Terrible Customer Experience 05/12/2018 09:10 PM CDT
There is no excuse for the lack of reasonable pricing expectations published in advance for many of these services. The 6x/6x nervestaff from Duskruin, for example, is an obvious item for the runestaff acuity service. Had I known in advance it would cost 165M to use the service if I won, and that ensorcel could not be removed to lower the price, and that partial improvements were not part of the packet, I wouldn't have wasted my time trying to win in the first place! The same would be true for the ridiculously overpriced resistance service. Add resistance at RtCF had a cap cost of 24M for 30% resistance. Just telling us to bring a lot of silvers is not helpful when the reality is an order of magnitude higher than the expectation. Please do a better job at providing information so none of us waste our time again.

Tarakan.
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/12/2018 09:21 PM CDT
How is it surprising that silver costs would be higher at a free event then a paid one?

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/12/2018 09:32 PM CDT
It makes planning which auctions/spinners to take place in useless for someone with less than 100 million +, especially someone with a life/other things to do over the mother's day weekend. There should have been a list of distribution methods and cost ranges prior to the event.
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/12/2018 09:41 PM CDT
The runestaff flares from earlier today suffered from the crash and a lack of the values updating properly. Unfortunately, due to this coming to light the way it did, I'll need to talk to the previous winners about the cost error and charge the difference. Some made out a bit better than they should have, but we'll need to correct that now.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/12/2018 10:14 PM CDT

You don't need to correct it, it is terrible customer service to penalize people that did NOTHING wrong. Great way to lose clients at any business. Next time there is an error on your grocery receipt or restaurant tab in your favor you damned well better head back to pay the difference.

Ardwen
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/12/2018 10:15 PM CDT
Not honoring a quoted price after the transaction was already concluded? That's messed up.
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/12/2018 10:38 PM CDT
Yeah that's quite lame to go back and force people who made no mistake to pay more or forfeit their win. In previous instances like dark dangerous armor or drama cloak, they were just grandfathered in and let people moving forward to change.

It affected less than half a dozen people, what's the problem with just letting it go. Its not like 30m+ was chump change anyway.
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/12/2018 10:46 PM CDT
We're talking over some options.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/12/2018 10:57 PM CDT
The people who got the lower prices likely didn't have the coin to try for the services that came after, some maybe can't even afford changing the price.
even when the airline misprices a plane ticket for $69 instead of $699 they don't retroactively charge you, and they are one of the worst out there. It sets a pretty bad business precedent if people can look forward to going to an event, getting lucky and paying an agreed on price only to retroactively have it taken away from them.

Going back and demanding more silvers from people who did nothing wrong is not only not how a business is supposed to be run, it sets a bad precedent for the future. This event otherwise has been mostly decent, I really hope you don't do something to tarnish it.
Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/12/2018 11:10 PM CDT

I'm sorry for the people that could not do their item because they had the luck of being charged the "correct" price. However, don't begrudge those who got lucky by assailing the "management" with complaints that ultimately lead to, potentially, more negative instances...which, back-charging people who got a discount would be a prime example of. Things happen. The event was about draining silvers and pricing everyone out of it won't accomplish that either. The way I see it, find the people who had to turn down the right price, and offer them the same service again at the better price other people had the luck of being quoted. For example, 40M for a 6x/6x acuity T4 nervestaff (not the 169m). Frankly, I'm interested to see if ALL the people complaining would/could even pay that. If they can and want to, more silvers drained and more people happy. On the other hand, it would really open up a can of worms to try to retroactively charge folks. That's just not right. As a small business owner, if I screw up and undercharge, that's on me. Going into people's account after the fact and trying to exact a better fee would be called stealing at that point.

I enjoyed the event immensely. I likened it to some friends as feeling like a pro sport GM right before the trade deadline. I was wheeling and dealing like a madman trying to make moves and get my team into the playoffs. I won one spin between two accounts and won an auction on each. I literally spent 400% more silvers than I had coming into the event because of my moves. I'm broke IG...mission accomplished for SIMU. However, I got everything I wanted because of those same moves and my team is a no-brainer to make the playoffs in this analogy.

