrain...if I remember correctly Lylia and Aeavie both had visions that night too---pfft.

Masrath also had a vision, something about lettuce leaves that were strewn around the porch and turned black and nasty like the apples. I remember it because I recall saying, "I knew lettuce could go bad, but I did not know it could become positively evil." (I just slay me.) I'm not sure if Aeavenne had a vision later, but Lylia definitely did, although her vision was decidedly less emotionally charged than Stormyrain's. Of course, Lylia's not going to give in to a bunch of whispers, but it does look as though those mild after-effects of a trip into the shadows may not be as mild as we thought.

Still not sure what it means, if anything, but I'm 100 percent sure we'll have a blast finding out!

--- Lauren, Lylia's player
Re: A Most Cruel Fate 01/30/2015 03:31 PM CST
>Masrath also had a vision, something about lettuce leaves that were strewn around the porch and turned black and nasty like the apples.

The owl says he's sorry about the lettuce.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: A Most Cruel Fate 01/30/2015 04:14 PM CST
For now, Stormy is veinless.

And yes that vision was particularly evil -_-.

~Nichoel, the Muse.

Re: A Most Cruel Fate 01/30/2015 06:17 PM CST

Lylia just got people calling her name. It was pretty much the "Am I bothering you? I'm not touching you!" of shadowy whispers, whereas Stormy clearly got the "Why are you hitting yourself? Why are you hitting yourself?" version which is much nastier. (Why yes, I was the youngest child in my family.) Those were harsh! Poor Masrath probably still can't enjoy a salad, come to think of it.

Speaking of which, please apologize to your owl on Lylia's behalf, Raelee; two or three times, I talked to or nodded at a white-winged impostor and not that magnificent barn owl.

--- Lylia's player
Re: A Most Cruel Fate 01/30/2015 09:09 PM CST
>Speaking of which, please apologize to your owl on Lylia's behalf, Raelee; two or three times, I talked to or nodded at a white-winged impostor and not that magnificent barn owl.

The owl says he forgives you. (But he also says a blueberry muffin wouldn't hurt...)

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: A Most Cruel Fate 01/31/2015 12:24 AM CST

A wild elf woman stands in the corner of your eye, holding her round, curved belly. Twigs hang loose in her hair, and tears stream down from her pale willow green eyes. Sticky blood covers your hands, and a jagged wound rips across her abdomen.

Kenstrom.... Thanks, bro. I might have trouble sleeping for this one. and I went into a real dark place to try to explain that one. I think it was sort of an interesting interpretation of the vision.
The one killing that hapenlok regretted. A lot.

I'm BACK, BABY!

The other vision that happened was a basically a young wild eyed elven boy covered in mud and blood. pointing at me and weeping.
Re: A Most Cruel Fate 01/31/2015 10:12 AM CST
>>In a world without concealer, you've given characters the worst ever case of dark under-eye circles. That's just cold.

At least you're not a Falvi-bold...yet.

-GM Kenstrom-
Waylayer of Wehnimer's Landing
Human Guru
Giantmen Guru

I thought the Order of the Falvikobs to rule the world was hush hush top secret? ;-)

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: A Most Cruel Fate 01/31/2015 10:36 AM CST
>In a world without concealer, you've given characters the worst ever case of dark under-eye circles. That's just cold.

False.

~Eugenides, Worstest Under-Eye Circles Everer

The town guard says, "Just when I think I've seen it all, someone like Eugenides walks by and well...." The town guard nods to you.
Re: A Most Cruel Fate 06/08/2015 11:52 PM CDT
Yup, I think Eugenides wins this round... hah.

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: A Most Cruel Fate 11/12/2015 01:18 PM CST
So I havent noticed any whispers or any of that messaging from going into the shadow realm on Fyre for awhile now, was wondering if something happened to end it all and fix everyones minds? I don't really hang around landing plus my comp was down for a few months Just wondering if I missed something.

Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: A Most Cruel Fate 11/13/2015 05:28 PM CST
So I havent noticed any whispers or any of that messaging from going into the shadow realm on Fyre for awhile now, was wondering if something happened to end it all and fix everyones minds? I don't really hang around landing plus my comp was down for a few months Just wondering if I missed something.

I would assume that you haven't missed anything directly related to the Shadow Realm and its dark whispers, given that Cross into Shadows concluded almost a year now. Oh, how time flies... heh.

The periodic echoes of weirdness people were experiencing afterward seem to have slowed down and stopped quite some time ago (and most of the features/scars "healed"), although who's to say when Kenstrom might get up to some shadowy shenanigans again. If I had to guess, however, I'd say that those were probably just trickling side-effects of having crossed into the Shadow Realm... 'cause, you know, chaos and all that.

Recap (in case you missed it):

At the end of CiS, the Shadow Realm was assaulted in tandem with a couple of other groups, who (IIRC) were tasked with taking out/monitoring Cross and the Golem on this side of the fence. Althedeus was presumably defeated for keepsies in the space between its own world and ours before it could cross over, although I'm sure there remains plenty of speculation (IC and out) on the viable permanence of that. The portal between worlds was also presumably sealed immediately after. I've seen no indication that Althedeus' demise didn't take, however... and I imagine that if such were the case, I -- or someone in a similar position -- would have probably had some vague inkling by now, given Crux's very intimate and insanity fueled affiliation; AFAIK, however, nothing's been hinted at up to this point. I have my theories and related RP, of course, but that's another story entirely.

Recently, the focus has been more on continuing to deal with the Rooks, sporadic Krolvin invasions, and various Empire-related politics. Puptilian is now mayor of Landing, and he's doing his best to quell ongoing tension between the Imperialist faction and various anti-Imperialist (and/or contrarian) groups... or individuals. On a distant but related tangent: there's still Stone to deal with, of course, and the question of what happened to Aralyte, although that last part may be more of a curiosity to some than others.

-- Wheels & Skulls Department

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart... Angry, wild, and raw. I am not afraid of the dark." -- mia hollow
[ https://carrionkissingchaos.wordpress.com ]
Re: A Most Cruel Fate 11/13/2015 07:19 PM CST

thanks for the update
Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""