LTB Topic 09/24/2018 01:29 PM CDT
Post your item wishlist here.

Wyrom, PM
Re: LTB Topic 10/15/2018 06:29 PM CDT

LTB Vultite 2h sword
Re: LTB Topic 10/15/2018 06:43 PM CDT
If you insist on vultite, there is "a marred twohanded sword with a cracked brown zircon pommel" (vultite, +20, lightning flares) on PlayerShops right now.

Rolaren is also +20, and stronger (if breakage ever becomes a thing again); eonake is both +20 and Sanctified (can hit the Undead if you are a Cleric or Paladin) and again, stronger than vultite.
https://ps.lichproject.org/items?s=sword&f=A__D___________F_B
Rolaren is first listing, vultite is the second, and eonake the third.

Then there's a nice little Enhancive vaalorn two-hander, only +18 on the weapon but +10 from the Enhancive (means it's essentially +28 when you swing, because your skill is 10 higher... at 33rd level). But the +2 to your STRength bonus means you're at a net +30 to your attack while swinging your +18 weapon kicks in at 9th.
Re: LTB Topic 10/15/2018 08:13 PM CDT

if the rolaren one is better then how come the vultite one is listed at 10x the price of the rolaren one??
Re: LTB Topic 10/15/2018 08:16 PM CDT

also why is that vultite sword listed at roughly 3x the price of one from the npc store??
Re: LTB Topic 10/15/2018 08:40 PM CDT
Because players set their own prices in player shops? Some people even use their shop like an extended locker, purposely pricing things ridiculously, hoping that nobody buys it, but being able to live with it if they do.
Re: LTB Topic 10/15/2018 08:43 PM CDT

So your reason why it's priced that way is that they didn't want to sell it even though it somehow ended up on this player shop list thing?

Or if they did then the reason it's listed that way is "just because" they felt like it?

Umm..k. o_o
Re: LTB Topic 10/15/2018 09:01 PM CDT
It's not his fault. Like he said, that's what the player priced it at.
Re: LTB Topic 10/16/2018 02:41 PM CDT
>So your reason why it's priced that way is that they didn't want to sell it even though it somehow ended up on this player shop list thing?
>
>Or if they did then the reason it's listed that way is "just because" they felt like it?

Yes, it's a discretionary market. If the shop owner feels the item has special value, he can price it high and see if someone will buy it. It doesn't really have to be special, either. A jar of gems worth 800 silver could be priced at 10,000 in a player shop, just because that's still considered fairly cheap for certain buyers. (Usually these are people who have a bounty for the same gem and don't want to bother asking around for them.) When the Lumnis contest is going, the jar might be worth 50,000 to a few over-achievers. If the jar doesn't sell, the shop owner can then lower the price, or he can let it sit on the shelf for awhile.
Re: LTB Topic 10/16/2018 02:47 PM CDT
I'll sell a millionaire stranded on a desert island a stale Big Mac for $50,000.

Is it worth it? To him, maybe....
Re: LTB Topic 10/18/2018 06:23 PM CDT
>>Because players set their own prices in player shops? Some people even use their shop like an extended locker, purposely pricing things ridiculously, hoping that nobody buys it, but being able to live with it if they do.

This.

There is a perfect imflass handaxe in Clunk's shop for sale at 16,000,000 silver.
It is enchanted by Aurla, and enchanted one time above the natural +12 enchant of imflass.
It has a few scripts (clench wave, raise).
It is not worth 16,000,000 silver.

It is on display because it is the first perfect blade Clunk made, and because of that, in Clunks mind it is "show" worthy, but if some character is foolish enough to buy it at that price, then he will reluctantly live with it. 16,000,000 million silver is a LOT of vultite slabs.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: LTB Topic 10/18/2018 10:59 PM CDT
<It is on display because it is the first perfect blade Clunk made, and because of that, in Clunks mind it is "show" worthy, but if some character is foolish enough to buy it at that price, then he will reluctantly live with it. 16,000,000 million silver is a LOT of vultite slabs.>

Well... that's one way to show off your first perfect... but I'm glad my warrior's idea of showing off her first perfect was to get it enchanted up to 7x, add snake flares to it, and give it to my rogue to use and brag about the quality of the craftwomanship...

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: LTB Topic 10/20/2018 05:12 AM CDT

>>Well... that's one way to show off your first perfect... but I'm glad my warrior's idea of showing off her first perfect was to get it enchanted up to 7x, add snake flares to it, and give it to my rogue to use and brag about the quality of the craftwomanship…

Oh yeah, one of the best things about forging is that path of building up your own blade and relying on the hard work of other characters, with merchant touches as the add-ons.

One of Clunks perfect short-swords got enchanted to 7x by Aurla, to 8x by Sadie, then etched and enruned by a travelling merchant with writing "Revenge of the Demon Hunter: Next Time, No Bucket!" added to the blade to reflect the most recent historical events in the lifetime of Clunk.

Other Clunk-forged blades have been similarly modified to conform to the goals other players have for their characters. And its not just Clunk. Many other characters have done that with other player-forged blades. For those of us who forge blades, and those who enchant, this is what we work for, to be known for our work, and to have others brag about the goodness of it.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: LTB Topic 10/08/2021 07:18 PM CDT
I'm probably doing this wrong, I never normally use forums, but I'm looking for a wand-holding runestaff, at least 4x, and custom spell verbs for an empath. Discord is Squawkmonk#4804. Thank you.

-Dezter the Warpath