been 5 years since my last log in 08/11/2021 10:46 PM CDT

You have a deficiency of 6 Combat Maneuver training points which cannot be settled by your unused points pool. If this deficiency is not accounted for within five minutes, you will automatically lose your least expensive skill ranks until balance is restored. To choose which ranks to lose, simply choose a skill rank to unlearn before that time.

why did this happen. what changed?
Re: been 5 years since my last log in 08/11/2021 11:54 PM CDT
Not sure, but if anything you should have a surplus after the PSM changes of a couple weeks ago....

Though, both my warrior and rogue ended up with CMANs they didn't previously have, so if your warrior didn't have Weapon Bonding (which was moved to being a FEAT) and was given a new cman during the transition, that could account for having more CMAN skills then you have the points for.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: been 5 years since my last log in 08/12/2021 12:48 AM CDT
care to give me the highlights of these changes?
Re: been 5 years since my last log in 08/12/2021 01:03 AM CDT
It was a pretty big update... squares were given "Feats" at certain levels from 25-50 (Weapon Bonding became the warrior level 25 feat), weapon techniques were added, and there were a host of CMAN changes. All the changes are detailed here: https://gswiki.play.net/Player_System_Manager_-_Phase_3

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: been 5 years since my last log in 08/12/2021 04:36 AM CDT
Check your "cman info", you may have been saddled with something that you don't actually want/need/use. UNtrain that, learn what you actually do use.

Also, you may have had some CMan ranks removed, and the training points given back to you. (One of my little guys who uses every training point all the time logged in and I had 72 training points available. So I re-learned a stack of CMan ranks, and then bought some CMans.)
Re: been 5 years since my last log in 08/12/2021 09:26 AM CDT

ok, interesting stuff. so if i want to learn kroderine soul, i need to use a fix skill to unlearn one of the basic default feats. can i unlearn just one of the armor feats or are they all one for that purpose?
Re: been 5 years since my last log in 08/12/2021 10:30 AM CDT
<so if i want to learn kroderine soul, i need to use a fix skill to unlearn one of the basic default feats. can i unlearn just one of the armor feats or are they all one for that purpose?>

You don't need to unlearn anything to learn KS, you just need to specifically learn it, unlike most other feats. The fixskill part comes in if you want to unlearn it later.

Be warned that if you rely on any kind of magic, you prolly don't wanna learn KS. You can still use society abilities, be healed by empaths, raised, and rub black crystals for a disk if you learn KS, but pretty much any other beneficial magic won't affect that character. This means no spell-ups from other players, no using imbeds, no using scrolls, etc.

If you hunt solely using your own abilities anyway (like my warrior does), it's not a big deal... and the Absorb Magic feat you get from it can be a life-saver if you use it well. It's def something you wanna go into with your eyes wide open though.

Starchitin, the OG

Re: been 5 years since my last log in 08/12/2021 11:08 AM CDT

for that character, a spell up is a small statue and a white crystal. i think i can live without those.
Re: been 5 years since my last log in 08/12/2021 11:33 AM CDT

You already have a learning selection for Combat Mastery outstanding. Please enter FEAT LEARN CANCEL if you wish to make different Feat choice.
>FEAT LEARN CONFIRM
You have now achieved rank 1 of Combat Mastery, costing 0 Feat points.
You have lost 60 Combat Maneuver Points, and have a deficiency of 58 points.
[You are no longer trained in Feat: Combat Mastery.]
>

You have a deficiency of 46 Combat Maneuver training points which cannot be settled by your unused points pool. If this deficiency is not accounted for within five minutes, you will automatically lose your least expensive skill ranks until balance is restored. To choose which ranks to lose, simply choose a skill rank to unlearn before that time.

i tried to learn 2 feats, i guess that was a mistake. should have a warning put in there before something like this would happen
Re: been 5 years since my last log in 08/12/2021 12:55 PM CDT
You shouldn't have to use the learn command for most feats, you just get it when you're level is high enough to know it.

Kroderine Soul you have to opt into by learning and Weapon Bonding you have to choose what weapon you want to bond with and go to a holy place to bond with it. Also Absorb Magic and Dispel Magic you automatically get when you learn Kroderine Soul. Aside from those exceptions, FEAT LIST should show you as knowing the feats once you get to the appropriate level.

I'll grant you that the available documentation doesn't do a good job of explaining that at present, though.

Starchitin, the OG

Re: been 5 years since my last log in 08/13/2021 07:32 PM CDT

With Kroderine SOul, you also can not 'think location to <name>', nor have your location be sighted.

This makes things difficult if you wander into the Hall of Mages library by mistake.
They come fetch you out pretty quick if you start playing with the lanterns.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)