Earl Jovery's Decree - "Getcha Law Books Out" 01/13/2015 11:41 PM CST
Hendoran soldiers slowly move their way through the streets of Wehnimer's Landing, light flakes of snow falling from the sky.

A soldier declares, "Sir Thadston will arrive momentarily!"

Sir Thadston rides through the gates of Wehnimer's on his dark brown steed, a handful of Hendoran knights following behind. He trots towards Moot Hall.

Sir Thadston rides into view, dismounting his steed and stepping up near Moot Hall.

You see Sir Thadston Andrews.
He appears to be a Human from Hendor.
He is very tall and appears to be mature. He has bright steel grey eyes and tanned skin. He has short, wavy golden-brown hair. He has a clean-shaven face and a broken nose.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a silver-edged black steel helm in his right hand.
He is wearing a flowing brown leather cloak, a mithril-bound steel shield emblazoned with the image of a blue phoenix rising on a field of silver, a silver-tooled black cloth pack, a suit of silver chainmail, a stamped mithril ring set with the crest of blue phoenix rising on a field of silver, a mithril mesh scabbard, some soft dark cloth trousers, and a pair of polished black boots.

[Town Square, East]
Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see the night watchman, the sparkling Stormblaze disk, the purple Kizzik disk, the Neovik disk, an armored Hendoran soldier, an armored Hendoran soldier, an armored Hendoran soldier, an armored Hendoran soldier, an armored Hendoran soldier, an armored Hendoran soldier, an armored Hendoran soldier, an armored Hendoran soldier, an impish aurora spirit that is flying around, a mirthful sunburst spirit that is flying around, a gold-flecked grey brushwood wolf, a depressed ocean spirit that is flying around, the Kaedra disk, the Crime disk, a forest wolf, the Khristal disk, the Balantine disk, the Roelaren disk, a black-tipped twilight grey wolf, a shadowy dire coyote, the violet Nithaxius disk, the Jook disk, the Cryheart disk, a red-tailed hawk, a large purple wooden barrel and a stained table setup with quills and ink jars.
Also here: Headmistress Stormyrain, Sir Thadston, Lord Stormblaze, Jynai, Kizzik, Lord Sempernox, Neovik, Grand Lord Masrath, Lord Chamorr, Roblar, Archales, Journeyman Elementyl, Anyauma, Brakian, Maags, Lady Veni, Vault Guardian Fyrentennimar, Sareyna, Glyhne who is sitting, Rowmi, Aiska, Lady Lylia, Xorus, Magister Raelee, Roswiec who is kneeling, Bekke, Ephya, Katiesa, Goldtree, Svantai, Kaedra, High Lady Evia, Sir Bristenn, Tumbu, Malikh, Goldstr, Phever, Headmistress Surofee, Great Lord Kraytorh, Lord Crime, Yieshia, Fyonn, Sarvia, Puptilian, Lord Barzillia, Lady Khristal, High Lady Roelaren, Lord Balantine, Jonks, Grand Lord Radeek, Seomanthe, High Lord Turinrond, Lord Altheorn, Greganth, Grand Lady Aurla, Elbromo, Lady Psyryn, Nithaxius, Jook, Clunk, Sir Cryheart, Chairman Shirkon, Great Lady Ichiko
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west

You turn towards Thadston and render a sharp salute with your black pennant.

With a graceful movement of her hands, Evia lowers her head and sinks into a formal curtsy before Thadston.

Drawing her left leg behind her right, Maags briefly dips into a respectful curtsy before Thadston and bows her head.

Cryheart says, "Good evening, Sir Thadston."

Surofee curtsies to Thadston.

Aiska nods respectfully at Thadston.

Thadston takes a silver-edged black steel helm off his head.

Puptilian bows respectfully before Thadston, his eyes fixed firmly on the ground.

Kraytorh bows deeply at the waist, honoring Thadston.

Raelee nods slowly at Thadston.

Thadston says, "Good evening, everyone."

Thadston says, "Citizens of the protectorate, fellow brothers in arms, Sirs and Dames, thank you for your time this evening."

