BMC > EG 12/09/2020 05:07 AM CST
Speaking of my own opinion here, but I liked Briarmoon Cove better than Ebon Gate.

1) Two Days of Raffles/Spins
I liked having all of the raffles and spins crammed into 2 days. I work a full time job (not from home) so the week long merchant week of EG requires me to take a week of vacation if I want to participate fully. 2 days is easy and I can just request those as my days off.

2) Duration
The shorter duration is a win in my opinion. I really wish Ebon Gate would get trimmed down to 2 weeks tops.

3) Raffle Costs
Briarmoon Cove had a good mix of offerings. I'm a fan of cheap raffle entry and then paying a fee if you win, such as the case with the T3 Briar Flare weapon. I think the cost to enter raffles should be even lower if a surcharge is required though and standardized; like 10,000 - 25,000 silvers.

4) Raffle/Spin Offerings
The FULL schedule was released ahead of time. Please continue to do this. No complaints about the offerings. A good mix of fluff, mechanical, low, and high was offered.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: BMC > EG 12/09/2020 07:23 AM CST
EG being shorter would be cool.

BMC raffles were good for most people, but they really didn't interest me much.

Releasing the raffle schedule ahead of time should have always been done.

Cheers, ya'll.
Re: BMC > EG 12/09/2020 08:47 AM CST
>> EG being shorter would be cool.

Somehow we went from one end of the pendulum to the other with EG timeframe. When EG was much shorter, it was a challenge being able to get familiar with the layout of the map, location of shops, etc. So people were asking for EG to be extended to allow time for this. Instead of just adding a week, it somehow morphed into a month long event where the RP Storyline, live game, and merchant activities all occur on different weeks.

As someone who advocated for extending EG for the reasons identified above, I agree that EG is too long now and you lose the frenzied fun of everything happening mostly over the course of 1 week. I know some people prefer the current format and don't like having to make decisions about which merchant to go to vs. a live game vs. other happenings so you really can't please everyone.

I am also now squarely in the "EG is too long camp" but still want to see some extra time at the start of the event to allow people to get familiar with the grounds and maybe do some initial shopping as requested a number of years back.

Disclaimer: I haven't attended EG for the past four or so years for multiple reasons. One reason, but not the only reason, being the overly extended duration of the event. For me EG was (and should be) a Halloween themed even occurring around Halloween. The first week in October is way to early for that.

I did participate in some of Briarmoon Cove this past weekend (I still have some shopping to do) and enjoyed the time I spent there! It was much easier to quickly familiarize myself with the BMC grounds due to the smaller size and the assistance of fellow festival goers!

-- Robert

>> [You have failed your current Adventurer's Guild task.]
Re: BMC > EG 12/09/2020 09:13 AM CST
>I am also now squarely in the "EG is too long camp" but still want to see some extra time at the start of the event to allow people to get familiar with the grounds and maybe do some initial shopping as requested a number of years back.

+1 to that. As for BMC...

Well I absolutely love it. It's the best free festival in recent memory, it lived up to the nostalgia I had for it, and for once it's nice to have just a fun festival that doesn't involve super high stakes. The absence of jackpot wins has made this event feel much friendlier. Please don't think I'm suggesting that we do away with high stakes prizes - those have a place and I enjoy them. But the drama, complaining, and stress that go along with those have been absent for this festival and that has been refreshing.

-Raffles were awesome - didn't win any but that's okay. Knowing the schedule and full offerings in advance was superb.
-Shop items exceeded my expectations.
-Chiseled is a fun little mini game (again with no high stakes, it can stay a fun little mini game and not a 24/7 scripting farm). Thank you for bringing this back at the last minute.
-I appreciated the volume of merchant services.
-I'd love to see that puzzle maze come back if we do BMC again.
-I'm looking forward to Conquest Wheel and DragonBones.
-Thank you to the team for looking at raffle and service pricing. The adjustment is truly appreciated.

