Some Thoughts 01/24/2015 05:00 PM CST
It's been about a dozen years since I've posted, or even read, the Forums. Or played GS, for that matter.

Back in July, I came back after a very long hiatus.

I was impressed by several things about this chapter of the storyline:

- How inclusive the event was. In "the old days" events were almost exclusively limited to small groups of players; the Gryphon Sword War, Terate's opening of the Rift, Thurfel's attacks on Icemule, and even Sankir's attack on River's Rest. In seems like Kennie went out of his way to attempt to engage as many characters as possible in the storyline.

- How Kenstrom paid attention to developments for characters specifically and reacted accordingly. Personalizing things this way was damned impressive. Creepy too, but mostly impressive. There were a lot of personal moments of the storyline directed at Brakian and, for the most part, they impressed me and ultimately kept me engaged in the storyline. As a returning player, that was pretty friggin amazing.

- Kennie's willingness, in general, to split the focus across a lot of different characters was also impressive and a welcome sight after seeing the older events, as I mentioned above.

Overall, the event has impressed me. I'm looking forward to see how things continue. I'll be sticking around much longer than I originally thought I would.
Re: Some Thoughts 01/24/2015 07:06 PM CST

Okay, my unofficial death tally for the entire story line was probably about 100-125.

I didn't come in until the end of part 1.

And I really think my character came full circle.

Was happy to see some different people involved in the story....I was a little surprised that I got a Stone vision, to be honest.

That wasn't to say that I didn't have some moments of extreme frustration.

Rescuing Stone almost resulted in a rage quit.

And I felt a little underwhelmed by the Althedus hunt. Seemed like it should have been more ...dramatic than it was ....but I'm a babbling idiot anyway.

3-way finale went great.

I went from 48-96 on this. Like I said....full circle.

So...when do we get to kill Makarov?...I mean Stone.