I truly hope this is resolved in a way that can accommodate as many people as possible because I'd really love to see this sort of thing at least once a yr.

- Arshwikk
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/12/2018 11:11 PM CDT

>even when the airline misprices a plane ticket for $69 instead of $699 they don't retroactively charge you, and they are one of the worst out there.

this not correct. Post purchase price increases are covered by 14 CFR 399.88:

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2016-title14-vol4/pdf/CFR-2016-title14-vol4-sec399-88.pdf

but later guidance published in 2015 clarified DOT's stance here:

https://www.transportation.gov/sites/dot.gov/files/docs/Mistaken_Fare_Policy_Statement_05082015_0.pdf

"The Enforcement Office will not enforce the requirement of section 399.88 with regard to mistaken fares occurring on or after the date of this notice so long as the airline or seller of air transportation: (1) demonstrates that the fare was a mistaken fare; and (2) reimburses all consumers who purchased a mistaken fare ticket for any reasonable, actual, and verifiable out-of-pocket expenses that were made in reliance upon the ticket purchase, in addition to refunding the purchase price of the ticket." (p.2)

Airlines often cancel tickets due to mistaken fares
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/12/2018 11:25 PM CDT
It's been a LONG time since I had to call Simu customer service, but if those people are even half as good now as they were then, you should seriously run any such announcements past them before making them public. Monty Burns would have been able to tell you that was a VERY bad PR move.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/13/2018 12:01 AM CDT
Not sure if you're directing that to me. But my post was indicating the people who were picked later, not the people who were picked earlier. We had to make the decision to charge the later service what the actual cost was. The people who got an errored cost have not had anything taken away from them.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/13/2018 12:52 AM CDT

Good thing this has nothing at all to do with airline tickets, the DOT, or related precedence.

F-Dawg, your analogy is broken, next time use Unicorn Tickets for your example so no one can come at you with their google skills.

:)
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/13/2018 07:44 AM CDT

>so no one can come at you with their google skills.

my google skills in the aviation industry is how I make a living.
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/14/2018 12:15 AM CDT
I have one of the runestaves that did get worked on for acuity service, but there is something off with it. Loresong confirms it is firing only as +1 bolt AS / +0 CS when the flare goes off. (The details on this are a little messy. It was my staff being held by someone else, since I had to be out of the game when enchants were being spun, but then it turned out someone was giving up their acuity slot and then the work was done through them and paid by the middleman and then given back to me as a gift.)

I'm happy with winning a greater mood on the spinner and I spent a lot of silver on padding at the smithy. This is just where acuity flare issues have already been raised so I am mentioning it in this thread. I'm not sure how that happened. But that is using up the flare slot, so I did not try for other flares later. Turns out it is almost 0x.

- Xorus' player
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/14/2018 11:17 AM CDT
I'll look at your runestaff, Xorus, likely just missing the last number on the property field.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/15/2018 12:37 AM CDT
Thank you, Wyrom. I also have a few Lumnis runs, I think 11, from before the prizes started being given out.
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/17/2018 07:26 AM CDT

"How is it surprising that silver costs would be higher at a free event then a paid one?

Starchitin"

I'd gladly have paid for a ticket over this format.

The ticket format sounds like it offered a much higher bonus for a fraction of the cost.

Kudo's to Simu for backing off on a fee. I think their overall business model today allowed this.

It sucks being left out of an event, so happy all could participate who wanted to.

The game needs silver draining,I believe we got that at CCF.

It also isn't fun to not have what's needed, but that's life. I would have loved to have had a couple of billion silver and gone wild lol.
Re: Terrible Customer Experience 05/17/2018 12:28 PM CDT
I completely agree with Crime's post.

#bardlife