Most helpful (to GMs) way to handle our funds? 05/10/2018 11:53 PM CDT
If I were to win a service, would GMs prefer that I:
* Have a giant note that they can deduct from? (If so, EN bank only, or what?)
* Run to town to grab the precise amount of silvers?
(It seems impractical to carry around all the silvers in coin form.)

For the auctions, will there be a mechanism that requires us to have all the funds on our person already?
Re: Most helpful (to GMs) way to handle our funds? 05/11/2018 12:33 AM CDT
>>* Have a giant note that they can deduct from? (If so, EN bank only, or what?)
>>* Run to town to grab the precise amount of silvers?

There won't really be much need for silver from the GM services. We can grab silver from your bank no problem. You can carry a note if you prefer, but it's not needed. The silver doesn't need to be in the EN either.

>>For the auctions, will there be a mechanism that requires us to have all the funds on our person already?

It will just be GM driven with no mechanics (bid aloud). We may run into issues with this depending on people present (rooms are auto-silenced after a certain point), so we might have to change things up on how the auction mechanics work.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Most helpful (to GMs) way to handle our funds? 05/11/2018 05:23 AM CDT
It will just be GM driven with no mechanics (bid aloud). We may run into issues with this depending on people present (rooms are auto-silenced after a certain point), so we might have to change things up on how the auction mechanics work.
Wyrom, PM

I liked this mechanic from the Great Auction of 2016.

Bidding
Attendees needed to have all the silver and/or notes in hand at the time of BIDding. Notes could be from any bank anywhere in the lands and had to be held in hand (2 max). The bidding mechanics validated the silvers on a character on entry of the BID [amount] command. Coin hands, pouches, banks, gambling kits, and any other silver storing item did not get accounted for when checking silver amounts.

Re: Most helpful (to GMs) way to handle our funds? 05/11/2018 05:56 AM CDT
It would be helpful if you paid for services with the winning character. Pulling other characters in and/or having friends pass silvers/notes/whispers to withdraw from various banks adds to the confusion in an event like this. If you need to obtain silvers from a variety of sources, be the central collector and then give payment to the GM from the winning character, only.

~ Haliste ~
SGM, Events
Auntie H, Forever
Re: Most helpful (to GMs) way to handle our funds? 05/11/2018 06:28 AM CDT

What about collecting silvers from you. I like that idea.

Good advice miss haliste :)
Re: Most helpful (to GMs) way to handle our funds? 05/11/2018 09:34 AM CDT
Haliste & Wyrom, from the combination of your responses it looks like this is a feasible plan for me over the weekend:
- puddle (I don't have enough to make a 'pool'...) all of my silvers on one character, as I already did;
- attend with one character on each account;
- all of the items are on that one character with the money;
- should it come to pass that he wins anything, any of the GM-run merchants can reach out to take his silvers (even from the Landing bank);
- should it come to pass that the other account wins anything, I may or may not be able to say [with the winner] and confirm [with the money-man] that yes, it is alright to pull the silvers from his account (even from the Landing bank).

Reasonable?
Re: Most helpful (to GMs) way to handle our funds? 05/11/2018 11:22 AM CDT
>>Haliste & Wyrom, from the combination of your responses it looks like this is a feasible plan for me over the weekend:
>>- puddle (I don't have enough to make a 'pool'...) all of my silvers on one character, as I already did;
>>- attend with one character on each account;
>>- all of the items are on that one character with the money;
>>- should it come to pass that he wins anything, any of the GM-run merchants can reach out to take his silvers (even from the Landing bank);
>>- should it come to pass that the other account wins anything, I may or may not be able to say [with the winner] and confirm [with the money-man] that yes, it is alright to pull the silvers from his account (even from the Landing bank).

>>Reasonable?

Yes.

Try to consolidate and have everything you need on you for items and in your bank for silvers. It doesn't matter if your silvers are spread out among banks and notes. Just make sure you have it all on the person you're bringing in some form though (silver, banks, notes).

Wyrom, PM
Re: Most helpful (to GMs) way to handle our funds? 05/11/2018 02:52 PM CDT
"Just make sure you have it all on the person you're bringing in some form though (silver, banks, notes)." -- Wyrom

This, and "character on other account", are mutually exclusive. Pretty much the entire reason I was asking.

">>Reasonable?
Yes." -- ibid

This is encouraging, though...
Re: Most helpful (to GMs) way to handle our funds? 05/11/2018 06:03 PM CDT

I would suggest combining all of your funds into a note that you can hand to the character that won the service.