Thadston asks, "I understand you are set for a burial soon, of our once cousin Walkar Wellington?"

Lylia replies, "It is a good evening indeed when the snow falls white and not red."

Thadston nods.

Thadston says, "I am sorry for your loss. While the man made many mistakes, his tales of bravery were not uncommon."

Thadston says, "I have a decree from the Northern Sentinel, and I shall answer any questions for a brief time, then allow you to mourn your once leader."

Thadston asks, "Sir Cryheart, thank you for answering the call for this meeting. Who of the Gryphons are present this night?"
Thadston peers quizzically at Cryheart.

Cryheart says, "Balantine, Geijon, Goldstr, Evia, myself."

Cryheart says, "And."

Cryheart asks, "Hmmm..where did he go?"

You point at Shirkon.

Cryheart gazes in wonder at his surroundings.

Cryheart says, "Ahha."

Cryheart says, "Shirkon."

Cryheart nods at Thadston.

You raise your black pennant skyward with triumph.

Thadston nods.

Thadston says, "Well met."

Goldstr exclaims, "Well met Sir!"

You nod at Thadston.

Goldstr turns towards Thadston and renders a sharp hand salute.

Balantine quietly says, "Greetings."

You say, "A better meeting this one hopes, Sir Thadston."

Thadston removes a sealed scroll from his cloak, breaking the seal, and slowly rolling it open.

Thadston clears his throat.

Raelee surreptitiously glances at Bristenn.

Bristenn leans back.

Thadston says, "By Decree of the Lord Sentinel of the North, Earl of North Hendor, and Lord Protector of the Broken Kingdom and by grant of his Imperial Majesty, Emperor Aurmont Chandrennin Anodheles, Lord Jovery hereby orders the following:"

Surofee rubs her chin thoughtfully.

Thadston says, "That, the Barony of Talador, immature in its nobility and inexperienced in its pride, shall be deemed a protectorate of the Earldom of North Hendor. So as the laws of North Hendor, so shall be the laws of Talador, so as the good nobles of North Hendor rule wisely with approval of the Sun Throne, so shall they now rule wisely over Talador and her people, and all this shall remain until the time arrives when the Earl of North Hendor nominates the barony as adequately prepared to rule herself to His Majesty, and His Majesty grants such nomination."

A light snow drifts silently to the ground.

Thadston says, "That, among the principled Lords of Hendor who shall be granted dominion over Talador and her lands, Sir Thadston, raised to the Order of Llaestal's Guard, shall forthwith be sent to the northern lands under the claim of the Sun Throne, and there build and command, an outpost in the Landing of Wehnimer, protectorate of Tamzyrr, gateway of the North, and so shall remain at said outpost until a time deemed proper by the Sentinel Jovery, Earl of North Hendor."

Fyonn releases a slow, low whistle.

Bekke looks at Thadston blankly, at a loss to express herself.

Greganth gives a short little hum of surprise.

Stormyrain's eyes glaze over as she stares, unfocused, into the distance.

Seomanthe raises an eyebrow.

The voice of Masrath says, "There it is..."

Goldtree stares at Thadston.

Radeek swears long, loud and well.

Lylia murmurs, "I see."

Maags slowly empties her lungs.

Ephya closes her eyes for a moment.

Roelaren blinks.

Thadston says, "That, in augment to the soldiers of Hendor, who shall be under the command of Sir Thadston at said outpost, there shall be the knights of the order formerly recognized by the Sun Throne, now stricken from the tomes of Immuron, the Order of the Silver Gryphon."

Surofee blinks.

Thadston says, "By command of his Imperial Majesty, all oaths and services of such knights as made previous to the Baron Dunrith Malwind, the Swan Lord, shall be as if they were made to Lord Jovery, Earl of North Hendor. So proclaimed by His Majesty, so it was and now shall be."
Speaking to Thadston, Radeek says, "Like hell it will."

Thadston says, "In recognition for prior chivalry and noble sacrifice, of misplaced obedience in the orders of chastened parties, these knights will be granted the right to pay homage to the Northern Sentinel or to such representative as the Earl selects."

Phever rests a gentle hand on Radeek's arm.

