Commencement of Coraesine Forest; Feedback 05/14/2018 06:51 PM CDT
Overall, this was a great event! Major thanks to all of the staff who put in, and in a number of cases, are still putting in, the work to make the nuts and bolts come together for it! I hope that you had as much fun with it as I did.

The mix of spins and auctions did leave some people out, and some people did have the luck, but the number of big items & services was pretty amazing. With a group of wonderful people working together to spread out wins based on specific needs and wants, most of the people I play with came away feeling very happy. Watching the level of individual demand for a few of the auctioned items was definitely entertaining: Hope the big spenders like their wins! The W/P/S smithy for silvers was a big win: While I have a very items waiting for Duskruin, next month, it was fun to have this chance to get some of the things I want done, in case those smithy invitations are slow to come my way, again.

The funpauses and crashes were somewhere between frustrating, and humorously reminiscent of GSIII days, depending on what was coming up. Thankfully, the game never stayed down terribly long, so I'd say that turned out a bit more on the side of amusing, than irritating.

My one gripe I voiced, and got a very quick response. I think my points were fair, to whomever has the call on that particular issue, but the responsiveness was gratifying. Thank you!

I'd love to see this sort of thing happen again, sometime down the road. I'm glad, though, that this level of event is infrequent, because it's exhausting to play, too!

In terms of silver pulled, were expectations met?
Re: Commencement of Coraesine Forest; Feedback 05/14/2018 10:14 PM CDT
More feedback:

My luck was not on this time around, but them's the ropes. Due to my relatively low purchasing power, I wasn't expecting anything, so I was not disappointed in that respect. I got enough of a sense in advance that this would be above my pay grade such that I never got my hopes up to begin with.

I expected a lot more of these to go out via auction rather than spinner. I was very pleasantly surprised. I liked the mix. I also liked that raffles were not used as a selection device, due to the crashing issues.

I like that there were a number of things going out that I could have afforded had my luck been better, in large part because my gear is not in the upper echelons, but also because there were some neat things going out for sub-20mil.

The staff working the event seemed to take the infrastructure upsets in stride rather well and did a great job of catching up on Saturday when crashes and longer-than-expected service redemptions put them behind. Kudos to everyone who bearded this particular dragon and were working the trenches this weekend.

I am usually extremely allergic to crowds and massive screen scroll. While there were certainly periods of eyebleed, for the most part the service offerings I attended were sedate despite large gatherings of people and I was able to follow group whisper conversations easily. The efforts made to keep the scroll to a minimum are vastly appreciated.

The WPS Smithy being available for general use was excellent. That I was able to spread a small amount of services around on large number of items (altitis is a disease) pleased me greatly. Thank you for making this available. :D

Also great: provided schedule of services, signs. The wiki contributors. People helping each other get stuff.

On the subject of things I'd like to see more of at future events of this nature:

- Advance ballpark pricing for more things that had a flat price or were starting at a certain price threshold (auction reserves/min bids). Knowing where more of the high end stuff would start would probably be appreciated by those who might be jonesing for X service for years.

- A player-accessible tool like the Smithy assistant that can check a provided item for various service additions and give an idea on what to expect it to cost. Variable pricing is understandable, but I think it would be worthwhile in time savings and expectation setting for a great many people to be able to self-serve a quote. This would potentially allow players looking for X service to avoid being caught flat-footed and jaw-agape when adding +5 TD to their vorpal armor of awesome turns out to be quoted at six times their net worth, and perhaps save some live merchant time as well.

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: Commencement of Coraesine Forest; Feedback 05/15/2018 10:37 AM CDT
> The efforts made to keep the scroll to a minimum are vastly appreciated.

+1 to this. I really really appreciated the efforts to suppress screen scroll, and I'd like to request similar mechanics at future events like Ebon Gate. Specifically I was happy to see the spell stripping and familiar / companion gating. Silencing mechanics are less fun, but I do appreciate them when I'm standing in a room with 200+ people.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Commencement of Coraesine Forest; Feedback 05/15/2018 10:56 AM CDT
Would it be possible to do something like add a "crowd" verb, such that in a Silenced room (as so many of these were over the past weekend) we could be able to see:
Leader Status Count Special
Luxelle OPEN 35 people Town Crier
Maylan CLOSED 15 people MHO <whatevername>
Ardwen OPEN 4 people House Arcane

And so on.

That way we might get a bead on which group to join in order to be sociable, and with the correct folks.
Re: Commencement of Coraesine Forest; Feedback 05/15/2018 11:26 AM CDT
People join groups and talk at these events?!? What have I been missing. I've been standing there all alone this whole time!

Also, as much as I did like the spell stripping portal, I did dislike that it sripped off Spirit Servant, Call Familiar, and whatever the other ranger companion spell is. Our familiars/critters were already restricted from coming inside, just a pain to lose a cast on a custom 920 familiar because you are going to a festival. Just my 2 cents.
Re: Commencement of Coraesine Forest; Feedback 05/15/2018 12:40 PM CDT
Hah! I'm pretty much NEVER in a group at events...

You did forget the Cryblob, though.

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: Commencement of Coraesine Forest; Feedback 05/16/2018 06:35 AM CDT
Just echoing this comment that it sucks to get your custom familiar stripped. All-in-all a great event!
Re: Commencement of Coraesine Forest; Feedback 05/16/2018 07:43 AM CDT
Regarding familiars, can't you refresh the spell after you enter?
Re: Commencement of Coraesine Forest; Feedback 05/16/2018 08:52 AM CDT
I had a great time. My only gripe would be that even though item and silver passing were okayed, merchants on the whole gave very little to no time to sell one's spot. If it's okay, then a couple of minutes should be allowed for that to happen. Thanks to all who made this event possible.
Re: Commencement of Coraesine Forest; Feedback 05/16/2018 09:07 AM CDT
Regarding familiars, can't you refresh the spell after you enter?

There's but a handful of permanent familiar talismans. For the rest of us, we have to use perishable talismans that have ~15ish or so charges per talisman to summon the custom familiar that was set in it. Once inside you can't refresh the familiar as it no longer exists, you'd have to re-summon it from the talisman wasting a charge. But then if you have to run to the bank to get silver/notes and come back in you are then using ANOTHER charge. Definitely not a fan of this mechanic, especially when they already have it set to not allow familiars to pass the room. Not sure if the spell stripping script for portals can exclude spells or not though.
Re: Commencement of Coraesine Forest; Feedback 05/16/2018 01:47 PM CDT
Next time this is held, can we consider adding katanas to the list of black ora/white ora upgrades? Please? Claids and naginatas I understand, but katanas? Please, please, let this happen.

#bardlife
Re: Commencement of Coraesine Forest; Feedback 05/16/2018 01:49 PM CDT
I forgot to add another little touch I really enjoyed: the player-planted trees from a previous Coraesine event. I went through and found several old buddies, and reached out to a couple of them to let them know that their tree was a live and well.

~Land Pirate Maylan~