warcry = use of enhancive? 03/21/2022 01:56 AM CDT
I've been noticing a lot more of my enhancives needing a charge, and figured it was just coincidence. Then I saw this:

R>warcry holler
You throw back your head and let out a thundering holler!
Your fighting spirit is bolstered to heroic proportions!
You feel a fiery sensation spread through your body, bringing with it a feeling of increased fortitude.
Your gold alloy bracelet faintly pulses with light and you sense its enhancive magic will be depleted soon.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

It's pretty clear that happened as a result of the warcry. This makes no sense to me. Even if it was related to stats that drive success/failure on a warcry, here are the stats on teh bracelet:

a chased gold alloy bracelet: bonus of +4 to dexterity bonus (level 37), +5 to shield use bonus (level 15), +2 to elemental lore fire bonus (level 5), a lot of charges.

Has it always been the case that a warcry may use a charge of an enhancive? And if so, what is it that triggers the use of the enhancive? Dex? Fire lore bonus?

Kerl
Re: warcry = use of enhancive? 03/21/2022 05:58 AM CDT
It doesn't happen often, but I have seen other triggered lines mixed in with things that I would expect to be continuous (holler, result, RT) and uninterrupted. To me, that looks like you had an odd timing of the Enhancive item's message.
(And presumably, it had 'a lot' of charges at the time of purchase/LoreSong, because it's getting ready to run out. Nowadays with my own item tracking, I record both the readout and the date.)

My recollection of what we have been told about Enhancives is that charges can be used (held/worn): when you get them out/wear them, when you put them away/remove them, and randomly on the timer.

And again going just from recollection: use of the armoires from Adventurer's Guild did NOT count as wear/remove, they just scriptedly appeared on you. That, and the Enhancive pause thingies, became attractive so you didn't have to take a chance on eating up extra charges just equipping for your daily hunt.
Re: warcry = use of enhancive? 03/21/2022 10:02 AM CDT
I'm fairly aware of what we've been told regarding enhancive charges, but this did not appear on the screen like it was a coincidence. All bunched in a group, between elements of the warcry, and without any suspicious gaps.

Hence the request for confirmation: does a warcry proc a potential charge loss? And if so, what triggers it? There doesn't look to be any enhancive related to warcries on the bracelet.

A lot of changes have been made lately. It's easy to mistakenly get a line of code in the wrong place. I little clarification would not hurt.
Re: warcry = use of enhancive? 03/21/2022 12:10 PM CDT
"this did not appear on the screen like it was a coincidence." -- Kerl

Remember that we will only see it when the item is getting low. (And I think there may be another message when the item actually runs out; don't recall.)

I totally agree that clarification will not hurt. But I honestly suspect that it is the (admittedly rare) commingling of messages that happened... though I will be equally happy to be told otherwise, and add a new factoid to our knowledge.
Re: warcry = use of enhancive? 05/13/2022 10:16 PM CDT
<<R>warcry holler
You throw back your head and let out a thundering holler!
Your fighting spirit is bolstered to heroic proportions!
You feel a fiery sensation spread through your body, bringing with it a feeling of increased fortitude.
Your sterling silver band faintly pulses with light and you sense its enhancive magic will be depleted soon.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

There it is again. I'm telling you, this is a problem. This is the only situation I've ever had an enhancive get lost in the middle of an action like that, and it's only ever happened with holler, and now it's happened twice. I call bug.
Re: warcry = use of enhancive? 05/14/2022 07:15 AM CDT

ye scairt the magics out of it?

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: warcry = use of enhancive? 05/14/2022 01:50 PM CDT
Well a holler is supposed to be invigorating!

I think there's a glitch in there, and the code is hooking something it's not supposed to hook.

Example: because an enhancive impacts the success/failure of holler, it gets counted as a potential to lose a charge everytime you holler. That would be excessive. I guess I should go check and see which ones I got that message on. Furthermore though, it stands to reason that if I'm getting that message twice in since warcry has changed, how many charges did I lose to holler that weren't close enough to emptying the enhancive to give me that message. Statistically it's likely 10x the number I got the message on, meaning this bug (or feature?) has cost me something like 20 charges.

I've used Bug Item on it, and have stopped using holler in the meantime.

Kerl