Bristenn furrows his brow.

Thadston says, "At such time as the Lord Sentinel of the North chooses, Earl Jovery of Hendor may nominate said knights to be released of their obligations, that the Order of the Silver Gryphon shall be written anew in the tomes of Immuron, and trusted once again as loyal servants of the Sun Throne."

Aiska bites her lip.

Thadston says, "So it is ordered, so it is decreed, and so it shall be."
An ethereal golden collection bowl drifts out of Katiesa, then vanishes.

Sarvia laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

Thadston rolls up his parchment, stuffing it into his cloak.

Speaking quietly to Lylia, Brakian asks, "Familiar words, neh?"

Speaking softly to Thadston, Gingie says, "This isn't right, nor will the people of the Landing obey this rule."

Radeek says, "Hmmm...kiss some butt...keeps yer spurs....hard choice fer some...easy fer othas."

Surofee confusedly asks, "What... what does this mean?"

Lylia mildly says, "I believe I heard something of the sort some years ago, yes."

Brakian quietly says, "Spoken by a different Earl, however."

Speaking to Thadston, Puptilian asks, "Will the outpost be at the Gryphon's hall or inside the walls?"

Speaking to Surofee, Sarvia says, "It means it's going to get very ugly."

Speaking to Surofee, Svantai says, "We're being invaded 'diplomatically'."

You raise your hand.

Thadston says, "Lord Geijon, a question?"

Thadston furrows his brow.

Bristenn clearly reasons, "People. Calm yourselves, and allow the floor to Geijon."

You say, "This is a public meeting per our request. Please allow Sir Cryheart to respond as necassary before making assumptions."

You nod at Thadston.

Speaking to Radeek, Puptilian says, "Not what I heard. I heard outpost. I did not hear the Earl say they control the town."

Speaking to Ephya, Lylia says, "I believe that is the document he had in his pocket, yes. Of course, I cannot prove such. This is no mere embassy, either, a plan I would have championed."

Thadston says, "I will address your questions, for a brief time."

Thadston nods at Cryheart.

Elbromo says, "Probation."

Roblar agrees with Puptilian.

Elbromo smiles.

Brakian quietly says, "And now, the Gryphons seek to barter away the Landing's sovereignty."

Thadston says, "At least this evening. I would not wish to delay further your ceremony for Walkar."

Cryheart asks, "Only question now...where will the outpost be placed?"

Speaking to Puptilian, Radeek says, "Dats how it starts...nex thin ya knows ya has a yoke on yer neck."

Fyonn says, "I would be interested in hearing the Gryphons' own side and explanation here."

Thadston says, "Scouts have begun work on locations, we will seek your wisdom as well."

Cryheart asks, "And, Baron Malwind was nae consulted?"

Thadston says, "Baron Malwind is aware of the decision, but the Northern Sentinel does not need one of lesser station to take action."

Speaking to Thadston, Puptilian says, "There is the spot Talador cleared during their...time...here. Less work for you to clear a spot."

Radeek says, "Rise up folks.....sends deez peacockers home wit' der tails tween der legs."

Thadston says, "I own land in Talador now."

Thadston nods at Puptilian.

Speaking to Thadston, Lylia says, "I am certain you do."

Speaking to Thadston, Puptilian says, "I can show your scouts the spot if needed."

Jynai softly says, "How else would you be paid but in land and titles..."

Thadston says, "I understand your reactions, and do not take kindly to this."

Speaking pointedly to Svantai, Raelee says, "Baron Malwind himself is of half-elven blood. The Edict has never been very solidly enforced in the North. Do relax."

Thadston says, "Both Talador and those Gryphons, who are Knights, did not adhere to the Earl's commands."

Speaking to Radeek, Puptilian says, "Until the Empire has action directly against this town I wll not bring alarm. As of now they do not take over the town. To my point is, the moment they start to affect this town I will agree then."

Speaking to Thadston, Greganth says, "There is a lot of work to be done to our town, before we can commit man power to your outpost, your men can of course offer to assist us in the rebuilding and sleep in your tents until such a time that we can assist you with your building, but to do so before we see to our own, would be a sever mar on your presence here."

