I'm Dreaming of a White Freeport, or, Symbol of Turnin' in a Winter Blunderland 01/08/2015 12:43 AM CST
SNOW IN VORNAVIS!
A sight familiar to any hardened Hendoran huscarl, the waters of Solhaven Bay turned to ice, the crests of waves caught still like the brushstrokes of a Tamzyrrian fresco! The coast of Vornavis is used to minor cold snaps, but rarely this cold, as the ceiling lowered and snow began to fall over the capitol city of the Barony of Vornavis.
With little warning, a small undead horde descended into the streets of the Freeport of Solhaven! Initially responding, Sir Bristenn and visiting adventurers from the savage north repelled wave after wave of undead handily until none remained! Vornavis again stands strong, the Swan Guard preparing to muster to join the Phoenix Banner in the fight against the gathering dark armies to settle the fate of the North once and for all.
Rumor has it that some mercenary brigands of the north, formerly bound to Elithain Cross, the foul villain and mastermind behind the War of the Yawning Shade as it has come to be called in some corners of the Empire (others include An Cogadh Dubh amongst the Dragach clansmen, the War of the Breaking Coast, and in seedier circles the Gentryfall), were spotted outside of Solhaven where they were unwittingly and painfully affected by dark forces. Whatever was birthed from their due suffering however was quickly dispatched by with no small amount of irony other mercenaries of the north.
Rumor also has it that what brought on this attack was a gathering of those same frontiersmen in the Temple to the Godking to pray at the Altar of Crowns. Why exactly remains unseen, and some apparently did not make it out alive, though no regular clergy of the temple were available for comment on the ruckus.

and le ooc summary: commune went awry-ish, the SHADOWS! interceded and began taunting the adventurers. The adventurers flung barbs right back. The SHADOWS! decided to teach them a lesson, which included hypnogerms, strangely sharp arrowheads and whole bunch of moulis. The Bay froze over, it snowed, aaaand undead attacked (and were beaten to hell).

Bam summary.

-james, bristenn's player

You think to yourself, "FFF-"
A giant white bunny hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
You evade the bolt by a hair!

Re: I'm Dreaming of a White Freeport, or, Symbol of Turnin' in a Winter Blunderland 01/08/2015 07:32 AM CST

Realizing I am just a layman in all of these things, but man, the weather we have.. rain, snow, deep freezes. It is really amazing. I do remember one year that it snowed the entire year, no summer at all that year.

Now, if someone only had some relic that controlled the weather, I bet they could so something like this. Oh wait.

~The red-robed summoner steps forward, bows respectfully, then steps back. His hood falls back slightly and his dark sea blue eyes stare out from the shadows. He grins wickedly, then steps into the shadows.
Re: I'm Dreaming of a White Freeport, or, Symbol of Turnin' in a Winter Blunderland 01/08/2015 11:43 AM CST
Good zombie fun. Goldtree and a few people are planning on heading down again tonight to pray at Imaera's temple (big RP thing for Goldtree with turning away from Imaera in the past, returning to her this year with all the shadow stuff, seeking forgiveness before entering the Shadows, yada yada). Hopefully I don't get a moulis in my belly again ;) anyone is welcome to join, and thanks to Hadya and company, as well as the GMs, for making the ceremony fun last night! And only killing me once!

Ryan, Goldtree's handler

"It's not like we're going to die or anything"
*Goldtree just bit the dust!*
Re: I'm Dreaming of a White Freeport, or, Symbol of Turnin' in a Winter Blunderland 01/08/2015 05:09 PM CST
Love the summary! Um, Freeport looks good in white?

Katie learned the commune spell years and years ago and cast it for the first time ever last night. And before it was all done, Solhaven Bay froze over! I am SO not waiting 18 years before the next time.

>>Random side note: At the time, the spell was "320 Prayer of Commune" and the documentation said (among other things) -- "A deity is known to respond in an ethereal manner many times and the best response you can usually expect is a prepositional phrase. You can be assured, however, the answer will be the truth if there is one."

Yeah. Nice prepositional phrase.

