Flight of the Manticore: Gnome Problem, Man 05/19/2021 10:59 PM CDT
A tiny leatherbound journal, stamped with a pair of linked gears in bronze. The exclamation points are noticeably larger than the rest of the cramped words, as if jabbed onto the page with an extraordinary level of excitement:

"And so my bitter captivity begins. The indignity! The sheer horror of having a wide world reduced to four stone walls. My brave, gnomish heart quails at the thought! Woe is me. Woe! And yet not all is lost, for I have the company of the finest friend I have ever known. Dear Fid is trapped in here with me, and where the two of us go, so goeth opportunity! We shall find a way to bring our invention down, and in doing so ingratiate ourselves to these barbaric captors. I don't doubt the krolvin will come for us when she finds out about the Ravager's true nature.

I really should have bought more deeds."

OOC:

Representatives from across Elanthia converged on Wehnimer's Landing's Moot Hall this evening to hunt for Kyjani's henchkrolvin and the missing gnomes, Hauptwhistle and Fiddlestix. Mayor Talliver Dabbings of Icemule Trace, the Imperial Drake Aludria, the gnome Bliza, and Lord Legionnaire Commander Cyik Elenelon Vaalor led a group to ferret out the gnomes, while Kynsella a'Vatale of River's Rest led a party of intrepid adventurers to hunt the krolvin.

Midway through the hunt, Kyjani used the Ravager to attack Teras Isle. Using a portal that Ellerel crafted, response teams successfully defended Kharam Dzu.

Talliver's group found followed a trail of clues at local businesses to discover the gnomes hiding in the Landing's temple, where they were apprehended and extradited to Icemule Trace. Kynsella's group discovered signs of krolvin activity on the Black Sands near Wehnimer's. The local krolvin seem to have flocked to Kyjani's banners now that she has such a powerful weapon on her side. Kruj, one of Kyjani's associates, evaded capture and fled. But with Hauptwhistle and Fiddlestix in custody, it's only a matter of time before a method of bringing down the Ravager is revealed!

The World Team is pleased to present this month's ongoing storyline, Flight of the Manticore. The tale of this mysterious creature could lead anywhere, from the shaded closes of River's Rest to the rough-and-tumble streets of Wehnimer's Landing. The World Team is trying something new in that this story will be built around scheduled events. Manticore-related affairs may occur at any time, but there are a few guaranteed dates where you can get involved in the main events. We'll announce the location for these happenings as the quest continues.

05/26/21 @ 9:30PM ET - Icemule Trace
05/28/21 @ 9:00PM ET - ????

Stay tuned!

This message was originally posted in World Events: Festivals, Sagas, and Storylines, Current and Upcoming Events. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/321/2371/view/1925