Thadston says, "For that, the Northern Sentinel has taken actions to correct the course, and in time, Talador will once more rule itself, and in time, the Gryphon Knights will once more swear themselves to Malwind, the order restored to the tomes in Immuron."

Cryheart says, "Sir Thadston, quick reply....to not following orders."

Brakian quietly asks, "Interesting. The Gryphons sound as if they want to conscript us to man this "outpost." Who elected them as officials of the town?"

Maags says, "I was expecting a goodbye."

Thadston says, "We will aid in rebuilding of your city, as best we can."

Surofee angrily says, "After all they just accomplished, the way this town banded together to overcome these vile threats that were before us? You're going to pull the rug out from under us all? Just like THAT?" She snaps her fingers and clenches her fist, moving toward Sir Thadston, but one of the guards steps in front of her, and pushes her back.

Thadston says, "We are not here to occupy your town, and the outpost will be built outside of your walls."

Speaking to Thadston, Radeek says, "Ye'll aid in nuthin....cart yer horse lovin arse back whar ya came from."

Speaking to Radeek, Puptilian says, "So do what...raise up, get more towns people killed over what? Your petty fear that we have zero basis on yet? The earl has been fair to this town and has not order then in charged."

Thadston glances at Surofee.

Thadston asks, "Are there no other defenders in this town, except Gryphon Knights?"

Speaking to Surofee, Turinrond says, "Best to stay calm."

Thadston peers quizzically at Cryheart.

Bristenn clearly reasons, "We are not your conquerers, people. We are your neighbors, and we are here to both aid you and honor the protectorate treaty signed more than a decade ago."

Bekke says, "I am a defender of this town."

Surofee clenches her fist.

Speaking to Thadston, Puptilian says, "There are many defenders."

Bekke raises her chin slightly in a show of defiance.

Aurla softly says, "You’re looking at us."

Speaking to Thadston, Jook says, "I am a defender, as well."

Speaking quietly to Thadston, Goldtree exclaims, "We all defended this town...this world!"

You say, "Calm please."

Roelaren says, "We all defend this town."

Lylia says, "Even if we do not gather like a flock of roltons under one shiny banner."

Maags says, "Everies one of us."

Elbromo says, "Hmm I see this outpost will get along just ducky with our local Rooks chapter."

Speaking to Thadston, Katiesa says, "Even some very small ones."

Greganth says, "The Landing Defense Irregulars serve this town."

Jynai softly says, "Most of who you see before you are defenders of this town."

Cryheart says, "We swore and oath...and Earl Jovery, who knighted me personally, at the end stated I was to continue my charge."

Speaking softly to Thadston, Gingie says, "Yes there is all of the people here defend this town."

Rowmi whispers something to Surofee.

Thadston says, "Yet you were commanded not to fight, and Talador was commanded not to march. Both courses shall be corrected, in time, all will return to normal."

Thadston nods.

Cryheart says, "But, I will adhere to the new orders."

Balantine quietly says, "We took an oath to defend the townspeople here, command or nae commmand."

Speaking to Thadston, Turinrond asks, "Sir. All of this is in response then, to the Orders of the Empire not obeying their orders, then?"

Cryheart says, "I am sure this will be corrected in time."

Thadston says, "I am sure it will as well."

Speaking to Thadston, Puptilian says, "Your first action should be to look into the church in Talador. We have seen signs here of corruption from the church in talador."

Radeek menacingly says, "I'se sure it will too."

You say, "Sir Thadston."

Thadston says, "My first action is in Wehnimer's Landing, with all due respect."

Thadston nods at Puptilian.

Thadston asks, "May I be...blunt?"

Ephya asks, "Why stop now?"

Ephya shrugs.

Bristenn simply states, "It is the only language they understand."

Thadston says, "Your town has been a hot bed of dark magic, chaos, and a sanctuary for imperial enemies for over a year."

Thadston says, "With that recent history, and the...power of Melgorehn's Reach, you cannot expect it would not draw more eyes from the Empire."
Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says something you don't understand.

Cryheart says, "Vleg as an example."

