Pricing Clarification 05/04/2018 01:39 PM CDT
Okay, taking everyone's feedback into account as well as trying to keep it as simple as we can, here is the breakdown.

Surcharges will be 5mil, 25mil, 125mil, and 625mil for multiple services. This is for your account.

Surcharges will be 5mil, 25mil, 125mil, and 625mil for a specific item. This is not tied to your account.

The first service you receive will not have the above listed surcharge. If you haven't received a service, but the item has, then only the item surcharge is applied.

These surcharges will be separate, meaning if you are receiving your second service but the item has already had three services, your surcharge will be 5mil + 125mil = 130mil.

Passing items and silvers is allowed. Leaving the room won't disqualify you, but if a merchant is working room order and someone moves you, it can very well take you out of line. It will be up to the merchant working if they were keeping track of the order.

A version of the smithy will be available for the entire duration of the event. The price to enter the smithy will be 100,000 silvers. It will only take silver and there is no warning when walking in. Inside, the blacksmith fees can take a note and/or silver.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/04/2018 01:49 PM CDT
"Passing items and silvers is allowed." -- Wyrom

My starting position is, "all items likely to want work" are on the same character with "(essentially) all silvers".

However, that character is NOT the one I would want to get something like a rune tattoo. Although I just realized that he's also a Bard, so the Sonic work that I was looking at for Sunday... he WOULD qualify for. :)

Should I plan to attend with multiple characters, and pass silvers to whomever needs them (assuming I luck into a [cheap!] win)?

Do surcharges apply to Sunday's minor workings?
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/04/2018 01:55 PM CDT
Will there be an estimator for the WPS smithy OUTSIDE of the actual smithy to get estimates before committing to the 100k entry fee?
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/04/2018 01:59 PM CDT
>>Will there be an estimator for the WPS smithy OUTSIDE of the actual smithy to get estimates before committing to the 100k entry fee?

Yes.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/04/2018 02:00 PM CDT

>Surcharges will be zero, 5mil, 25mil, 125mil, and 625mil for multiple services.

wording inquiry:

"for multiple services" would indicate to me that there is zero surcharge on the 2nd service, is that correct?
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/04/2018 02:02 PM CDT
wording inquiry:
"for multiple services" would indicate to me that there is zero surcharge on the 2nd service, is that correct?

The first time the item is worked on there is no surcharge. The second time the item is worked on there is a 5m surcharge, third time, 125m.
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/04/2018 02:04 PM CDT

>The first time the item is worked on there is no surcharge. The second time the item is worked on there is a 5m surcharge, third time, 125m.

yes, but his decision to include the zero can lead to confusion
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/04/2018 03:04 PM CDT
I clarified the clarification.

Surcharges will be 5mil, 25mil, 125mil, and 625mil for multiple services. This is for your account.
Surcharges will be 5mil, 25mil, 125mil, and 625mil for a specific item. This is not tied to your account.
The first service you receive will not have the above listed surcharge. If you haven't received a service, but the item has, then only the item surcharge is applied.

The original post was updated.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/05/2018 09:00 AM CDT
Do we need to have all the silver on the character getting the service, or are GMs able to vacuum silvers from other characters on the account?
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/05/2018 11:49 AM CDT
>>Do we need to have all the silver on the character getting the service, or are GMs able to vacuum silvers from other characters on the account?

We can't grab silvers from other characters on the account. So please try to have them on the persona you're bringing.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/05/2018 02:46 PM CDT

Can I have bubble flares on my claid? Are claids eligible for the enchanting service?
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/05/2018 03:42 PM CDT
>>Can I have bubble flares on my claid? Are claids eligible for the enchanting service?

Yes, 2x.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/05/2018 04:50 PM CDT

Sorry, but are you saying yes to the first question and up to 2x on the second? Or are you saying yes twice?
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/05/2018 05:30 PM CDT

>>Sorry, but are you saying yes to the first question and up to 2x on the second? Or are you saying yes twice?