>sym of thought Thanks, everyone, I'm touched...
You concentrate on the Symbol of Thought.
>
The Symbol of Thought begins to burn in your mind and you hear Daryann thinking, "Yeah, well we're all a little touched. :>"
Re: I'm Dreaming of a White Freeport, or, Symbol of Turnin' in a Winter Blunderland 01/09/2015 03:29 AM CST
Love the summary! Um, Freeport looks good in white?
Katie learned the commune spell years and years ago and cast it for the first time ever last night. And before it was all done, Solhaven Bay froze over! I am SO not waiting 18 years before the next time.

Me too, on lovin' the summary. And I'm always down to play Life-or-Death [or Cake!] Roulette with the Powers That Be, if you ever want to test those chops again sometime...

"Bring me your suffering. The rattle roar of broken bones. Bring me the riot in your heart. Angry, wild and raw. Bring it all. I am not afraid of the dark."
- mia hollow
Re: I'm Dreaming of a White Freeport, or, Symbol of Turnin' in a Winter Blunderland 01/09/2015 09:27 AM CST
>>Me too, on lovin' the summary. And I'm always down to play Life-or-Death [or Cake!] Roulette with the Powers That Be, if you ever want to test those chops again sometime...

You should know by now that, with Kenstrom, the option is always only 'or death'.
After all, he is most definitely not Church of England.

-KEIOS
Keios is pretty amazing. ~Wyrom

Re: I'm Dreaming of a White Freeport, or, Symbol of Turnin' in a Winter Blunderland 01/09/2015 09:48 AM CST
Furious that I missed this. Furious.

Good show, everyone.

[LNet]-GSIV:Rhaz: "Aiska needs to come with a warning label"
Re: I'm Dreaming of a White Freeport, or, Symbol of Turnin' in a Winter Blunderland 01/09/2015 08:39 PM CST
>>Katie learned the commune spell years and years ago and cast it for the first time ever last night. And before it was all done, Solhaven Bay froze over! I am SO not waiting 18 years before the next time.

This is so awesome, and because you shared this, let me share a little of what happened with your Commune from my side of things...

I was about to log off for the night, having just finished a staff meeting. I happened to catch the successful commune and thought hey, let me do a couple quick messages for her. Then I peeked in and saw four billion of you, all in Koar's shrine, all praying to different gods.

Well, let's just say this turned into a huge night of spontaneous fun for a bunch of of us working behind the scenes that night. I'm super glad everyone enjoyed it. Well, everyone except Koar, apparently.

~GM Liia
Team 3P ASGM, Paid Events Guru

Elanthia's derpiest rolton bleats anxiously!
Speaking to Elanthia's derpiest rolton, you say, "Oh, shut it."
Re: I'm Dreaming of a White Freeport, or, Symbol of Turnin' in a Winter Blunderland 01/10/2015 02:09 PM CST

Well, let's just say this turned into a huge night of spontaneous fun for a bunch of of us working behind the scenes that night. I'm super glad everyone enjoyed it. Well, everyone except Koar, apparently.

Psssst.... you forgot Ronan! Ohh and other arkati too <grin>

That night was awesome, thank you Liia. I was having a really bad day that day and that night reminded me why this is my escape :-)

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: I'm Dreaming of a White Freeport, or, Symbol of Turnin' in a Winter Blunderland 01/10/2015 03:19 PM CST
>> This is so awesome, and because you shared this, let me share a little of what happened with your Commune from my side of things...

Warm fuzzy sharing all around. Thanks, Liia!!

>On how some things don't change (from a wedding in 5096):
Damangherik whispers, "Had to skip the 'if anyone knows any cause why these two should not be married..."

Damangherik whispers, "With the usual crowd, someone would think of something."
Re: I'm Dreaming of a White Freeport, or, Symbol of Turnin' in a Winter Blunderland 01/10/2015 09:13 PM CST
>>Psssst.... you forgot Ronan! Ohh and other arkati too <grin>

I didn't forget! But that was Koar's shrine! If a bunch of people came into your house and started talking to everyone else, you might get testy, too.

~GM Liia, wants to blow up more candles.
Team 3P ASGM, Events Manager

Elanthia's derpiest rolton bleats anxiously!
Speaking to Elanthia's derpiest rolton, you say, "Oh, shut it."