Aranthium Jewelry Update 12/08/2020 02:57 PM CST
Players who felt they were dealt a raw deal on aranthium jewelry will be relieved to find that they can now REDEEM their jewelry for a full refund. Sorry it wasn't up to your expectations.

Those keeping their jewelry will find some improvements--you can LOOK at the jewelry to determine how much mana it holds, and TOUCH will now tell you roughly how long you have remaining until you can use it again.

Auchand
Re: Aranthium Jewelry Update 12/08/2020 03:19 PM CST
Have the "look" and "touch" information been added to the "analyze" of the items? (If not, this would be useful.)

THANKS for adding those two commands!

(And for future consideration: I don't think that it would be entirely game-breaking for the cooldown to be reduced to a more usable framework. Like, "usable once per hour" versus the "once per four hours" they are now.)
Re: Aranthium Jewelry Update 12/08/2020 04:56 PM CST
"[Your senses are still too dull to use aranthium for another 2 hours.]" -- in-game response to 'touch'

Given that I've been in the office for the last EIGHT hours, I submit that I have far exceeded the FOUR hour limit of the jewelry.

If the duration on these items is going to work like a spell effect--where the time does not count down if you are not logged in--then I would like for it to appear like a spell effect: listed in "spell active".

I had planned on keeping at least two of the four that I bought. (I bought four because I figured I could use one, then the other while it was in cooldown... turns out, not.) One for each of the "serious" casters.

Having them go from "six times, spaced throughout the day"--such as "before work" and "after work" and "before bed", like my login time tends to be--to "once every four hours OF LOGIN TIME" means that I may very well get one or two uses PER WEEK out of any given one.
Which means that I am a lot more likely to redeem all of them, instead.

Clarification, and hopefully re-revision, would be great!
Re: Aranthium Jewelry Update 12/18/2020 09:37 PM CST
Aranthium jewelry's user exhaustion effect has been appropriately updated to use real time instead of in-game time.

Auchand
Re: Aranthium Jewelry Update 12/19/2020 05:29 AM CST
An excellent change, Auchand!

(Now, bring the shop back around again... I already 'redeem'ed three of the four. :)