Yes to both. The caliber of items allowed at duskruin are allowed here was the preface for this event. Claids while they have 40 points weighting have an open scripted flare slot so bubble flares are just fine and enchanting is just fine. You'll just pay more to add those services to a claid because of its weighting than someone with a 4x greatsword.
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/05/2018 06:17 PM CDT
THORNBROOK put it more eloquently.

That was more an old unofficial GemStone IV quote though. Only real OGs remember that.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/05/2018 09:39 PM CDT

Does the WPS smithy follow the same pricing rules or will it vary depending on the weapon which I presume will be the rule?

Cryheart
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/06/2018 10:27 PM CDT
Are items currently enchant tempering able to get services, either from merchants or the WPS smithy?
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/06/2018 10:39 PM CDT

will ranger resists and warrior fittings add to service costs?
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/07/2018 09:26 AM CDT
In regards to work being done on currently tempering (enchant projects) I'll just mention my previous experience with my Voln armor. I've had it WPS smithy and padded via merchant while both being tempered. I'm sure you likely can't get an enchant done on it mid-temper as that would throw things off I'm sure. But never know.
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/07/2018 09:28 AM CDT
Cryheart, WPS smithy pricing should follow the pricing formula currently available on the wiki. Found at https://gswiki.play.net/WPS_smithy for easy clicking.
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/07/2018 09:58 AM CDT

Aye, and thanks.
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/07/2018 12:07 PM CDT
>>Are items currently enchant tempering able to get services, either from merchants or the WPS smithy?

This question has been asked both here and privately in emails. We cannot enchant while something is tempered. Due to the shear number of services we have, we cannot offer delayed services beyond the customizations or item build services.

WPS can be done still.

>>will ranger resists and warrior fittings add to service costs?

It's best to get these removed before your service to eliminate errors.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/07/2018 12:14 PM CDT
What about the non-enchant services, such as flare adding? Thanks!
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/07/2018 12:15 PM CDT

Same with paladin bonded weapons? Remove the bond before service?
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/07/2018 12:15 PM CDT
Anyone needing help with wearing-off Nature resistance, drop me a line and I'll be delighted to bring the Ranger to SpikeThorn you until it falls off....

<flee!>
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/07/2018 12:52 PM CDT
>>What about the non-enchant services, such as flare adding? Thanks!

Are you asking to add flares to something that is being tempered? The answer is, if the property you're adding will prevent you from enchanting it normally, then no. You can also change the difficulty of your enchant project with some stuff, so keep that in mind.

>>Same with paladin bonded weapons? Remove the bond before service?

I'll be sending out some tips to the GMs working these services. You shouldn't have to remove it, but if you don't want to be misquoted on a price, the absolute best way is to remove temp properties.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/07/2018 01:11 PM CDT

"It's best to get these removed before your service to eliminate errors."

Dude, no, I just spent two months getting this stuff added to my armor!
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/07/2018 01:56 PM CDT
>>Dude, no, I just spent two months getting this stuff added to my armor!

Two months for ranger resistance/armor fittings?

Wyrom, PM
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/07/2018 04:23 PM CDT
>>Two months for ranger resistance/armor fittings?

I didn't spend much time getting my ranger resistance, but I did pay the ranger a substantial in-game sum of money. I'd rather not have to find some way to remove the resistance and take additional silver loss for temporary benefits. Are you saying the automated WPS system will charge additional to add padding to armor with temporary ranger/warrior resistances?
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/07/2018 04:29 PM CDT

"Two months for ranger resistance/armor fittings?"

How long would you expect to find a ranger able to do 95% resistance and a warrior to do 40% puncture fittings? Thats kind of a really specific thing, of course that took two months, and yes it would be disappointing if I had to remove them now to get stuff worked on by a GM or the smithy.
Re: Pricing Clarification 05/08/2018 04:14 PM CDT
Will it be possible for a merchant to erase the project in order for the item to receive a service?