Neutral Customer Experience 05/13/2018 09:59 AM CDT

Clunk went. He had fun. He did not buy anything, not even at the smithy. Clunk is way too poor for such an event.

But that was all ok. He got to chat with a few folks, and got to spend some time going over old times with Drizzsdt.

>gawd< I can't believe Drizzsdt is back. And ... remembers. How in the world do you remember game things without having played for years? Hopefully of us that got to talk with him were able to help with all the new mechanics stuff.

The game crashes were no fun.
The services and items were all cool, but beyond reach, but that's on me for not seeking to play Clunk to be a silver magnet.
The GM's were amazingly patient given the collected set of circumstances.
As usual, all the characters were great.

So ... Clunk is back to Zul now, and back to work.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Neutral Customer Experience 05/13/2018 02:33 PM CDT
I, too, wound up not-spending anything, because poor. <shrug> And again, that's on me.

However, I would have liked at least the possibilities to be a little higher, if say the spinners for the Minor services on Sunday were like we've heard happens late in EG: set to exclude people who've already gotten their Major (for when they're limited) or over a certain number (when they're not) of services.
I know that there were several people spun for both the uncommon & common flares, whom I saw get spun for Majors yesterday.
(And I would swear I saw someone get spun for both the uncommon & common flares, though I could not recall the name if pressed.)

If they've already gotten a Major, they've already had the chance to blow their hundreds of millions. Let the little guy with a half-million to spend, like Clunk, get his flares.
Re: Neutral Customer Experience 05/13/2018 02:52 PM CDT
>If they've already gotten a Major, they've already had the chance to blow their hundreds of millions. Let the little guy with a half-million to spend, like Clunk, get his flares.

I agree wholeheartedly with this, but that's more on the people in attendance than on GMs to regulate, I think. That's the case at every event where services are limited, though.

--- Lauren, Lylia's player
Re: Neutral Customer Experience 05/13/2018 03:09 PM CDT
My point was that the GMs already have a tool which can make that distinction.

We all know precisely how the players are going to act. :)
Re: Neutral Customer Experience 05/13/2018 04:44 PM CDT
I brought my fortune with me to the event, and won nothing. There were accounts who had received enough major services to have a 125mil surcharge!! There were characters I watched win a spin from both "minor" flaring services AND rare flaring services. I'm just disappointed that I feel it's impossible to win anything with the odds. Sitting at the event with two accounts, I spent over 16 hours staring at my computer screen on a beautiful weekend only to walk away with nothing.

I used the WPS, it should frankly just always be open with a cap on how many services you can get per 60 days, but that's all... My silvers did not get drained.
Re: Neutral Customer Experience 05/13/2018 06:17 PM CDT
>My point was that the GMs already have a tool which can make that distinction.

True; major services did tag the individual items to track cumulative service fees, and I'm pretty sure spinners can also be set to skip people who have had services. But they're an imperfect tool.

>We all know precisely how the players are going to act. :)

Hah, true! Although it's equally true that I've seen some wonderful acts of generosity, and I've been the recipient of some too. We play with some great people.

--- Lauren, Lylia's player