New Material: Aranthium 12/05/2020 04:49 PM CST
Found rarely in areas of intense volcanic and magical activity, aranthium is a naturally occurring metal that is alchemically similar to krodera and kroderine. Spells cast on aranthium are absorbed into its metallic structure. Unlike the aforementioned metals, aranthium stores absorbed magic in a stable state, allowing spellcasters to release that energy in a burst of mana. Aranthium does not have much luster. Its natural cream color often causes laypeople to confuse it with ivory, at least from a distance.

Auchand
Re: New Material: Aranthium 12/05/2020 04:53 PM CST
I'm pleased to see the continued introduction of new materials, and aranthium appears to have some interesting lore-based properties (and a cool name).

Would it be at all possible to convert what are now the old-style mana batteries (in bracer form) to aranthium, either as the material itself or (preferably) the drastically reduced cooldown between uses? I don't think there are but a handful of them out there. I have one that I've owned for years now, and I feel like I'd actually give it proper use if I could use it more than once every 24 hrs, like the aranthium items. It might be a very niche service, but I suspect that there might be a few interested people for it.

- EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.