Speaking contemptuously to Thadston, Goldtree exclaims, "And it is also the place of the Empire's salvation! We beat back Cross and Althedeus!"
Speaking quietly to Glyhne, Raelee says, "... those involved in the death of Berniah Kestrel."

Thadston says, "We are here as your allies, I assure you."

Goldtree growls ferociously!

Speaking to Cryheart, Glyhne says, "That's one.."

Thadston says, "Hendor is NOT Hochstib."

Surofee scowls.

You comment, "Sir Thadston."

You say, "We were pressed to make what we felt was a right decision over perhaps a lawful one in th' eyes of th' empire. I will offer you our banner until such time th' Earl, in his wisdom, seeks to restore our acceptance. Accountability is not something our Order's members would shirk."

You offer your black pennant to Thadston.

Speaking heartily to Thadston, Chamorr says, "BOOOO."

Lylia asks, "We are not responsible for Althedeus. If a volcano appeared beneath the Sun Throne, would we take that as a sign that you were all a bunch of filthy fire mages?"

Thadston has accepted your offer.

You nod at Cryheart.

Thadston bows to you.

Cryheart nods to you.

Thadston put a black pennant emblazoned with a ruby red silk gryphon in his brown leather cloak.
You bow to Thadston.

Speaking softly to Thadston, Gingie asks, "Did Walkar agree to this?"

Speaking uncomfortably to Gingie, Fyonn says, "Not to speak ill of the dead, but I think Walkar gave up his right of consent after Talador."

Speaking to Thadston, Neovik says, "I'll be even more blunt. Time to see the Empire burn now that Cross and the Shadow are gone."

You turn towards Cryheart and render a sharp hand salute.

Maags says, "We ended the chaos with yous help thank yous veries muchlies. We are fine now on our own."

Neovik smirks at Thadston.

Speaking to Thadston, Radeek says, "Yer punishin folks who fought ta saves lives...yer takin ova a free town...an yer men's gonna pays da price, marks m'words."

Surofee nods at Maags.

Thadston says, "The Gryphons remain an order, and in time, with a corrected course and demonstrated loyalty, their name will once again be recognized by the Sun Throne."

(Aiska says nothing, a monument to impassiveness.)

Ephya says, "We recognize their names now.. as the ones who helped save this town."

Roelaren says, "We recognize them as honorable."

Thadston says, "Those Gryphons, who are Knights, their command now lies to me, and their oaths to Earl Jovery."

Speaking diplomatically to Thadston, Rowmi says, "Thank you kindly for your efforts on the glacier. I do hope your outpost remains eyes and ears at most. We certainly do not wish to see more violence."

Here and there a snowflake flutters down.

Thadston says, "In time, they may return to the Swan Lord of Vornavis, Baron Malwind."

Lylia says, "And I believe I shall exercise some of that freedom now by awaiting the memorial service and leaving you to your plots and schemings."

Rowmi nods at Lylia.

Puptilian says, "I have two words to all this. It all comes down to: Past Choices."
Thadston says, "Good evening to you all."

Bristenn faces Thadston and smartly brings his right fist up to his chest. Holding it there, he bows deeply.

Speaking kindly to Thadston, Bristenn offers, "Cousin, honor always."

Cryheart bows to Thadston.

Goldtree quietly exclaims, "The Landing is free!"

Radeek says, "An dat's da sound a freedom dyin."

Maags looks thoughtfully at Cryheart.

Thadston climbs atop his steed, putting on his helmet and riding off towards the gates.

Jynai softly says, "Welcome to the landing....."

Speaking to Goldtree, Puptilian says, "As of right now it still is. No new laws were past, no new changes to the city itself is changed."

Cryheart says, "Folks, let's go to Lorminstra's temple...we hae an important function to attend."

Surofee quietly says, "If the children were here, I'd let them kick his shins."

The Hendoran soldiers bow, and march off.

