A perspective 01/14/2015 02:14 PM CST
I was raised in a woodsman's homestead, on the outskirts of the forest. My father, Quillian, spoke to me often of his adventures and of his home in the Landing. When I came of age, he gave me his things, for he was 'quite done with them' and passed them along to his heir. The day I arrived in the Landing, wide-eyed and nervous, a golem dropped from the sky and stuck me down.

It was my first taste of this conflict that has been raging for years now, and I was bewildered and frightened. My impulse was to run home, to find father and curl into the safety of his lap, yet I endeavored to persevere. A friend I found, a magnificent Great Lady who took pity on my plight and sheltered me, bringing me into her amazing family. Many friends I found, and I grew to understand the plight that this beloved town was under. I resolved to do my part, as inexperienced as I may be, and defend it with my life!

Numerous times the enemy battered us; from the sky, from the sea, and at the gates, yet we stood firm and repelled them, again and again. Little aid was I against the mighty golem, or the cruel krolvin and their black ships, yet I was there, hiding and watching from the shadow, putting out fires where I could and supporting the pylons with all of my strength.

Then it came, the final assault. Too young was I to be of assistance in aiding sir Cryheart and his band in direct repulsion of the enemy, but I ran everywhere, from pylon to pylon, adding my strength to keep them powered and driving the airships from the sky. I was sent into the shadows, to watch the docks for sign of ships, and was there when the krolvin landing and issued forth. I watched in terror as the defenders arrived and clashed with the mercenaries from the black ships, cheering as they were driven back into the sea time and time again.

I patrolled the streets, clashing with the wandering dead within the city, setting their tormented souls to rest where I could. At the end, I was at the brass tower, watching without truly understanding that the war may be over, and learning with sadness of the demise of Walkar Wellington.

Somberly I gathered with the town at his grave, listening as many said their farewells and recounted many tales. My heart ached to speak as well, yet who was I to do so? I knew not this man, save for tales from those about me. If I had taken that step, found the courage to speak, it would not have been of Walkar Wellington.

It would been of you, the people of the Landing.

While it is clear that many of you took strength from him and honor him as a friend and leader, I say it is all of you that are the true heart of this town. You are its life and its strength, and it is you that I honor.

With great respect,

Brairleaf

---
The player is new, the account is ancient. Quillian has retired, but his offspring continue the good fight!
Re: A perspective 01/14/2015 02:21 PM CST
I enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing.

-The mind behind Rowmi's eyes.
Re: A perspective 01/14/2015 02:31 PM CST
Awesome post.

-GM Kenstrom-
Waylayer of Wehnimer's Landing
Human Guru
Giantmen Guru
Re: A perspective 01/14/2015 05:54 PM CST
Thank you Rowmi and Kenstrom. It was from the heart!

Briar

---
The player is new, the account is ancient. Quillian has retired, but his offspring continue the good fight!
Re: A perspective 01/18/2015 01:47 PM CST
Fantastic post, always love some insight into Raelee!

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: A perspective 01/18/2015 03:21 PM CST
>Fantastic post, always love some insight into Raelee!

What'd I say?!

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: A perspective 01/19/2015 10:21 PM CST
>>What'd I say?!

HAHA, I totally meant to say Briarleaf, but it was stupid late and my brain just saw the horse head when I was replying and, ipso facto, filled in Raelee's name instead.

IT'S THAT FRIGGIN' HORSE HEAD, MAN.

Amended to "fantastic post, Briarleaf." I like your writings as well, Raelee, but those would be elsewhere.

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: A perspective 01/19/2015 10:27 PM CST
>IT'S THAT FRIGGIN' HORSE HEAD, MAN.

Ponies rock. You know it.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: A perspective 01/20/2015 12:06 AM CST
I love ponies!

...and there you have it.

- mia hollow