Really what can I say? I have no complaints. You all really hit it out of the park with this one.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: BMC > EG 12/09/2020 09:42 AM CST
The idea of two days of raffles and merchant work has come up before this year and I'd be sorry to see EG condensed down to that. I agree that EG currently feels too long, but I still enjoy merchant week. I also have friends who would be unable to take the weekends off and would therefore miss all the services.

I have really enjoyed the reduced raffle costs and agree about the fee on winning. It's also been fantastic to see the schedule released in advance.

It would be nice to have the fest open a couple days earlier than services starting. Wed or Thurs if services start Saturday, as an example. If you're not familiar with the layout or don't have a map, it's difficult to find a lot of the raffles or merchants.
Re: BMC > EG 12/09/2020 11:48 AM CST

For those people who try to get heavily invested into the EG plot line from the beginning, the first week is largely story stuff. The shops being open in the background is makes it seem/feel longer than it is? I think the fact that there is a week of merchanting in Plat which seems to alternate with a week of story/games in Prime and then needs to flip requires the longer time frame of several weeks to get all of it in. I'd be happy to have the storyline take place after the shops and merchanting is done if it helps reduce festival burnout for players. The storylines at EG are my favorite part anyway.

As for BMC, I really appreciated the raffle prices/scheduling and even the raffle tickets having the cost of the service if you win right on them.
Re: BMC > EG 12/09/2020 09:29 PM CST
Chiseled is pretty fun. :)
Re: BMC > EG 12/09/2020 09:46 PM CST
<Chiseled is pretty fun.>

I keep seeing this.... yet everyone pitches a fit when I suggest bringing back the prizes to tier 2-4 wins at EG minigames....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: BMC > EG 12/10/2020 12:39 AM CST

well i put everything but the rare very rare t5 in the crate. when you do it 3m times there is a lot of stuff.
Re: BMC > EG 12/10/2020 05:32 AM CST
If all the properties of the mini prize items with full descriptions were posted in advance, it would make it far easier to sort through them. I spent 1 million silvers on chiseled and it still took an hour to sort through and sing to the items as I had no idea what many of them were or did.

The second is ensuring everything can be sold for varying silver costs based on tier of prize.

In regards to digging, most folks are digging to find a T6(Jackpot). The more prizes/fluff/junk you find the more time you have to sort or empty your inventory and that takes away from time that could be spent digging. Chiseled had no such carrot to chase and most folks are playing for probably a couple of hours or less and then stopping versus digging for over two hundred hours.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: BMC > EG 12/10/2020 12:00 PM CST
I'm glad people enjoyed the format for this event, and I appreciate the positive feedback. I will say, arranging a schedule of events is actually a very tricky business on our end of things, and I can see how that would be a nearly impossible undertaking when it comes to what they do for EG. They're very different events, and it's a pretty tall order, most of the time, to accomplish a published schedule in a way that is reliable and on time for you guys.

Also, I'm going to look into whether or not we can offer more spikes, but not sure yet!

~Galene

SGM of World Team
Re: BMC > EG 12/10/2020 12:15 PM CST
I'm actually surprised shield spikes/armor spikes aren't a premium points item yet.
Re: BMC > EG 12/11/2020 09:02 AM CST
>I keep seeing this.... yet everyone pitches a fit when I suggest bringing back the prizes to tier 2-4 wins at EG minigames....

Well I also miss the t4 prizes in digging, not so much the t2 prizes. But these two games are apples and oranges. Chiseled isn't meant to be scripted 24/7 in the hopes of finding a jackpot, because there are none. It's just a fun little diversion. Digging is a game in name only, and has evolved into an all-consuming beast over the years (for better or worse).

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: BMC > EG 12/11/2020 09:10 AM CST
FIXED: Digging is a game in name only, and has devolved into an all-consuming beast over the years (for better or worse)

-- Robert

>> [You have failed your current Adventurer's Guild task.]