Elbromo says, "Probation fer da Gryphs...occupation fer da town..in probably somekinda 'purification' to follow."
Re: Earl Jovery's Decree - "Getcha Law Books Out" 01/14/2015 12:37 AM CST
*This is for perspective only

3/19/14
We are not without pause or great concern in regards to the Tragedy of Talador and the role the leaders of Wehnimer’s Landing have played in it. It is of no surprise that We receive more and more news from Wehnimer’s Landing, none of which bring any good light to the town beyond our borders. Actions that We cannot allow to be ignored.
Estoria sails under a call to arms for justice, and We will not act to deter their resolve. We will not however support unnecessary war in the north, when our greater enemies grow more dangerous and bold during our squabbles. By imperial decree, We command Vornavis to set its sights to the seas and prepare for escalating krolvin conflicts. We hereby command Talador to reconsider its quest for revenge, yet offer our sympathy for their loss. More blood will not wash out the stains of tragedy. We will not act to prevent, but nor will we support any crusade, and instead will seek future measures to bring the leadership of the protectorate of Wehnimer’s Landing into better alignment with the interests of the Turamzzyrian Empire. In addition, We have dispersed Hendoran resources to aid Mestanir in its troubles along its border.
Regardless of what is to come, We command the knights of the Order of the Silver Gryphons to stand down, deeming their involvement in any conflict as additional complications in an already fragile situation.
Signed,
His Excellency Eddric Jovery
Defender of the Faith
Earl of North Hendor
Northern Sentinel of the Turamzzyrian Empire

And a fabulous explanation from GM-Lydil

1/8/14
The Landing is not officially part of the Turamzyrrian Empire. That applies both now and in the past, though Baron Hochstib might argue otherwise if he were still alive to do so. The confusion over this likely stems from the term Turamzyrrian Protectorate. This is the term the Empire uses for Wehnimer's Landing for several reasons. The first reason is that the Empire views the Landing as being its sphere of influence. The second is there is the long standing relationship with the town, which dates back to the alliance formed with the Barony of Vornavis during the war with Hochstib. And during the final months of that conflict both Vornavis and North Hendor did render aid and troops to the Landing, helping to free it from Hochstib's illegal occupation of the town, and fighting alongside the people of the Landing to bring down the mad baron. So that forms the basis for the term. With those reasons in mind, it can be codified as the Empire viewing the Landing as a protectorate, which then secures its interests and sphere of influence to any that might move against the Empire. This stance and term also saves the Empire the trouble that would come from actually annexing the Landing and making it part of the Empire.
The other thing to keep in mind is that it was a ranking official of the Empire who used the term "Turamzyrrian Protectorate of Wehnimer's Landing" and not someone from the Landing. Had it been an official of Wehnimer's Landing making a statement, I believe you would get a different viewpoint on the matter.

The only mention I have of it is from 2/28/12 from GM-Auchand explaining the disappearance of Magister Vectrus Kestrel Ranheles. I have a log of me saying it in 2011 so it leaves me to believe that the Provost of Solhaven, Paidreg Venquinor, and Baron Dunrith Malwind's cousin was the first to make the distinction around 2009 during the Solhaven Cataclysm.

Lydil, Scribes, Mikos, Auchand, or Kenstrom can probably confirm and provide cool insight too.

-That dude with logs.
Re: Earl Jovery's Decree - "Getcha Law Books Out" 01/14/2015 04:55 AM CST
Thadston asks, "May I be...blunt?"
Bristenn simply states, "It is the only language they understand."
Thadston says, "Your town has been a hot bed of dark magic, chaos, and a sanctuary for imperial enemies for over a year."
Thadston says, "With that recent history, and the...power of Melgorehn's Reach, you cannot expect it would not draw more eyes from the Empire."
Speaking in Faendryl, Lylia says something you don't understand.

That was good for a few hours of Dark Elven seething.

- Xorus' player

The vereri says, "You have no reason to fear me, Xorus."

The nedum vereri smiles soothingly at you. You feel your resistance melt away!
d100 == 1 FUMBLE!
Re: Earl Jovery's Decree - "Getcha Law Books Out" 01/14/2015 09:02 AM CST
I CAN'T WAIT TO CONQUER ALL OF YOU

[LNet]-GSIV:Rhaz: "Aiska needs to come with a warning label"