bubble flares 05/13/2018 01:22 PM CDT
The bubble flares were advertised, on the wiki, at least, as masterfully damage padded flares. I won this service, and my weapon is giving me the messaging for heavy damage padding...
Re: bubble flares 05/13/2018 01:25 PM CDT

>The bubble flares were advertised, on the wiki, at least, as masterfully damage padded flares. I won this service, and my weapon is giving me the messaging for heavy damage padding...

here is the post that the wiki was based off of:

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/World%20Events,%20Festivals,%20and%20Storylines/Commencement%20of%20Coraesine%20Forest/view/231

does say MDP
Re: bubble flares 05/13/2018 07:56 PM CDT
What messaging are you talking about? There is only different messaging once it gets to phenom.

Wyrom, PM
Re: bubble flares 05/14/2018 08:46 AM CDT
wiki lists bubble flares as either heavy or phenomenal. Mine matched the messaging for heavy (steadily vibrating), so I assumed it was heavy. Are you saying that these flares are MDP, a new tier of bubble flare that has no specific messaging to relate that information?
Re: bubble flares 05/14/2018 10:33 AM CDT
>>wiki lists bubble flares as either heavy or phenomenal. Mine matched the messaging for heavy (steadily vibrating), so I assumed it was heavy. Are you saying that these flares are MDP, a new tier of bubble flare that has no specific messaging to relate that information?

There is just a check to see if bubble flares are equal or over 35 (old points) of damage padding to give different messaging. Bubble flares can literally be anything. They can be 1 point to 50 points.

Wyrom, PM
Re: bubble flares 05/14/2018 11:01 AM CDT
Okay. To confirm, these I just had added are mdp then?
Re: bubble flares 05/14/2018 11:10 AM CDT
Question time.

1. Are the padding levels a set CER at time of adding them to the item, or is it a random number selected each time it's flared of 1 to 50.
2. If it's a set in stone CER padding, could it be explained as to what level the ones released at CCF are set to and what the padding level for the certs added at DR did?
3. If it's a random level of padding, do ALL bubble flares (ie there are no tiers?) have a chance of flaring between 1 to 50 CER padding? If so, when a flare is refreshed, is there a chance for that CER level to go down/up or does it stay the same as what the original selection for CER selected on the first flare? Therefor if you got a CER of 1 (no way to really know) you would need to let the bubble flare wear off to get a higher ranked CER flare?
Re: bubble flares 05/14/2018 12:18 PM CDT
>>Question time.

It works exactly like damage padding. It just takes the number we set just like it would from armor.

Wyrom, PM
Re: bubble flares 05/14/2018 01:34 PM CDT
And the number you set it to for this past ccf is...?
Re: bubble flares 05/14/2018 02:14 PM CDT
The loresong has been updated to provide the level of padding in the same format as ASSESS.

Wyrom, PM
Re: bubble flares 05/14/2018 02:26 PM CDT
Thank you very much, Wyrom.
Re: bubble flares 05/14/2018 11:48 PM CDT
>As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the razor-edged knuckleblade in your hand, and you learn something about it...
>This is an item that will resonate with the user to cause their skin and muscles to become heavily damage padding for roughly a minute after it flares.

And yes, it's there! I think it needs a grammar update now, though...

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: bubble flares 05/15/2018 02:52 AM CDT

A quick question please. I love the MDP bubble flares. Do they stack on top of my Heavily Damage Padded armor?

character of Dethnyain

Gigantuous Carniverous (-2004)
Re: bubble flares 05/15/2018 09:14 AM CDT

Yes they do.